Dtg's Reasoning For The Wrong Dostos

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Aran, Apr 29, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Layers provide timetable space for those German locos that already exist at the time the new route is built. Hence HMA's timetable includes 146 Regios, 425 Regios, and 185/143/155 freight services (conceivably there is a 182 layer; I don't know). That makes for a reasonably busy route, if one owns the others. But naturally HMA was not made with timetables for the 101 or 112.

2. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

I totally agree there needs to be more interaction. As it is the Driver (You) has to do most tasks. Open/close doors, (This is fine for modern Driver only operations! But not ok for the other passenger operations). Couple/uncouple, (In the UK this would be done by the second man in days past, and I assume its still the case in the US).

Totally agree!! I think the way forward is Driver, Second man, Guard/Conductor, Signaller communication and interaction. Also if you take over a live train you should get some sort of handover.

This could be done verbally or with a written popup or both.

3. edward.gregg

Fantastic work XD

4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Head over in the Creation Center section, there is a thread about the livery designer (50 odd pages long) you are going to be very surprised about the level of detail of some livery recreations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. edward.gregg

The problem with me is I'm no good at art work :( Are these liveries downloadable because i got the impression they cant be shared "Officially" :P

6. eire007

eire007 Active Member

I never said I was willing and I am not going to buy it. Why? Cause it’s my choice. I’m not being forced and I’m not going to whinge about it looks different blah blah blah. Don’t buy it. Move on till something comes that pleases you. Very simple. Everyone on here are like cry babies. If no one buys it they will learn a lesson. Think outside the square.

7. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Can’t find an answer to how you put a few sentences together and still made no sense.

8. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Awwwwwww so upset none of your arguments have any standing. Common sense always rules. DONT BUY THE GAME IF YOU HAVING A CRY. Why is this so hard to understand with with you non “casual” folk hahaha

9. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

The point with casual players is that, especially in train related things, they dont have any idea what quality is. So they literally buy everything which looks nice on the outside. You dont care for Dosto-Variants because you just want to drive trains? Fine. Do that. But dont load your "Dont buy it if you have a cry" on people who are passionate and engaged about something they love. Because these people are not only the most nitpicking people in their hobby, they are also pushing quality onto a standard where also the casual player gains a profit.

Just co-exist. Casuals have their legitimate place in this community, rail enthusiasts have their place here. And common sense is a non-existing structure to often legitimize unnecessary and dumb decisions.

I for myself wants to see progression in development. I want to see the game develop and enrich itself by using its potential. Am I exaggerating in a lot of discussions? Yes. Because I want people to take a stand for their opinions. A community can only live and grow with the debates and discussions within. And excluding parts of the community with "Dont buy it if you dont like it" is neither helpful nor leads it to progression. We all want the best quality in this and we have to debate, discuss and point out what needs to be improved. And telling people to boycott a product never leads to a solution that brings value.

• Like Like x 8
  10. solicitr

If you are on PC, there's an unofficial way.

• Like Like x 2
  11. edward.gregg

;D Do tell xD

12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And I think since lots of new content gets released, fixes for routes such as LIRR, Rapid Transit and MSB that had fixes finished months ago get pushed back in qa because dtg prioritize making sure new content works probably so it could be released quickly instead of having qa prioritizing major bug fixes or other things that have been fixed months ago but haven't gone through the QA process

13. tallboy7648

And once dtg do respond, threads like these will get locked in a matter of time because they have "served it's purpose" or have "gone on long enough." If they do comment the first comment would be "play nice or we will lock it" as if we are babies or something

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

When it comes to trains, most of the time they do which is good :)

15. edward.gregg

From what I've seen the only threads that get lock are where us users get bitchy and personal to one another due to differing views. Not because we disagree with their policies or views.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope the Dostos at least sound better.
    Currently silent.

• Like Like x 2
  17. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Except the cab car and carriages on this one. It doesn’t bother me too much but it stood out what they said about accuracy when there’s a polar opposite in some instances here. I do agree what they do do for me as a casual is great mind you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

You really do make some very compelling arguments and with points very intelligently put forward!

• Like Like x 4
  19. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Personally, I have no interest in the livery designer, but I had to laugh when one of the reasons for not letting us loose on the editor was the issue of branding and licensing and DtG (understandably) don't want people putting their licenses at risk with their creations even though it is already happening!
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/filebase/1729-electric-loco/ The cat is out of the bag even with the limitations of the livery designer!

• Like Like x 1
  20. solicitr

Yes, but DTG can turn a blind eye to mod sites. They have to, really; they have to pretend not to notice them. That way if a licensor wants to complain about infringement they can honestly say "We had nothing to do with it; we can't control hackers." All that would change if DTG were to facilitate sharing themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  21. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree, but it still tickled my funny bone.

• Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

They aren't consistent with accuracy which needs to improve. Also they need to plan better to account for making different trains

• Like Like x 3