PC Has Ntp Been Updated For Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by edward.gregg, May 1, 2021.

1. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

The reason I ask, is I've come across some bugs already mentioned and some that may not have been.
    I see the class 47 Brake issue, by trying to overcharge causes issues once you have gone into overcharging the brakes.

First time tonight my windscreen wiper failed just after Huddersfield On the last man Vic - Leeds chapter.

The last Chapter Man Vic - Leeds express. When approaching "Miles Platting" you get a colour light green, then a semaphore at clear (Green) , then a junction signal at RED and T-Boned a DMU. This is not the correct signalling sequence.

Also in the same scenario Sun light is visible in the tunnels, partly at Standage, on approach to Huddersfield, and Morley/ Batley Tunnel.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Class 47 brakes leaking on - a longstanding bug and overcharging them correctly doesn’t clear the the issue. They leak back on. This is very common. They will leak on even if you never go into overcharge.
    Windscreen Wiper - this can happen but I don’t think it’s common or deliberately repeatable for investigation.
    Light in tunnels - a longstanding issue in this route. Looks worse in sunny weather.
    Signals - the route has a couple of signal issues, also longstanding, and I believe the Miles Platting junction is one of them. It’s unfortunate timing if you meet the DMU there, if this is the same bug from a long time ago.

It’s not had a Preserved Collection update because more care was taken with this route when first bringing it across to TSW2. I don’t think any new bugs like these were introduced to it in the process. All these issues were present in TSW2020, but the Class 47 brakes issue might be more common now, it is certainly mentioned more often since TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. edward.gregg

Thank you :) I hope DTG sort it out as its one of my favourite routes :'(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

One of my favourite routes too but I've noticed recently that at almost every station with a signal at the end of the platform, the signal will be red and will stay red until you close the doors. It will then miraculously clear to green. I remember this happening at Huddersfield where the game expects you to stop inches away from a red signal but it now seems to happen everywhere. Is it to create some kind of excitement, the possibility of ending the game prematurely if you don't stop in time? It doesn't happen on GWE Diesel Legends where signals at platform ends are green unless the line ahead is occupied. It's very unrealistic and it's putting me off driving on the Trans Pennine.

5. edward.gregg

Yes I have noticed that with scenarios where you need to stop at a station. making it hard to stop where they want you to! -.-

I wont entertain GWE Legends as to me its just not correct. Its a "cop out" I think! people have wanted a classic GWML and DTG has given them the content just not a period route.

Its like they want to model the UK in the 70s and 80s but just cant get it right. I don't think they have the people with the historical knowledge, Maybe they do but have to make allowances. I see it as era identity crisis :( which is unfortunate. I dread to think what will come of the steam addition. Steam isn't something id follow in sim world, But if you cant get the recent past correct, then bloody hell.

Is the US period stuff correct? Looks like Clinchfield is, as ive not seen many complaints about that from across the pond.

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Mostly. Acc to the in-game calendar, it's 1975-76, although I would say it feels more like 1971-72. And they went to the trouble even of adding appropriate period motorcars instead of re-using modern cars. But the promotional material says "early 80s", which is entirely wrong- different livery and no F7s by then.

(Also, orange hi-viz vests weren't a thing in the 70s)