Tsw 2 Upcoming 'rush Hour' Feature

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Apr 11, 2021.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Brighton again? Someone in DTG must live down there

the PS5 version in that article is the only thing that immediately sparked my interest. Hopefully along with that there is some mechanism that imports a PS4 save file and converts it to PS5 going forwards

• Like Like x 5
  2. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who is really suspicious of the price? Three brand new routes for £24.99 when they struggle to make one route for £24.99 good (think Hamburg-Luckeck and Southeastern High Speed). I know the stock is almost all reused but these are long routes (London to Brighton is 50+ miles). I really hope they can spend enough time to do this content the justice it deserves.

• Like Like x 11
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

What?
    You're saying these three routes should have been included in TSW2 a year ago?

NEC Boston Providence is (arguably) a little shorter than the defunct New York stretch (depending on how much MBTA trackage is modeled), but it has far more potential because that's where the high-speed track is - if, as is safe to assume, the Acela follows as a DLC, it will have a place to run.

As to MTBA traction: only the F40s (and two ancient GP40MCs) work this section. The MTIs are all further west.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. solicitr

TSW2 launched for the same price with three new* routes, new rolling stock and the core game as well

*OK, SPG wasn't "new", but it was fully overhauled

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I don't remember how long the original TSW NEC was, but this one is also like 40 or 50 mile, right? I thought that's not that bad.

As for locos, who doesn't like the F40PH?

• Like Like x 2
  6. solicitr

Me, for one. I mean, it was fine as an intercity locomotive, but it's all wrong for commuter rail.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

Thankfully the splitting and attaching at Haywards Heath only happens a few times a day now and not twice an hour like it used to.

I can’t imagine it will merge with ECW.

I wonder if the Ardingly freight branch would be included in its entirety as its only a couple of miles from Hayward’s Heath.

• Like Like x 2
  8. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

I for one am absolutely THRILLED for Amtrak and MBTA. It’s far past time we get a new American passenger route

• Like Like x 7
  9. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

You might be interested in reading this article.

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

They're all using a lot of already made rolling stock, which might save a lot of investments. The only brand new 3D models needed are MBTA passenger car, 387 interior and one Talent 2 car (as 5-car units run from Dresden to Riesa). They can save a lot in this department (which for me is fine given those are three routes for the price of one). The other thing is these are probably made with a "must-have" loco DLC in mind. NEC will need Acela, Dresden-Riesa icon is the ICE-T and I'm sure there's something for BML. So each route will bring in more revenue further down the line. And customers who normally would pick one, now have all three and might overlap to other countries after playing them. It might be an interesting business experiment.
    The release of TSW2 probably had to be that "cheap" as customers basically had to buy it to be able to get future content. As they had to force the customers, they made a deal for them. This one is a stand-alone though, so it is interesting to see it here.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was unusable. It seems DTG has improved a lot in the safety systems department lately. I expect everything will work this time (or at least I hope so).

• Like Like x 1
  12. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

I would expect that save transferring should work as part of XBOX smart delivery involves the ability to transfer saves so I would expect this to also be possible on playstation

• Like Like x 2
  13. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The cab has low doors, while everything in the middle has high doors. I did not expect that. Never go to bed without learning something new.

• Like Like x 2
  14. nberneck99

Also an interesting thought, MBTA will use a menagerie of different coaches in a single train, will that be in TSW? Or will they just pick one type?

also the MBTA train will absolutely have to have a cab car, there’s no way it wouldn’t.
    I really hope they include the Amtrak ballon tracks near Boston so that you can turn the regionals without having to wait for the AI to magically do it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

When did they first reveal TSW 2? I can’t remember now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s happened.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I think this is the plan, but TBH if they deliver the quality I'm willing to spend more.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Same, I have no problem with getting DLCs (even from other countries) if they're really good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Me neither. I think it was around 1 month before the first release date (august) that was moved to september after they decided to preserve TSW1 dlc. So I think it must have been end of june or start of july 2020, but my memory might be failing me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

If they fixed the ATC and ACSES then they could really go back and fix those on LIRR as well (I mean it's the same or similar, right?). Then with a now properly working ATC they could finally have a busy timetable on LIRR.

• Like Like x 3
  21. TheFirstOnly200

TheFirstOnly200 Member

All I know that as part of the April 2021 timetable change, there have withdrawn the dividing services at Haywards Heath (apart from some late night/early morning services) it’s just London Victoria to Eastbourne, London Victoria to Ore and Eastbourne and London Victoria to Littlehampton.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

in germany, every Dosto cab car has a low entry, that’s another reason the ones in the HBL threads are wondering about, because you only would have needed to build middle cars

• Like Like x 2
  23. solicitr

And also the MBTA cab car

The ICE-T is probably a must-build for DTG anyway, as it's nearly as ubiquitous now on DB lines as the 146/Dosto combination

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I'm a little concerned about a potential lack of traffic on the BML. There are only 27 GX 387/2s and 74 SN 377/4s to cover all the services on the route. Does this mean that some stations like South Croydon won't be used at all? The lack of Thameslink also means that if the route is set in the present day, a number of stations between East Croydon and Brighton won't be used either. The possibility of Selhurst depot being included sounds very cool though imo.

• Like Like x 2
  25. solicitr

Why are people saying it will lack Thameslink?

26. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Interesting, and useful frankly, as I'm sure others are also busy elsewhere at 3pm on a Tuesday.

BML is another route that would fit class 700s along with SEHS, so hopefully that can come in the future and add trains to both routes.

A bit surprising there is no mention of improving the dispatcher to fit more trains in the same route, I would have thought that is a necessary addition to make any real difference.

As others have said we have found the commandline to increase passenger density so it needs more than that, like a completely new passenger system.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yup, at least until now the game checks if you got some specific DLC, not if you got any DLC that contains X rolling stock.

28. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

No class 700 was mentioned in *that* article

• Like Like x 2
  29. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Even as a Yank - I am happy to see this route since it was one of my favorites of the UL variety in TS Classic

• Like Like x 4
  30. solicitr

Perhaps that's the planned DLC loco.

It isn't a licensing issue, I don't think, since Govia owns all of them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I am not at all suspicious of the price at £25 for three new routes. This is, broadly speaking, probably about the right price for such a product (day one purchase for me) - although I would say that since they are now operating at scale (x3 volume of sales across platforms) and easily bringing in £2 million* in profit, that the price might actually be too much. It will be £16 by Christmas. In short - they don't find it a struggle at all. Apart from anything else, two of the routes are ports from TS 2012..

What I do find interesting is that you could see this full three-route package priced at £16 a few months after launch, with the Class 52 Legendary Livery pack still priced at £15....... and this says more about the value of the Class 52 mod than the new "Rush Hour" 2021 route pack.... ;-O

------------------
    *NB: And this is a fully deserved and desirable profit (because it means TSW has a solid future)

• Like Like x 5
  32. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Don't tell that to Metra, which has been running it on its network for decades.
    ( or MBTA, Caltrain, GO, NJT etc.)

• Like Like x 4
  33. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Here here
    With layers and additional loco addons hoping it can be just as busy

34. solicitr

There is no such thing as a a "port from TS 2012."

• Like Like x 10
  35. solicitr

Stuck with it, because the Buy America Act prevented them from purchasing far more suitable traction overseas. The F40 is too sluggish in acceleration and too hard to brake, in a job which requires a jackrabbit like a 422 or a LINT.

• Like Like x 1
  36. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

No...saying with the LIRR the timetable should have been properly made from the release. The fact they would charge me an extra $30 to get access to the full real life schedule isn't cool. Unless I'm not reading into this correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  37. vogelm10

Lol what? It's the like ....oh jeez I get to use the term here.....Iconic commuter loco here in NA! Basically everyone uses them!

• Like Like x 2
  38. solicitr

For lack of a suitable alternative.

39. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Where does it say its $30.00 for the full schedule??

40. vogelm10

I'm saying if the game launched with 181 services but this update gives us the proper number which is significantly higher then I'm going to not be happy if I have to pay $30 to get the schedule to be correct.

41. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

I doubt you will be paying for the LIRR improvements, the $30.00 is for 3 new routes if you want them. Core updates and updates to older routes 'Preserved' have usually come free.

• Like Like x 3
  42. nberneck99

Also the strict FRA rules regarding crumple zones, à collision with an American freight train would cause some European EMUS to break like they’re made from cardboard.

• Like Like x 2
  43. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

Update is free for who has the game already. LIRR gonna be updated later on to be rushour compatible. I don't really understand why are you talking about 30 bucks for LIRR timetable but that certainly not the case.

• Like Like x 4
  44. solicitr

I think you have completely misread the announcement. The Rush Hour bundle has nothing whatsoever to do with LIRR or its timetable.

To the extent LIRR services might be reinforced in the future, that would be due to the free core program upgrade releasing alongside Rush Hour.

• Like Like x 5
  45. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for the stream!:)

• Like Like x 2
  46. MetrolinkF125#916

Yea and there’s also a veterans ACS-64, so maybe we get that one:D

• Like Like x 2
  47. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wonder if they’ll show much of anything. Or whether it’s too far away for that yet. Only another month or so until we are technically in Summer 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  48. solicitr

Yes.

Also, there was a huge pile of them available cheap from Amtrak when they unloaded them.

49. MetrolinkF125#916

Well the TSW2 Rush Hour section has been removed...
    https://react.railsimdev.com/

• Like Like x 2
  50. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

For me, it depends on where the bulk of the work is. Strictly speaking, you are right - TSW assets are deployed in the UE environment (and then actually ported to all three platforms), as opposed to deployed in the TS2012 environment.

But the bulk of the work (with TS2012 and TSW) is in the research, artwork and design, all of which is independent of the software development environment.

You are also right that I have used the term "port" loosely, but on the other hand I suspect that it would be quite wrong to suggest that either the Riesa/Dresden or London/Brighton routes were developed from scratch for TSW 2, in complete isolation from, without any reference to, or without any knowledge of the previous versions in TS2012.

Some would define porting as a more general activity that just means adapting software on one platform to work on another platform, irrespective of the original (and new) development environment or API. And then it really comes to how you define "software" - and I would say that a piece of software that is designed to provide a simulation of railway operations from one specific location to another is quite a specific idea for a distinct software application, and if the same company makes such software on one platform and then re-develops it for use on another platform, then what they have done is..... ported it.

Just an opinion.

• Like Like x 1