Tsw2 Vs. Ts Route Length

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hasse#8149, Apr 25, 2021.

1. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Hi All!

I have heard arguments about passenger density and scheduled services are cut down on consoles ecause they can't handle the load. That might be the case in TSW2 which seem to be quite the resource hog and also have exceptional poor graphics outside of landscape and train details. Cars move like on tracks, passengers especially on the Bakerloo line flutter and move irratically on my Xbox One X. And there should be a function to add more services and passengers for those who want it or for the Series S/X consoles with way more power under the hood. Maybe that will sort itself with the Rush Hour update?

But, what is less clear is why routes are so short in comparison? SEHS has routes to London Victoria that you can schedule in scenario planner only to be cut off in Graves End. At least GWE har London Paddington where all services can go. SEHS only has S:t Pancras where only the 395s can go. 375s and the excellent 465s can't go there. And the 395s are the most boring ones to drive, though cool with dual power systems...

So why are the routes so short? And wouldn't it be better if you couldn't get on a service to "the vacuum" outside the map where you actually can get stuck and not able to go back into the world without quitting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well the main reason is time. It takes a long time to make routes in tsw hence why services and most routes are quite short. DTG have developed autogen to speed up development time although the longest route we have so far is Clinchfield which is 62 miles and that's the first 60+ mile route so far. Yes it may stink that you can't do a 375 service to London Victoria but they can't develop a route forever. Short routes are the reason why many have called for route extensions but I don't think route extensions will happen anytime soon.

It also wouldn't make sense to drive the train to the portal as the train would despawn once it gets to the portal

3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Is there a tool more advanced then autogen which dtg could use to speed up the development?

• Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Not that I am aware of. DTG could probably answer that for you

5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’ve not tried it but presumably you can go “off the rails” in scenario planner to drive 375s and 465s into St Pancras. Otherwise it is a remarkably short line on which you can drive these, particularly the 465 which is a full price loco purchase. I’ve declined to buy the 465 despite it apparently being a good quality train because of the poor value for money it provides.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see a Sheerness branch extension to further use these locos as some services seem quite short and lose immersion as they don't feel like full drives. I'm glad we get to go to St Ives in the upcoming Cornwall route

7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

You can actually use the 375 to st Pancras in normal mode , as the train is still allocated to that route

8. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

The 465 is my absolute favorite, which is why it seems sad that I cannot fully use it. There are services in the time table mode to both S:t Pancras London and London Victoria, but you can only go to S:t Pancras and strangely enough there is a bug thamakes it possible to schedule a service to S:t Pancras with a 375 or a 465 even without off the rails mode, but you can't get moving there. weired. Just strange that Victoria isn't in the game. is it in any other route add-on? Also ut seems like Ebbsfleet international is where the 3rd rail ends so technically you could go one station further with the 465...

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Victoria will be released this summer with the Brighton Main Line. Keep in mind that stations are very complex models and take a lot of time to build. But not apparently the connection to St Pancras (which would entail modeling most of central London - and that would take forever.)

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  10. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

I hope the Cathcart Circle takes in Newton an Neilston. If not it will be a very major disappointment for the first time in Scotland.

11. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

The routes that are coming within Rush hour would of already been worked for months already the release is within a few months. Just like how they released London Underground with TSW2

12. WVUadam

console users of PS4 and xbox one will have to look at upgrading to get the best console experience possible this includes myself although I have Xbox one x

13. solicitr

Not really. It was only in late February or early March when DTG management decided which routes they were going to release this year. I would say the Rush Hour routes have only been in production for a few weeks

14. WVUadam

There routes though outside this package. I thought this dlc bundle would be releasing in the summer.

15. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Dresden Riesa is probably the same build as on PC, when they developed it

16. solicitr

TS and TSW routes are completely, utterly different, right down to the bottom. You might as well claim that red wine is made from white.

• Like Like x 1
  17. fce

fce New Member

Due to the pandemic I guess they will not have had the possibility to go out and survey a lot of new routes. In light of this it makes sense that something like Dresden-Riesa is released now. They were able to gather all the material before. But according to my understanding they will have to rebuild the route for TSW from scratch.

18. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

Most of the way into S:t Pancras is tunnels so not much to detail there. and you CAN go to S:t Pancras but not to Victoria

19. hasse#8149

hasse#8149 Member

I'm on a One X too and I am wondering if I as a casual gamer should go for the series S or X... The Seriex X was actually very reasonable priced here... så maybe I jump all the way :)

20. WVUadam

I would still recommend the series x even if your a casual gamer.

• Like Like x 1