May 4th

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by junior hornet, May 2, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

OK. May 4th is only two days away. I have seen quite a few posts speculating what *new* routes will be included with the Rush Hour update but DTG have never said there will be new routes. They have just said that they will announce what routes will be included.

If the Rush Hour release is not a paid update in itself, then the paid bundle is more likely to be three existing routes a la TSW2020 update rather than new routes as with original TSW and TSW2.

Think about it. DTG have previously said that they announce new routes when they have been given the green light and they usually appear in the Planning section of the roadmap. It is unlikely that a new route, let alone three will be developed, tested and released (even by DTG’s rushed standards) by August, when Rush Hour is likely to come out.

I really hope that there is at least one new route included (which can be purchased separately if required) but don’t be surprised if any new routes are a separate product.

And please don’t shout at DTG if they don’t give you what they have not promised, based on speculative posts from people in the community.

Anyway, I hope I am wrong but I’m prepared for whatever Tuesday brings.

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

These got leaked so.....
    aaaaaaaa.png
    bbbb.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The other two are Victoria - Brighton (including the Gatwick Express), and Riesa-Dresden for the German route

• Like Like x 2
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

5. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

I thought it would get leaked

6. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Guys it could be just a very sophisticated hoax to get people riled up and through us all off the truth.
    We all know that Dovetail sometimes make mistakes but allowing their announcement of the year to be leaked 2 days before it's officially released is just unbelievable. It's more than anyone's job worth to do this !

7. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

it’s stopped everyone talking about a certain carriage type though hasn’t it ;) /conspiracy theorist tin foil hat :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Now you’ve brought it up... ;)

9. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I certainly hope so.

10. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Happy Star Wars Day! :love::D

• Like Like x 2
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

On the one hand, everything you say is correct; but on the other hand if its a fake its an insanely accurate fake. What hoaxer would put in the time required?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

We received the teaser yesterday , so someone must’ve done the artwork for it in about 5 hours . Not possible if you ask me . I think it’s real

13. trainsimplayer

They did say the routes would be revealed on may 4th on their website. Sure enough, it was their website. I think someone has accidentally posted it.

14. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

But why this the HHL main issuse is all it trains a just recycled content,well if this info is true nearly every train in this rush hour update just more recycling,how or who would think this would in any way help with HHL current bad press.

Also it was said NEC wasn't going to be reworked and added to tsw2 well there it was.

At this point how can anyone believe anything dtg tells us,when the say one thing and then just do that thing later on?

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  15. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

DTG will not tell you if they are working on any other "special projects" like Rush hour.
    They said last year about Sandpatch Grade for consoles before the console community knew it was coming that they would like to see it. But they won't tell you "yes its coming to consoles along with koln aachen and the London Underground route in the next update" so they try to deflect tge answer by saying yes it would be a great addition on the consoles.

The same goes for the BML. Loads of people have been asking for the BML (Brighton Mainline) and staff at Dovetail said was yes I would love to see that with in game. They are not going to tell you yes its being released with two other routes as part of a Rush hour themed Passenger release for the 2021 update. They are not lying to you, they are just keeping from telling you what other projects they are working on. Which they are well with in their right to do.

They said the NEC New Jersey route wasn't being reworked for TSW 2 for a number of reasons. And it hasn't. This is the Boston to Providence section of the route, so they haven't lied to you.

Regards

Hentis

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. trainsimplayer

That's partly because, they didn't rework NEC. This route is around Boston. The old one is around New York. Completely seperate route.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Exactly this and you have to allow the guys at DTG to have some fun in their job. I should imagine it would be quite satisfying for Matt to see someone in the live chat ask for London to Brighton, for him to say something like “London to Brighton would be awesome” knowing it is coming and then maybe after the stream, load it up to continue play testing it, even if it is at a very early stage of development at the time with hardly any scenery or whatever. That satisfaction will have been somewhat lost when everything started being put of the roadmap well in advance.

And if people are in any doubt that knowing something before anyone else isn’t satisfying, just think of how giddy the very naughty people who discovered the Rush Hour leak felt after finding it, and how you you felt seeing it after the leak. If I had been the one to find it, I’d have kept it to myself by the way, and would have just made Derren Brown style predictions on what would be included, getting some details wrong to cover my tracks.

• Like Like x 2