Where Are My Named Trophy Fish?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by jne3125114, Apr 3, 2021.

1. jne3125114

jne3125114 New Member

I have quite a few hours on the game and got a named trophy fish in the very beginning...then silence...nothing. No named trophy fish until yesterday and then one today from Lake Guntersville and they don't show up that I caught them and I have screenshots of both. I caught Hunley and Nathaniel. How do I get them? And the perks...hat and hoodie?

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi jne3125114, what platform are you on? Could you share the screenshot images as well as the in-game logs of the trophy fish.

3. jne3125114

jne3125114 New Member

As of last night (Monday April, 6 2021) with 12 hrs and some minutes left I was 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and 3rd in the last online tournaments and did not get one point for all those podium places. Why play? It sure takes the fun out of the game. The platform is Steam Windows 10

Attached Files:

4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

It looks like your log has tracked the catches. Was the issue that you didn't score them in the tournament? If so which tournament were you competing in?

5. jne3125114

jne3125114 New Member

I believe one may have been in a tournament but I don't remember which one. The first one was a little after I began to play the game. Mastery has not shown either one and I never got the rewards. I have gotten rewards before from other lakes except for the named trophy fish. Lake Williams, I haven't scored one yet.

6. jne3125114

jne3125114 New Member

Why don't they just fix the problem and let it go at that? It can't be all that difficult.

7. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

We first need to work out what the issue might be so we can try to help.

If this is Mastery issue please check if you are logged in via the settings page, we would recommend when chasing mastery challenges to log out and back in when booting up the game to ensure you're connected properly. Mastery challenges are an online services so by doing this, it makes sure there are no issues on connection.

8. jne3125114

jne3125114 New Member

Yes, it's almost always on and if not they remind me to log on. Seems they do have trouble making it work on a steady basis.

9. jne3125114

jne3125114 New Member

So that's it? You just leave me hanging? Support? What support?

10. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi jne3125114, we would recommend physically logging out and then back in again when booting up the game, regardless if it says you are still logged in. Doing the forced log out and in will make sure there are no connection issues between your game and the server.

Please note that this will only address the issue going forward and will not update any unregistered catches. If you are still experiencing the issue going forward you will need to submit a ticket to the tech support team for further investigation -

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

11. jne3125114

jne3125114 New Member

While I have your attention why don't they address the obvious cheaters in the online tournaments? All the fun has been taken away by them. We know from day to day who will take 1st and second place. They usually double what everyone else does and let me tell you that's not skill. They know something we don't. Maybe you should monitor that and see for yourselves. It's supposed to be a "simulation."

12. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi jne3125114, as we mentioned before, we have a lot of skilled players in our game who know where the best spots are for fish at certain temperatures. Some players also take full advantage of being able to fish very close to the boat, this allows players to strike on and catch fish in a shorter period of time.

For some visibility on the scoring, we have compared the top PC scores against console.

Big Bass Tour - Console has a higher 1st place score than PC
    E.F.C - Console has a higher 1st place score than PC
    Bite Blitz - PC 1st place score is just above console
    Predator - Console has a higher 1st place score than PC

This month, on average, the top 10 scores on console are higher than the top 10 scores on PC.

13. jne3125114

jne3125114 New Member

Oh c'mon now! They don't cheat? Tell me then how do you catch 95 fish in 60 minutes...better yet show me. There are cheats available for this game and slow motion and fast frame to name a couple. And there are more things you can do. The scores have become so absurd. How can two or three people double an already good (and legitimate score)? One goes to the top almost every tournament and his score is usually double what the rest have. I have been on this planet for a long time and they are not fooling me. Believe it or not, they are not going to do your game sales much good at all. I would imagine there are many in the tournaments that would agree.

14. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Do you have examples of these cheats jne3125114? Or if you have any proof of where these cheats are? "Slow Motion and fast frame" cheats are not something we have heard of, or come across.

Could you please send them to our community manager email so we can follow up.

community@dovetailgames.com