Rush Hour Is Here

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, May 4, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Still no talk about the leak from DTG, I wonder if they’ll acknowledge it at all, or just pretend it never happened.

I also wonder if any additional routes/DLC will be revealed on the roadmap stream later on?

• Like Like x 2
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Or the actual bundle will be completely different, and Sam will laugh at us for being such rubes........

• Like Like x 2
  3. solicitr

Now THAT would be brilliant marketing- DTG themselves "leak" a fake announcement 48 hours in advance......

• Like Like x 1
  4. ADSTRAINSUK

ADSTRAINSUK Member

are you not in Britain

• Like Like x 1
  5. solicitr

It has been said now so often that in the last stream they put it in a crawl: new DLC announcements will NOT happen in streams, not ever. At best, they might appear in the Roadmap itself, and then get talked about in the stream (like Truro-Penzance last time).

But really, why make yet another announcement today on top of Rush Hour? They have to save something for the rest of the year, and by my count DTG only have two routes that haven't yet been announced.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yeah, I’m in Britain. Why?

7. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Ooooh - it's SO exciting.....! I wonder what they'll come up with this year? Will it be three routes, or four?

Will we get to see the WCML from London to Milton Keynes modelled for the first time in TSW (with trains on it)? Will we get an American passenger route? Will we see container flats on a German route? Will they do a route outside of UK/US/DE, say - an Italian route....?

And..... will they announce a date for the release only after they are confident that all testing has been completed on all platforms, including Playstation?

Whatever is revealed, it is sure to be a surprise...!

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  8. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Because in Britain its BST time so 4PM BST will rush hour routes be announced

• Like Like x 2
  9. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Um, is the reveal not at 3 PM UTC? that would mean 1h 20min to go?

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wondered if anyone would spot the deliberate mistake ;)

11. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

3pm UTC is 3pm GMT. As the UK is currently in summer time (BST) the announcement is at 4pm (current time in the UK is 2:48pm BST or 1:48pm UTC/GMT).

• Like Like x 2
  12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Although where is the TSW2 update that is suppose to be released today as every 2 weeks?

• Like Like x 1
  13. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

The TSW2 updates are not that regular. They usually are on the Tuesday before a release.

14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A game update is generally released on the Tuesday before new content is released on the Thursday. There isn’t any new content this week, so we probably won’t see an update today.

15. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention that in the UK we are also in Game Reveal Calendar Date Time, so the current real date in the UK is Friday 7th May..... and so 3.00pm UTC on 4th May was about three days ago. ;-)

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

not long to go now if that leak is real I am surprised it got out, I hope they have a few extra details not announced, I really hope we get a proper PS5 / Xbox Series version of TSW2 then it can properly take advantage of the SSD's speed (back compat games cant use the full speed of the drives) and and other technology

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

We have Sam, Matt & Adam later tonight.

Oh my!

• Like Like x 2
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

After DTG released that fake article on Sunday, it will certainly be interesting when they release the real version today with the actual routes they are doing. A most humorous prank.

Three staff for the stream tonight. I hope I can get to watch it live but that may not happen due to family stuff. The live chat is going to be hilarious and the mods’ fingers will be a blur trying to knock some sense into the spammers.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Willowrpe

are we sure it was fake?

20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m fairly certain it was the real deal. We’ll know for sure in 10-15 minutes.

21. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I think they missed 1st of April

• Like Like x 2
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

• Like Like x 1
  23. Willowrpe

and its been posted on twitter

• Like Like x 1
  24. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Oh is that it? Here's me waiting for a Youtube notification

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep, just an article. There is a stream later with Sam, Matt & Adam.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Willowrpe

and here was me thinking we were getting a twitch stream now!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Well for 24.99 it's a decent range of routes I suppose. Boston-Providence is the only one that gets my attention. It's a shame the 'rush hour' passengers only apply to the new routes to begin with, I am not sure how enticing I find a platform full of passengers at Gatwick, I have lived that reality too often xD.

• Like Like x 5
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The great unwashed masses lol

• Like Like x 1
  29. Luke8899

At least we don't have to experience a flight with them too!

• Like Like x 1
  30. Willowrpe

The London to Brighton route is one of my favourites in TS20xx so I am really looking forward to it in TSW 2, I would have paid the £25 for that alone so 3 routes for that is a good price in my opinion plus the upgrade for the PS5 and Series X/S. I assume the PS5 version has a separate trophy list so thats a potential extra platinum to get! I have platted the first TSW and still working on it for the rest of the trophies before I move over fully to TSW2 (have played it a few times though) as I dont like going back to a sub 1080p version after playing TSW2 on PS5

• Like Like x 1
  31. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I think London - Brighton is a Good Addition. I would pay the 25 bucks for that alone. I have logged many hours of driving the Class 378 *Yes, the London Overground Class 378* and the Class 377. Considering we already have the Class 377 and a Southern Route that it runs on, its quite possible that, should DTG decide, that the East Coastway route will be connected. Espessially, based on what I have found, it looks like we will get the branch of to Lewes from Redhill, which, should ECW be combined, we would have the Full ECW Triangle. Considering DTG has already got the License for the ECW line, they already developed assets, it seems understandable that they could take the assets and throw them into the Brighton Mainline. One thing I am excited for is driving High Speed Gatwick Express services with a Legit Train on a Legit Route, not some Reskined C377 on the ECW. It would be nice to have the Class 700, but then again, for as long as thameslink is running under GTR (which ends in october, but may be extended), its probably never going to happen. Its honsetly suprising DTG got the License from Southern which is owned by GTR, but then again, the license they got for the Original LtB route was before GTR even Existed. I am also excited for Amtrak, which is making a Comeback, finally an Amercian route thats not frieght *I believe the last one, not counting NEC: New York, was LIRR and its M3*. As for the German route, I am into german routes. I have most of the German Collection.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Luke8899

I won't get my hopes up for a connected Brighton Mainline/East Coastway. It is not impossible, but also it is not in keeping with how DTG have operated until now. That said, I assume if someone asks directly in the stream, they will give a concrete answer on this if it's a no.

• Like Like x 2
  33. solicitr

Route linking is something which, if it ever happens, is a very long way off. DTG have no current plans to implement it, although they aren't ruling it out either.

34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No, we were all sure it was real. That was just my attempt at a joke.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

never thought about this, excellent shout.

I can only assume as the game will have a PS5 specific list. No idea how it will work out if duplicates or a new list (I’d prefer a new list to keep things fresh). Guess we will find out in time, probably not on the stream later but someone may ask. Still yet to tick off the 10,000 miles myself.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for Amtrak I want it so bad

• Like Like x 1
  37. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I know I am restarting a thread that is half a year old, but I can't believe I predicted the split of Rush Hour 2.5 Months before Rush Hour

• Like Like x 1