Ts18: Loch And Load

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, May 1, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Main photograph above, copyright Roehrensee.

The Scottish Highlands are due another appearance in Train Simulator, just as well then that Just Trains’ detailed Kyle of Lochalsh line is coming soon to Steam and Dovetail Games Stores!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Hello, when will we be seeing some more American content that takes place in a more recent Era of time and not Steam? We haven’t gotten really anything recently in TS, the last was the Caltrain extension and that wasn’t that much. I hope we see something good soon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

HI Lawjester,

What would you really like to see in Train Simulator?

Best, Steve

4. Lawjester

Well I’ve always wanted to see the Long Island Railroad done for TSW and TS because it’s never been done in any train sim. I’d also love to see the Metro North Hudson line and the Harlem line too because I love MTA content and Jay has said that you guys still have a license and something cool maybe happening. There’s my wishlist. Also can we maybe be expecting something like this soon? Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  5. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Well, what I'd like to see is the South Western Mainline with the line from Weymouth to Yeovil, some more Cornish stuff, like the route from St. Erth to St. Ives via Carbis Bay branch line along the north coast, and the line from Penzance to Exeter, possibly. But I'm really excited for the Kyle of Lochalsh line too! :D

Cheers,

6. Lawjester

Well I remember him saying Lawjester ;). But we have to see MTA content soon, waiting on that reply Steve!

7. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Yes, I know. :) I just wanted to put that out there if you guys wanted to know! :D
    But what do you mean by MTA? What does that stand for? I'm suppose it's Metro-something, correct me if I'm wrong.

8. Lawjester

MTA stands for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. The MTA owns the Long Island Railroad (LIRR), the Metro North Railroad, and the New York City Transportation Authority (NYC Subways and Buses). As you may know I REALLY want the LIRR to come to TSW/TS, and in general LIRR and Metro North content are on very high demand and DTG has yet to really delve into it much. Although they do have a license, I really want them to actually utilize it!!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Thanks for all that info! I'd also really like that!
    Also, what would you imagine a Bus Simulator from DTG would look like? (with the TS/RailWorks game engine, not UE4)

• Like Like x 1
  10. CPScotty8950

CPScotty8950 Member

this route sounds familiar as i proposed the far north line from dingwall to wick which could be done as an extension to it

11. sem34090

sem34090 Member

I would really like... A PRE GROUPING ROUTE!!!

Thankfully it seems that my own attempts are soon to be surpassed by the fantastic efforts of Kris Wilson and the team at Digital Traction.

12. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Well I can't say too much but I think you'll have a great year ahead ;)

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 9
  13. Jay ace

Jay ace New Member

NICE :love::love: yes I would LOVE to see MTA LIRR. oh yeah I almost forgot I seen new Amtrak Siemens Charger Model SCB-40 and SC-44
    would that be in soon ??? DTG is full of surprises.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Robhope

Robhope New Member

Since the Kyle line has been available from Just Trains for about 2 years ( and very good it is too) when it is released on steam will workshop scenarios work work on copies purchased through Just Trains

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Robhope

Robhope New Member

I suggest you look on Just Trains as they are soon to complete the route from Paddington to Penzance.You can already drive as far as Plymouth

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. GWR5029

GWR5029 Member

This looks lovely. I would love to see an agreement with JT to bring their K4 (represented in preservation by THE GREAT MARQUESS) to Steam, seeing as every route needs some type of region specific steam engine to run on it, in my opinion, and the K4 is a fabulous little 2-6-0. As far as my input on what I would like to see, some narrow gauge. We already have plenty of modern commuter rail lines (I know this will anger some, but to me it seems so similar, LIRR, NJT, etc, same as if we had 1 London Underground Line (not Met) I wouldn't ask for another mostly underground line. Seeing as the Met Line is mostly above ground, I would consider it different.) Narrow gauge from anywhere around the world could be fun. More SAR Cape gauge like a mighty garratt, or a 2ft fruit express 2-8-2 or garatt, would be fun. Japanese narrow gauge with some type of steam ranging from the powerful cape gauge steamers to the first Porter built Japanese engine, which is still operable today, or something Chinese like the Alishan Forest Railway.

Of course I would love to see the Vale of Rhiedol in Wales, set in any era. Seeing how fabulous some of the past narrow gauge steam has been, I think some more, whether it was based in the States, the UK., Europe (Switzerland certainly has some lovely narrow gauge and rack railways), or Africa and the Pacific.

17. hightower

hightower Guest

What is different between this version and the already available JT version?

18. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I don't think there's any, just that this is on Steam, not through their website.

19. hightower

hightower Guest

Thought that might be the case. I’d wondered if it would have been like Wherry Lines, where the AP version requires much additional content to work fully whilst the Steam version works straight out of the box. JT are beggars for requiring a tonne of payware to use their scenarios properly (handily for them, most of it is theirs!)

I’d say it’s a bit naff also if they’ve not done any extra work on the route, given that it’s 2yrs old. JT’s stuff is good, but it’s by no means perfect. Their Western Mainlines is still full of glitches and bugs, mostly scenery related.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2018
  20. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

One difference between 3rd party routes sold by 3rd party developers on their websites and 3rd party routes developed for and sold by DTG is that scenarios made by individuals like myself (are we "4th party"?) for the former cannot be posted to Steam Workshop, while those made for the latter can be. In both cases, "4th party" scenarios can, of course, be uploaded to sites such as RailworksAmerica.