Roadmap Update - 4th May 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 4, 2021.

1. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

Question for the stream please:

Please, please, please can you enable saves to be transferred to the PS5 upgrade version... so far I’ve had to start routes 3 times across TSW, TSW2 preserved and then TSW2 preserved when i upgraded to PS5.... please let me keep my progression and enable the saves to transfer across!!! Many thanks in advance!

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

What do you mean no historic route? Just because it won't be set 50 years ago doesn't mean it's not historic. If it's set in the 90's that's still 30 odd years ago. Now the route will be the best of both worlds because it will be historic but HOPEFULLY still have stock that is still in use today, like the class 150.

It's great news the era has been moved forward and it should attract a larger audience.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Interesting to see what they're doing with three bridges Thameslink depot...

• Like Like x 2
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

When I meant historic I meant like the route won't be in the 70s. You could call the route historic still but if it is set in 2010, it's somewhat modern

• Like Like x 1
  5. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

And as we say in germany:
    All good things are three (doesn’t sound very good in english though):

Another question for the stream:
    Has Adam got any news on the containers from ONE for the container waggons of RRO??
    These would be amazing to see soon, cause it would bring more color to SKA, RRO and HBL! :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

Well, then that is not realistic whatsoever. The DB BR 406 ICE3M wouldn't run on that route in reality. The 411s would. Either it's a mistake or they are adding it to give players a ice experience on the route but without having to make a new train. DTG must love adding incorrect trains to routes now

• Like Like x 1
  7. petriknoeldarren

petriknoeldarren New Member

I'm really excited for London to Brighton i cant lie. I really like the choice of the 387 as apart from the 700 (which for some reason is a pain to get into the game licencing wise) its the only appropriate accomplice to the 377s on the route. Having said that, given the time frame, there is a potential for a DLC train, such as the 442, and given that they're all out of service now that SWR are scrapping them, this would be a great time to add it into the TSW collection.
    The 313 finally moving up is good to see too, but that's unsurprising when most likely it is being co-developed with the 314 given that fundamentally the 2 trains are the same. It's going to be interesting to see them drop, been waiting a while for the 313 especially, and the 465 gives me hope that they'll have done it thoroughly, and possibly with the help of AP's sounds

• Like Like x 5
  8. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Hoping Pacers will be 1 of the locos coming to the Penzance route

• Like Like x 6
  9. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

FINALLY there is MOVEMENT on the 313! There IS a God!

• Like Like x 6
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Well it wont be DTG's first time doing something unrealistic, but then it is better than nothing, and it presumably gives consoles a HMA experience finally.

11. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

The BR411 is not in the game, so just skip a large chunk of services? Its similar to the BR425 on HMA in replacement for the BR440 which is not in the game.

12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Or you know... have a gap prepared for 411 DLC. I am 100 % sure there are missing services on the new NEC route waiting for Acela, same could've been done here, BRD with all the branches the route will be super busy, to begin with, you probably wouldn't notice gaps for ICEs and then BAM, two months later 411 comes in.

• Like Like x 3
  13. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Weren't a lot of people asking for ICE services on HBL with the ICE 3, even though they weren't the ones that ran there IRL? I seem to remember that happening. That's not saying adding these ICE services is necessarily good or bad, just saying it's what the community asked for.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Swisstrains

it would also fit HBL

• Like Like x 1
  15. LightningPORTO

LightningPORTO Member

External hardware integration has not been mentioned for a while, how is it going? Have you given up?

NOTE: External hardware is not raildriver, is actual joysticks...

16. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

They are not making the 411, probably because they've no plans to make routes that might make use of it elsewhere, or just because they are no longer focusing on high speed. You are not going to get everything you want, making the 411 would mean not making something else, it's an endless spiral into what different people prefer. A great consolation for not getting the 411 is that they still include services and a close substitute so we can get the experience without having to buy loco DLC, it's a perfectly fine situation for most users.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mrcharliemiggins2.0

There is no other rolling stock to fill in any other services on NEC. For BRD, There are similar trains that fall under the same brand. It has also been stated on steam to add layers to an older route, it requires a new timetable to be built. Not to mention, there are no plans to add a 411 anyway

18. tallboy7648

They could just make the DB BR 440 for hma and DB BR 411 for BRD as dlc. NEC is missing a butload of services without the Acela. HRR is missing a butload of ice services as well but you wouldn't notice.

19. Swisstrains

well, even though they might not focus on high speed anymore; it would make no sense to not make more ICE’s!
    Because that is most likely the thing you will first think of in germany according to trains.
    And everything else is Dosto, another EMU or old locomotives. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like them in the game or I don’t like them at all; I actually like them a lot! But the more trains we get, the less is there to make. And in germany, there are many red trains; and in Riesa Dresden we will see the third version of the talent two; but it’s still differnet from the other ones
    So saying the Br411 won’t be made because they made two out of seven ICE’s makes no sense in my eyes; but that’s my opinion

• Like Like x 2
  20. tallboy7648

Layers for certain routes would require a new timetable anyways. A new ICE timetable would have to made for BRD anyways as well. Also people would love to see different ICE trains as well and not the same low step gen 4 dostos all the time. If they made the 411, you would also get ice services on HBL as well

• Like Like x 1
  21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

No need to be so angry, relax. I've just mentioned it as a potential, these routes are suited for loco add-ons and nearly everyone will be getting these routes, so it makes sense to continue supporting them with more content. They might make it, they might not, I will survive if they don't, trust me.

That being said, 411 is not your usual mainline high-speed rocket. Top speed is "only" 230 km/h, but it tilts, so it's more suited for... well majority of routes featured - curvy, speeds around 160, that's where they're used the most. It would add content to many routes if utilised. That's why I expect it to come one day.

• Like Like x 4
  22. mrcharliemiggins2.0

The ICE was not in the game when HRR was built and the Preservation team have not came around to add them yet. Substitution is easier than a new layer, since the services are already there. The exception to this is a loco DLC for a particular route. If a 440 or an Acela came, it may well have additional services/substitution for the appropriate routes, but not at release.

• Like Like x 1
  23. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m actually pleased that West Cornwall is newer (although I appreciate that this doesn’t suit everybody). An announcement of what trains will be included would be appreciated soon though. Once it’s “in production”, there should be no reason why they cannot tell us.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I feel a bit disappointed. Still no news on the Scenario Planner and Livery editor. The present scenario planner is not good. It has serious design flaws and there is a promise to add additional features. Until now nothing is picked up.

I am also disappointed because two serious issues are not picked up:

- The HUD displaying incorrect information for gradient, open door side, and next signal aspect when the the engine is driving "backward" This is very confusing and annoying and sloppy development.
    - The issues with the game save function which urgently needs improvements. It is not reliable and it is always a surprise to see if you game is running if for whatever reason you do not have time to complete it in a single run.

Also, no bug fixes for Clinchfield announced and this route definitely has a number of things to improve. Same for SEH, still some tunnel lighting issues to solve and so on.

• Like Like x 6
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Have you seen how many months it takes DTG to add a link to a manual on their webpage if someone reports it missing? Even if this was spotted straight away the cogs that turn to get that to someone who can update the webpage are not well oiled. We may have just seen how well the website is kept with the leaky leak over the weekend. I doubt Rivet would change their plans on the say-so of 20 young people (who can’t remember any trains older than the ones that run now) on the forum, that’s not how these things work.

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

Yeh but even if they substituted the DB BR 403 to hrr for example, a whole new timetable would have to be layered and made for the route regardless. The DB BR 101 may have came to hrr only at that time and not to other routes, but that's down to the fact that that was the only route it could fit on without the cab car. Now it will be put in hbl as a layer as well

27. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I am somewhat surprised we've had to wait until this roadmap for the error in West Cornwall's time period to be corrected. One would have thought they'd have quickly edited the article to clarify things. Unless of course they only just noticed the error, which I find hard to believe.

• Like Like x 2
  28. tallboy7648

Probably down to the fact that some knew that hbl has ice services (not many at all to be honest) but didn't realize that the DB BR 403/406 ICE 3 didn't run on that route specifically and a different train ICE train did but just wanted ice services because they thought it would be cool. I do hope dtg make more ice trains so they just don't recycle trains that wouldn't run on routes like these in those routes just to have it to make some happy

29. tallboy7648

I find it hard to believe as well that they have just noticed the error. If dtg read the forums (which they do), you had many players talk about the time period of the route and speculating what trains would be on it prior to the fix so they should've known something was wrong

• Like Like x 2
  30. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

For the stream:
    I would like, if possible, for you to talk about:
    [Core] Memory use optimisation
    Since it has been in production for some months now,
    Can you tell us if it is progressing well?
    How will the game benefit when you finish this optimisation?
    Does it have any relation to the upcoming improvements that DTG is going to implement in TSW?

• Like Like x 2
  31. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Nothing you said made me angry, I just offered an opinion on what you said.

I agree it's perfectly suitable for many routes, as are many other trains, and if they don't make them either, I am happy for them to provide substitutes so we can still make use of paths and experience full timetables.

• Like Like x 1
  32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Really really doubt it. At this stage of development there's nothing to see but wireframes

33. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Who knows, perhaps they just got a kick out of reading all of our speculation while knowing we were miles off!

• Like Like x 1
  34. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

Question for the stream:
    Will the class 377 be improved on from the East Coastway version, or just reused?

• Like Like x 3
  35. solicitr

Layered rolling stock, as opposed to included rolling stock, always risks a degree of inaccuracy. Crikey, Sand Patch now has SD40s in Clinchfield livery running around! Unless and until DTG decide to make the ICE-T, the choice was either layer in an ICE 3 or have no ICE at all.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

You would hope that Cathcart Circle and the 313 are more than just wireframes as they are now in testing, so there may be something to show for those two but I'm not expecting anything.

• Like Like x 2
  37. solicitr

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Rush Hour routes.

38. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I'm excited about rush hour I want to definitely see if they have anything for freight looking at CSX has no trackage and neither does NS

39. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

It could be that Rivet gave DTG the wrong information/code, because we have had DTG staff telling people they won't change the route because of polls etc because it would be too late

• Like Like x 1
  40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Rush Hour routes, or anything really. Including LIRR and RT.

41. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Sam, Question(s) for the stream

- HMA Layer Optimisation progress check,
    - Will next-gen support give the possibility for HMA Layers to be all engaged on there?

• Like Like x 1
  42. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's the same in Germany but here tilting trains have a higher speed limits than normal trains, if they are using a non-tilting trains in place of a tilting one I wonder whether they are going to use the tilting speed limits or not

43. ILied

ILied Active Member

TrainSim-Matt What made you choose the routes for Rush Hour?

44. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Staff members do not like being tagged. Just ask the question and it might be answered at some point in the streams.

• Like Like x 1
  45. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They don’t want make a route expansion

46. ILied

ILied Active Member

I was told by mods to post it here.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

What does everyone think the track mileage for the Cathcart route is going to be ? I'm finding it hard to find that info and I assume the highlighted section below will be the represented area...

upload_2021-5-5_11-8-46.png

• Like Like x 1
  48. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I think I worked out the whole length, with both branches, to be about 25 miles. So I assume it'll be the whole of that map, as it'd be a very short route with just the section in blue.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  49. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Thanks for that.....I am not familiar with the area at all. It's alot shorter than I figured it was and for that length then Yes, both branches would most probably have to be included.

• Like Like x 3
  50. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

At 22:30 Adam said that there will be changes to the heavy trains in MSB timetable but I really couldn't follow his words around 23:23 like "The banker locomotives were ...?"

(EDIT: I'm not a native English speaker and I didn't understand the words after that. Really no offence.)

Now I'm wondering if the services are removed or just the consists are changed? And how about my current progress? Maybe Adam can share some more details about this tweak?

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1