Lack Of Tunnel Sounds And More Track Sounds Needed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Mar 22, 2021.

1. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Good job we have volume controls then innit! ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. martschuffing

I was.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Wasn't it said in one of their streams they had trained up somebody to specifically do the audio? If so I would train some more cause we 'aint feeling it.

Crosstie I don't like this parity policy. I get the feeling DTG do this to stem the tide of mods on the PC, never going to happen imo. DTG say they are opposed to mods which I also think is wrong but there you go but doesn't it make you sad to feel how much this game could be improved if mods were given the green light? Especially in the sound department. There are some very good mods at the moment but there are restricted to what they can do.

DTG imo need to pull their fingers out if they wish to keep their player base.

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

None of the upgrades/fixes done since the new sound guy came aboard has been released yet. Sheesh, some people on here remind me of children wanting to unwrap their Christmas presents on December 21.
    If by "improved" you mean "DTG is sued out of business so no more TSW"

• Like Like x 1
  5. dhekelian

That wasn't very polite was it?. How long has it been since DTG have been saying they going to improve sound on the existing routes? And how long would you say we should be quiet like 'good little children', eh?

DTG getting sued because of mods? Like TS1 you mean? LOL

PS You know the word 'Gullible' is not in the dictionary?

• Like Like x 3
  6. martschuffing

Interesting to note in the route building vid that there was no mention of sounds at all nada nix nowt, all about visuals and arcade elements.

• Like Like x 1
  7. miaideli

miaideli New Member

Sound is a hard business to tackle. The best for them is to wait for Unreal to make the golden feature that they can implement.
    Even in TSW1, no matter what you people say, the sound is 4/10. And is weird because the sound is very important.

I think the best sound on a route, that I ever heard, was on TS, on a non-Dovetail game. A real project of the heart. (won`t share so people don`t think I make publicity, but I am sure there are more than one TS route with super sound).

Dovetail is business and not perfection/love or heart/emotion. They make just enough to sell.
    Remember how happy they were about the motion blur? Then the wheels? Now the crowd... Sound is more hard than animating a few more humans (thanks to next-gen consols, new cycle of GPU etc)

• Like Like x 1
  8. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Something I noticed only very recently; tunnel sounds work on Koln to Aachen. When leaving Aachen and passing under the short tunnels heading East, you can hear the echo of the traction motors and wheels as you pass under them.

I'm not aware of any other route where this is implemented though. Bakerloo would be one such route where this would make an incredible difference.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Sandpatch and Clinchfield have it to name two. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. martschuffing

An excellent route for sounds in TS is the Im koblitzer Bergland route reloaded.

11. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm not a huge fan of heavy freight, so I hadn't come across this for Sand Patch, and I haven't purchased Clinchfield.

It would be interesting to know why some routes have this implemented, and others do not. I could hazard a guess that this may be performance related, as it will likely use more resources. Or, is it something that just never made it to the table due to time limitations? Whatever the reason, it definitely adds to the immersion and I'd like to see the preserved team add it to other routes if possible.

12. martschuffing

It is in the Hagen Finnentrop route in some of the tunnels which are odd, inconsistency bakes my noodle.

13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It will be a shame if the tunnels on the Brighton Mainline don't have sound occlusions included.

• Like Like x 3
  14. martschuffing

Don't hold yer breath old boy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. martschuffing

Just had a run with the (updated) Talent 2 on rapid transit, where are the bogie run sounds? like were on a flying carpet! It is just so wrong to be travelling on a train in this "sim" that has no realistic soundscape at all. :(

• Like Like x 6
  16. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

At least they have sort of have an excuse for it missing, being preserved content.

However the Class 395, which was made for TSW 2, is still missing multiple running sounds.

Why does DTG always seem to have issues with sounds?

• Like Like x 5
  17. dhekelian

There was a youtube video recently where they made a new route for TS, Birmingham area I think. They got actual train drivers to record the sound, pictures ETC and the drivers were keen to take part, they were shown what to do.

If they can do this for TS then why not for TSW2? No doubt they have excuses lined up already.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

One of those probably being that different railways will help out in different ways or not at all

• Like Like x 1
  19. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

It makes you wonder how this wonderful and amazing person called ItsYa165 managed to create superb sounds out of real recordings by himself. If you don't know him please give it a try on the links bellow

https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/...ounds/i393-1972-mk-ii-tube-stock-sound-mod-v2
    https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/mods/c3-train-sim-world-2/c20-sounds/i110-class-166-mod-v2
    https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/mods/c3-train-sim-world-2/c20-sounds/i708-class-375-sound-mod-v1
    https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/mods/c3-train-sim-world-2/c20-sounds/i766-hst-sound-mod-v2 (MTU and Valenta)

For me this mods have made a night and day difference, is like AP came to TSW2. New joint and flange sounds can now be heard, new engine sounds its pure bliss. And this is done by one dude not a company.

ItsYa165 If you are here you are one awesome guy !

Oh yeah one more thing: Do you guys get a weird micro audio crackling like noise from time to time? Its not very loud but its driving me nuts regardless of what content i play with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. martschuffing

They've got no excuses for the 112 though! no joint sounds in cab no FML etc etc.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  21. martschuffing

DtG please can you tell me, does the 112 in-game sound like the real thing? Even remotely.

Why are sounds the fifth poor cousin to visuals?

22. dbrunner#4864

The 112 does not sound like that at all. One of the major things that is missing and you can hear it trough all the video is the traction motors Fan. I never heard any of the fans in any BR112 stream actually going off. Also i think that flange sounds are missing or inaudible.
    I think that BR112 in the video had a window open, so the sounds where loader and not muffled like they would in the cab, not that i am sayng that the 112 in the game would sound like that with a window open :D

• Like Like x 1
  23. martschuffing

Sounds 100% better in TS than this sim.

• Like Like x 2
  24. martschuffing

This is the aural experience I'd like to hear in TSW not to be listened to with crappy tv sound but proper speakers like a decent soundbar or computer speakers that ain't tinny jobs.

Ignoring where it is just focus on the audio going over crossings under bridges tunnels and over the steel bridges and the track joint sounds.

I would like to see those weather effects in the sim too!

Plus a question for those who are experienced with PZB? I've noticed that the driver appears to acknowledge most of the speed change boards even though there are no magnets, may be force of habit? But what I do not understand is he doesn't acknowledge some signals that display an amber warning aspect even though there are magnets? That baked my noodle!

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  25. dbrunner#4864

Can you give example with timestamps from the videos of where the driver does not acknowledge the signals with amber aspect?

26. martschuffing

From 48:57 & 54:53.

27. dbrunner#4864

48:57
    The main signal show a speed restriction (i think 40 km/h) with the colors green and yellow. The repeater signal (small one underneath) shows double green, meaning you are cleared to proceed for next sector. From my understanding when the main signal only shows a speed restriction (yellow plus green) but you don't need to stop and line is clear (distant signal below shows double green not yellow), you don't need to acknowledge the signal

54:53
    Is basically the same thing. You only acknowledge the distant signal before you reach the main signal that shows the speed reduction (yellow + green , also shows 6 on top , so the speed is 60 km/h) No further restriction is shown so the line is clear in front.
    In order to acknowledge this signals the repeater signal underneath would also show double yellow meaning you have a restriction ahead (yellow signal)
    And since my explanation might be bad and i'm sorry about this please also see the picture bellow
    [​IMG]
    Hope this clears things out a little

28. martschuffing

dbrunner, no you are clear in what you are saying, but; PZB has never been clear to me ever, the system is too complex for an old curmudgeon like me! Give me AWS any day! I acknowledge when I shouldn't and don't when I should! :|

29. dbrunner#4864

Hehe its not that complex. You just need to practice more with it and you will start enjoy it. Once you get the ropes you wont want to drive any German trains without PZB since it really makes the driving experience better and give you satisfaction :D. AWS is easier indeed !

30. martschuffing

Would lord zwangbremsezug agree? Sorry for spelling!

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  31. martschuffing

At least there is an acknowledgment that sounds would like to be addressed in the game from Tuesday's roadmap stream, just hope it doesn't fizzle out and die and that it is more than just an aspiration?

32. dbrunner#4864

It could also take a month or such until the update comes out, if they actually fix anything properly.
    Just get TSW2020 if you don't have it, you can find it for as low as 7.5/8 euros online and you will have proper sounds. I gave up waiting for all the German locos from preserved collection, the M7 from LIRR and what not to be fixed in TSW2, hence the fact i still play a lot of routes in TSW2020.

33. martschuffing

I uninstalled that when the preserved collection was announced, besides I'm having fun replaying the mass effect series legendary edition.

34. dbrunner#4864

Oh that is great game man, enjoy Mass Effect!