Bnsf Racetrack From Ts2016!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by vogelm10, May 5, 2021.

1. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

We need Chicago for the new system! I'm going to buy a crazy expensive pc just to play this 6 year old game!

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

DTG cant get a BNSF or Metra License, so its a no go for TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  3. vogelm10

Sad. Imma write to Buffet and say "hey old man let me play trains with bnsf locos!" And he'll feel bad and let them do it

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Then you may be wasting your money. (And six years old? I got started with TS2016 nearly six years ago now and it was an old program then.)

I have a middling gaming PC which I mainly use for TS but it was bought with TSW and video editing also in mind. Truth be told I specced it for those uses and ignored TS because a system that will run TSW will be fine for TS and any compromises made would affect newer software while having a minimal benefit for the old program. Before I got this desktop machine had an old laptop (not sure how old, I bought it second hand, but it ran Windows 7) which set me back £200 and ran TS very nicely. The graphics could have been better, it had a basic Radeon GPU, but other than that I was very happy with it.

TS will run better on better hardware of course but it will run quite satisfactorily on mid range or older hardware as well.

5. vogelm10

Oh I'm thinking of playing other more graphic heavy games too like Warzone.

6. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Then enjoy TS on your monster PC. It's a dinosaur program but there's a reason it's lasted so long and still sees new content. When it works, which is most of the time, it is evocative, atmospheric, enjoyable, satisfying, nostalgic and occasionally all of those things.

7. vogelm10

Well bought it so looking forward to it!