Bml & East Coastway

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, May 5, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Given that DTG is still not working on knitting routes together, which given the complexity involved, is understandable, I’m wondering if…

We’ll see Gatwick Express trains at Brighton and Eastbourne on East Coastway as AI additions to the timetable.

• Like Like x 3
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Probably not, if it was the other way round and ECW came after BML, then maybe, but DTG don’t like to add new stuff to old stuff.

Look at how LIRR has Amfleets but NEC didn’t have LIRR statics, and RRO/RSN don’t share any statics at all.

It would be nice to see though, with the 313 there too we could see an impressive looking Brighton, the best thing we can hope for is that when BML is added, we see ECW/WCW AI at Brighton, and SE AI at the London end, with all the stock being reused, it would be really nice to actually see it used.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Class156

Class156 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that we will see a 700 series as an add-on at some point in the not too distant future after the BML is released! As someone who has spent a lot of time driving the route on TS Classic, I'm really looking forward to this coming out, and I'm confident it will have been built well. The route is one of the most popular in TS Classic too so there is a lot of anticipation I'm sure!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

What is SCW ?

5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I meant to type WCW which is the west Coastway towards Portsmouth.

6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Hope this is added , as it’s my local line

7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Well some AI services are already present on ECW, hopefully these are carried forward to BML.

8. mdh757

mdh757 Member

Something that i've been wondering ever since Bakerloo came out. If we can't have routes joined together yet. Would it be posible to have some kind of portal that loads up the other route without needing to go back to the main menu? So for example you arrive into Paddington on GWR. You then walk over to a portal, similar to the start scenario launch points. Doing so then launches the Bakerloo line and you are immediately placed at Paddington Underground station as free roam on foot. You could have the same with ECW and BML. Drive London to Brighton. At Brighton walk over to the portal. It then launches ECW free roam at Brighton Station. From there you can jump on the next ECW service that arrives.

• Like Like x 15
  9. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Nice Idea I like it, many games do this already.

10. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

That would be fantastic. Especially as SSD becomes more common, load times will be less of an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  11. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

This is much requested as Thameslink services are a big part of the route. As others have often said, there is a bit of difficulty in acquiring the licence. I find this a little bizarre as both Southern and Thameslink franchises are in the hands of Govia. Surely they would be happy to allow use of the Thameslink brand just as they are with the Southern brand. I am sure that someone on here can make this easier to understand but at present I can't see the problem with licence acquisition.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Maybe they don't own the license on the 700 units themselves.

13. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Well the licensing for the trains themselves would be whoever owns the design, presumably Siemens Mobility. I don't know if there are any Siemens trains in the game already (I only really know the British stuff) but as far as I know, we don't have any. The branding would have to be licensed from Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR). Plus if they want to use a real-life unit to produce an in-game version they would likely need permission from GTR, a depot (if not owned by GTR), and probably the actual owners of the units which I think is Evershot Rail though not wholly sure. Either way, there's a lot of hoops to jump through to get a train in the game.

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not them... it's a company called "Cross London Trains", although Eversholt do the maintenance and admin in contract to them

• Like Like x 1
  15. xzh12356710

xzh12356710 New Member

ICE 3/3M

• Like Like x 1
  16. aya.rahman

aya.rahman Member

Exactly what I thought