Matt, 4.26 Clarification Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, May 5, 2021.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

In the stream you said 4.26 will know if it’s playing on this generation or last generation console, this generation already benefits from faster loading times and improved frame rates so what’s the difference/improvement/importance?

Also what are the benefits for us last generation owners who are bashing our heads against a wall trying to get a next generation console without being ripped off?

Thanks Samo1

• Like Like x 3
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

You see faster framerates etc because it's a faster CPU / GPU, not because the game is aware of it and is able to run faster.

In terms of what benefits next gen consoles can see, that info will come at the appropriate time, we're not there yet in terms of having that nailed down as much of it is going to be through experimentation with the game on the new hardware in its new build and seeing what is possible.

4.26 doesn't offer any specific benefits on its own, all those advertised new features you see for particular UE4 versions are all things that need to be designed and coded around, there are rarely sudden improvements that come with a UE4 upgrade that don't require specific work to design and implement for.

Matt.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  3. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply Matt, much appreciated, hopefully by the time Rush Hour is released those of us bashing our heads against a wall will indeed have our new this generation consoles, can I just say I hope lighting is one of the big improvements that ***shines*** through on this generation consoles

More diverse passengers with more intense on your toes gameplay sounds a very good addition to me and a step in the right direction going forward so well done to the team, just make sure they are not on the train when it’s parked up

Thanks again, Samo1

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1