Bike Or Xbox ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Coastway trainspotter, May 4, 2021.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Hi everyone ,

You may have seen my thread the other day about a series s/x , and I decided I wanted a series s . However , I now have a new problem . As soon as I touch my bike something seems to brake . No joke . It is not made for off-road cycling whatsoever , and is very near to being completely useless . But if I buy a new bike , I won’t be able to get myself a series s . So I am kinda stuck with what to do . Another problem is that the bike I want costs £400 , and I don’t know how to get that money , I’ve not got enough stuff to sell to make £400 . I do have the option of selling my Xbox , but there’s no way I’m gonna do that . If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks .

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Keep your current xbox and get a cheaper bike.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's the same where you are, but here second-hand mountain bikes are a dime-a-dozen on Facebook marketplace pages if you just need a temporary solution

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coastway trainspotter

But my current bike seems to have something go wrong as soon as you look at it

5. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

You're kidding right? Who needs exercise when you have TSW2.

6. Coastway trainspotter

But I like mountain biking

7. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Cycling is cool, for years i used to cycle 64 miles a week minimum to and from work, then work moved and i caught 2 trains and a bus to work lol, now after not riding my mountain bike for nearly 5 years I'm slowly getting back into cycling after being made redundant and finding job closer to home.

8. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Welcome to adult life!
    What a decision to have to make. New Bike or Xbox? It's not like having to feed your kids or have heating is it? One luxury or another isn't a huge decision, you'll ultimately have to bite the bullet and choose one.
    One could argue that a bike is the intelligent choice, as Krusty says, it's mobility and freedom as well as the healthy choice. But conversely, TSW helps home your motor skills (personal experience) as well as providing relaxation. End of the day it's what's important to you, as it's literally 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
    A more adult approach would be what do I have to do to get both? Save for a few months or get a job?

9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I'd say bike, but I'm biased. If I had to give away everything and could only keep one thing, it would be my bike. I couldn't live without it, it's exercise, freedom, transport and I really love to ride. I like playing TSW, but on the list of important things in my life, it's quite far down.

10. Coastway trainspotter

Hi everyone , I have decided that I will get the £450 bike instead of a new Xbox . I think I will wait til Xmas then wait til then to ask for a series x , and later on get a 4K monitor . Thanks for everyone’s advice

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a wise decision. Better for your health and you may find yourself a job where you can go on bike and make the money to buy the XBOX.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coastway trainspotter

Not for a while :)