[download] Route ,,merging" Scenario: Wuppertal-finnentrop

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tom Fresco, May 5, 2021.

1. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I have studied the Savegame folder and discovered a method to load a Savegame while being in the Game: Checkpoints!
    This allows you to directly load a new service after completing (failing, see below) another, so things like continuing a service on another route without going through the menu becomes possible.

Description:
    Today you'll take this train from Wuppertal Steinbeck to Finnentrop, stopping at Letmathe to deliver some Wagons to a siding.
    To make the transition between RRO and RSN at Hagen, you have to SPAD (do not stop, or the scenario will be over and you cant load a Checkpoint!) at Hagen and then you load the last Checkpoint. Now you're still at Hagen Freight Yard, but on RSN.
    The installation of the scenario is explained in the ReadMe, but basically you replace the title of the scenario in the filename with your Username.
    Your train departs at 16:16 and will be in Letmathe at about 17:20, where you can take a short break until 17:25, when you'll deliver the wagons and continue to Finnentrop, where you'll be arriving roughly about 18:00 after an almost 2 hour Drive!
    If you want to save while playing the scenario, i'd recommend to do that after the transition to RSN, because otherwise you could overwrite the CheckpointSaveGame and the transition wont work anymore.

Download here:
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/7049-wuppertal-finnentrop/#comment31660/response1256885

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

That sounds awesome, I give it a try right now. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

Wow, great news.
    It would already be great if you could stop at stations and change your route to RSN without stopping either.
    Anyway, little by little. A great job.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Great to have found this solution. Always a pleasure to discover your scenarios. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Aaahhh nice, I wondered what Matt was on about when he mentioned players have managed to do some unofficial merges, so it sounds like this sort of thing should be possible for Brighton too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

That sounds like a pretty neat trick, lol.
    This is more of a jumping from one route to another. But there are some real unofficial route merges. I believe someone managed to properly merge the two german routes, and also LIRR and NEC a while back. Obviously without services, but the maps were properly marged, even with the rails connecting, if I remember correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Oh thats cool will have to find some of that, thanks.

8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  9. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Awesome!! Very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. miaideli

miaideli New Member

Still don`t get why they don`t do that? ( I did listen to Roadmap videos on the subject and how hard it will be with signals, timetable etc)
    I mean I would not mind stopping at B station, press NEXT or whatever, load, and be going now to C station, instead of going back to A. Even if the Timetable is not like the real deal on the website (it still is not, since stations are missing) it would be awesome to have this great TSW in a 1 or 2h route spanning 120km instead of 59.99.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Yours is a fascinating discovery! I'm not sure about trying it just yet, but you may have opened a door to TSW developments that have yet to be attempted by DTG itself.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tom Fresco

I think he was talking more about physical merges, which happend certainly with LIRR and NEC ( there is a video on YouTube somewhere). But couldnt find anything for a real merge of RSN and RRO,which he mentioned .
    And yes,this is possible on any two routes, it will work in Brighton, but you can also do stuff like a RE1 service on SKA, and then continuing it on HRR.
    But right now you need to SPAD in Order to be able to load a Checkpoint, i'll see If there's another way.
    Also passenger Services could be a Problem, because they could overwrite your Checkpoint after completing tasks Like stopping and closing the doors, but im not sure about that. I'll look into it.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tom Fresco

Ah, I should have known that it was you, i remembered your NEC LIRR merge, but did not find this Video from RRO and RSN, thanks :)!
    Do you think its possible in TSW2 too?

15. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

I have it in TSW 2, just dont have reason to make another movie of that as its the same :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tom Fresco

300px-Is_It_Possible_to_Learn_This_Power.jpg

Sounds pretty cool, but also Like a lot of complicated tuning with the Game, but Id love to know how it could be done :)
    (And i feel already special when scearching trough the Savegames... :D)

Last edited: May 6, 2021