PC Tsw Spring Update Performance

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SamYeager270, May 4, 2018.

1. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

From the patch notes:
    What are people's views on this? I ran a HST service from Reading to Paddington last night and the stutter when encountering other trains seemed way less. Still noticeable but fairly limited in impact. Anybody else noticed this?

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I don’t have that DLC, but I hear much comments of much higher FPS across the board.

3. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

I was gonna ask the same thing. I wonder what exactly has changed in terms of performance in Sprint Update. To me, the driving experience doesn't feel any smoother. Actually the game seems to stutter and freeze more often when I'm moving the camera around (especially in external-view). When I keep looking forward, it's okay. But that's not how I usually play. I like to look around and watch the scenery on both sides of the train and I'm sure that many other players do.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I don't see any performance difference, only that on NEC many bushes and trees have been deleted for better fps.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daniel Bloch

Shukal: I can look if I find some old screenshots, for example after the west exit of the tunnel on NEC there was everywhere bushes in the water completly covering the water. No it's just water there.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SimonM719

SimonM719 Member

Yeah I can confirm that, the "Swamp" is now like a "Lake" :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daniel Bloch

I sadly have only one old screenshot where you can see the swamp before the "optimisation". But you can see its not only the swamp that has been optimised. Also the trees have been reduced heavily. Both screenshots are made on ultra settings.

Before the NEC optimisation (train moving with motion blur):
    [​IMG]
    After the NEC optimisation (train standing still):
    [​IMG]

Here the areas marked where you see the differences:
    1:
    you clearly see the pylon for the electric wires, on the old screenshot its covered with a tree, that is now missing?
    2: on the old screenshot you see here green bushes and not much water, now completly without bushes.
    3: the hill looks somehow naked with spots where you can see the hill, before the patch it was all covered with trees. Also the green traffic sign on the highway is now clearly visible.
    [​IMG]

I play at 3440x1440 at ultra settings with 120% screen percentage and customized objectviewdistance in the engine.ini at 32. And i have locked the game at 60fps... i have before and after the "optimisation" stable 60fps... So i cant say how much performce you get on weaker systems, i dont have any better performance.
    System: i7-4790k@4,4ghz, GTX1080.

THX DTG for making NEC now ugly like you did with the sand patch route.

If you missed it, here is how DTG "optimised" the sand patch route and making it ugly with some comparsion screenshots: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/what-happened-to-the-grass.2513/

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

I don’t see any difference.

10. Daniel Bloch

Anthony Pecoraro : so you dont see the water covered with bushes on screenshot one? Click on the pictures to expand them then you see the difference.

• Like Like x 5
  11. RMNRWY

RMNRWY Member

They did this with CSX:HH last year. They dumbed down the scenery to improve performance. I remember saying that they should have a scenery density slider. Those of us with powerful systems should be able to have all the detail available. Why take away stuff to improve performance for lesser systems? The lifeless city and no radio or dispatcher activity in the locomotive cab, also takes away from the immersion factor.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Anthony Pecoraro

Oh. I see it now. I sent them to Matt.

13. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Do not worry, Daniel! There are some who always have poop in their eyes :) :)

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  14. Anthony Pecoraro

What?

• Like Like x 1