Ts20xx Routes To Tsw2 - Why Not Tsw2 To Ts20xx?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 749006, May 6, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have noticed DTG are releasing in TSW2 another two routes from TS20xx.
    Can we have some of the TSW2 routes in TS20xx

North Trans Pennine would be a good route in TS2021 as would Rhein-Ruhr Osten

What do people think?

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I can't agree more... Well, for North Trans Pennine anyway.

3. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Active Member

I'd love to see both Northern Trans-Pennine and Tees Valley in TS202X. Darren Porter's excellent North East England obviously covers the latter, but Tees Valley for TSW is set in the late 80s and more retro routes are always welcome.

I'd even welcome a revamp of the GWML along the lines of the TSW route (i.e. only to Reading rather than the originals Didcot/Oxford) with full electrification and to a more current standard of scenery building.

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

There would definitely be good potential for the LIRR route to be added to be merged with the other New York based routes, as well as the new NEC: Boston to Province would open up MBTA routes for the Boston area.

Sand Patch Grade would also be great to add a another modern mainline CSX route to the game.

5. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Yep, Northern Trans Peninne all the way.

And the core update that should've happened instead of Track Side Walker - Thanks in advance!

6. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

I actually really liked East Coastway on TSW, and would love it to come to TS1. It was the first route I learned to drive with the speed limits and upcoming signal HUD turned off (being able to turn individual bits off the HUD is the only real thing I prefer in TSW). Given we’re “allowed” to have longer routes on TS1 though, I’d love to see it extended out to Ore if it did make it’s way across.

7. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that part of DTG strategy is to get TS20xx players to migrate to TSW.
    If DTG were to publish/port TSW routes to TS20xx then that market would be lost.

• Like Like x 4
  8. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

I think the general consensus will be that that's not gonna happen anytime soon...!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I prefer to get different routes for each sim. For example, what is the point of doing the exact same part of the LGV Mediterranre for both sims when there are plenty of others TGV routes. I played that route in the old MSTS, in TS2021 and now it is available for TSW in the exact same part, while, for example, east of Marseille in the Côte d'Azur there's an awesome scenery that'd be perfect for any of the sims (or Paris, everybody loves Paris).
    Same with the Caltrain being redone when we could have BART (and its 1676mm gauge :)), or ACE, or Capitol Corridor, etc.
    I understand though that licensing issues may be playing in some cases, but when it is the exact same carrier already in the game (as SNCF or Amtrak California) well maybe something else could be done.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  10. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!.... that's funny.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

DTG released the Cross City Route in March which has 37 miles - much shorter than normal

And DTG released the Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden Route in February and it is a very good route but it is Shorter than previous DTG releases at 24 miles plus a high speed section of 14 miles = 38 miles total.

Now DTG are advertising the Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden Route as coming to TSW2.

You get the feeling DTG are just making short routes so they can make them for TSW2 as it saves on development costs

Does not seem to work the other way though and TS20xx users don't get anything out of it :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Washington-Baltimore is pretty short too, TS2020 and TS2021 bundled routes weren't very long either, it seems to be a policy of the last years. WCML-S it's a good exception but I don't remember any other. The price of a route about 40 miles is still the same or even higher than 70+ routes though

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Frankfurt - Koblenz route was an exception at 80 miles but it was the usual DTG Rush Job and the Signals have never been fixed

14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Yet somehow they developed a better Clinchfield Route for TSW2 than TS21 with the inclusion of all 4 branch lines there, at the cost of about 8 miles of mainline.

15. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Tsw may look way better but i think you get more value with TS. Now I'll be interested to see if TS will get the annual update or will it just be tsw2?

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think TS20xx will get the Annual Update as it introduces and changes to the operating system.
    With it we are all playing the same game version and easier if people have problems