Slow Type 47s On Some Ntp Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FrankieAbbott, May 7, 2021.

1. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

Can't get over the 20mph mark. What am I doing wrong? Is it a wheel adhesion issue that doesn't seem to manifest on other locos. HELP!!

2. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Its underpowered compared to the class 45 which isn't right, so if your doing the parcels service with longer consists on the gradient between Machester and Huddersfield it struggles and you can't keep time. It's made worse with a 15mph speed limit at the bottom of the climb so you can't carry any speed. In reality there wasn't much difference between the 45's and 47's, they worked the same services so its a game issue

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

What services are you having issues with?

4. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Handbrake off??

5. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

Maybe.....maybe not. They may be showing as off/running but maybe they aren't.

6. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

I'll check next time I'm on the game but I think it was the/one of the NTP Class 47 tutorials as instructional text came up asking to get speed up to ?40mph......couldn't reach 20mph. I'll replay it and see if it occurs again.

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ah okay, sometimes the tutorials lock out the controls too soon after giving an instruction, for instance not giving you time to adjust the throttle to gain the speed you need, so it could be that. I’ve not done the NTP tutorials in TSW2 but it was a common issue in TSW2020 with the older routes. The idea of the controls locking out in tutorials, I believe, is to stop you accidentally adjusting the wrong one but as I say it sometimes locks out the one you’ve just been told to use as soon as you’ve used it once. Try it in a normal service and see if it works okay.

• Like Like x 2
  8. FrankieAbbott

FrankieAbbott Member

Firstly, I must apologise to you and everyone who has posted suggestions to my query.....I failed to stipulate that I was playing the TSW2020 version of the game. Sorry for the confusion. Your suggestion that the controls may be locking out after a period of time sounds plausible. I am getting quicker and better at using the controls but I tend to get flummoxed during tutorials and dither a bit. I might give a 47 run from Manchester Victoria to Leeds a go.........after trying the tutorial again.

• Like Like x 1