Gradients On Rro

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kosti.nuuja, May 6, 2021.

1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

20210506142205_1.jpg
    This looks very safe.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

This is one of the biggest issues of this route. We can just hope that when the preservation crew will take a look at it in 2025, this will be sorted out.

• Like Like x 6
  3. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

This happens in several routes. It´s an old issue as the rails have no vertical curvature. Normally you won´t notice it if multiple gradient changes are placed together so that the gradient transition is smoother but if only few are placed and the differece between them is big then this happens. You can even notice it while in the cab.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  4. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Every time on RRO it feels like I'll break my neck. I really wonder how they didn't notice it in production.

• Like Like x 2
  5. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

It’s such a great value route but it just seems like they didn’t spend any time at all on the track.

Some curves are very sharp and sudden and that is true to life but the instant gradient changes are very much not and look terrible.

6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

RRO is definitely the worst offender in this. The RE route is a bloody roller coaster to run. 0 to 1,5 % on a dime. I really like the area the route is set in, but barely run it because of this. You sometimes see these on other routes (one on LGV about 15kms from Avignon, one on CRR on the Haysi branch), but they're usually somewhat rare, here it is an absolute festival of these.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Yeah this is one of the biggest issues (but only one of few) on RRO. It‘s really keeping RRO from being a great route (now I would only say decent).
    The other bigger issue is the problematic setup of the timetable (no cabcar on dostos service, big gaps in the timetable on all service types and the low number of freight services).

8. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Thankfully on one of the Roadmap streams Adam said he would like to revisit the timetable of RRO at some stage. He didn't give much detail about it, but he said we should be able to drive the DoSto cab car with the "new" timetable. Just like on all other routes, where you drive the cab car in one direction of the route and the loco in the other direction.

On a personal note, I'd love to see some more freight action on this route. It has the only German container yard in game if I'm not mistaken (Quick edit: MSB also has some container cranes in the harbor area). Imagine some long-distance shunting with a BR 204 between Hagen and the container yard, or move containers around with the BR 363. We will see the new G6 shunter DLC at a later date on RRO, so that will maybe open up more possibilities and maybe add more freight services overall like the BR 363 DLC did on RSN.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

One of the biggest disappointments to me in German routes is the complete absence of shunting layers for the 204 or 363, which at present only exist in their "home" routes. In particular, HMA with its massive switchyards should be full of them.

• Like Like x 8
  10. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Yeah, freight and switching wise there's not really that much to do on german routes, it's highly passenger focused and freight are just a to b runs

• Like Like x 5
  11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

This "feature" is what keeps me from driving on this route, it is just so disturbing, I really hope once RRO gets touched by Adams team this gets rectified. Also curious to see what they did on MSB, that could be an indication of what we might expect for RRO.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Or how about the fact that they introduced dual-headed trains and subsequently only give you one scenario that uses it and it was never to be seen again in timetable mode. Not that having two locomotives actually does something functional in this game to begin with, but that's beside the point now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Have DTG ever addressed this issue? Would add so much gameplay for comparatively little budget. The 363 services are especially good.

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For HMA that is Rangierbanhof München Laim and also the HBF for terminating passenger train that requires a DB BR363 DB BR204 RRO G6 to shunt the passenger carriages for the return trip from München Hbf.