Hamburg - Lubeck

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mkdog45, May 7, 2021.

?
  1. I’m buying it release

31 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. I’m not buying it

14 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. I’m buying it with a discount.

33 vote(s)
    40.2%
  4. You should buy it

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. You shouldn’t buy it

11 vote(s)
    13.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I’m wondering if I should buy Hamburg Lubeck on the 13th May. My favourite content is British but I like German content to. My favourite train is the 442 on SKA. And I own Munich Augsburg but that’s it since changing PSNs.
    Hamburg Lubeck looks good but I have seen multiple issues on the forums. I tend to drive with SIFA and occasionally PZB. I didn’t buy clinchfield or Arosa linie. American freight isn’t my thing but I’m keen to try German freight and I tend not to buy anything from Rivet due to quality issues.
    Do you think Hamburg Lubeck is for me?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I'm waiting this time, I usually buy every dlc on release, but I'm currently working my way through previous dlc's to get all the trophies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ll probably buy, but not straight away. I’m kind of reluctant to buy anything new until we know how the PS5 version of the game will work with the PS4 save file. I don’t want to make progress to a trophy, only to have to start again. Especially as some of the trophies can take a long time to earn.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Tired of german routes. I loved RSN and MSB, but more recent german routes look all the same to me. And they run poorly on PS4 compared to other recent routes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The route itself looked good, the dostos put me off though, not quite as much as Matt saying doing the correct ones would be too much work for too small of a result, that just left me with a bad taste in my mouth and made me recoil a little.

Not massively impressed by the 112 either, partly because of the development of it, and partly because it’s just not that special, most of the German routes by this point are feeling to much of the same, electric loco, dostos, repeat.

This route just doesn’t come with anything unique as far as I’m concerned, and DTG don’t really seem to have put much passion into it either, so I’ll be sitting it out until it’s at least 40% off.

Cathcart and the 313 will be here soon enough, so if they come out half decent I’ll be getting those instead.

• Like Like x 6
  6. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

May I recommend either Rhein Ruhr Osten or Ruhr Sieg Nord if you want a bit of freight?

RRO is great value as you get two lines, an S-bahn and relatively short mainline. It comes with lots of heavy freight and is quite a challenge. It also adds the S-bahn layer and some container trains to Köln-Aachen, further increasing the value if you enjoy SKA a lot.
    The track is poor however but if you look past that it’s a very nice route.

RSN comes with two locomotives, the Dopplestock and decent sized freight. The slow speeds and sharp gradients make it a windy slow trip through the mountains and it really feels like you have done a ‘proper drive’ at the end. Driving with PZB on this route is tough as almost all of the speed signs also have magnets so you can’t afford to look away for a second.

They are also older routes so you can pick them up very cheaply and they both add layers to Munich-Ausburg.

• Like Like x 2
  7. a.paice

I know what you mean, the others all offered a unique experience.
    The Dresden route in rush hour may be more unique and interesting hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not interested. Frankly the only reason I would add to my already bulky German collection is to add additional rolling stock to the lot (I only got HRR to put 425s on HMA), and HBL doesn't have any new rolling stock. The German routes are getting tediously samey, and I see little reason to buy another for the route itself unless (a) it is dramatically different, like an Alpine route or the Linke Rheinstrecke; or (b) it has a new loco (and I don't mean a slight variant of one I already have).

• Like Like x 5
  9. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

If you have only SKA and HMA for German routes I would think seriously about some other German DLC before Hamburg - Lubeck, particularly if you are interested in freight. Hamburg-Lubeck is probably most similar to the ones you have in terms of the kind of A to B fairly straight line journeys it offers. Though tbh I have lost track of which locos come with which of the German routes so I am not sure which is the best to recommend in terms of value for money.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

RSN opens the door for the 363 too, which IMO is the best shunter in the game, quality wise.

• Like Like x 2
  11. solicitr

The only extant German route I don't have is Rapid Transit, because a commuter-only route holds no interest for me. But, frankly, I'm sated. Until DTG offer me something DB which is genuinely different, I see no point in forking over another 30 bucks. They're all really, really similar.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

But which, sadly, can't be used (so far) anywhere except RSN.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Oh I was referring to the OP's question xD

• Like Like x 1
  14. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

In my case I do not bought Rhein Ruhr Osten and Ruhr Sieg Nord due to they were short routes, and limited to S-Bahn trains.

Note: I also have RT, MSB, RSN and Koln - Aachen. I like german trains very much!

The only thing I missed was the freight. But just that does not seems to be worth it to buy the route.
    I have Munich - Ausburg, which provided me the S-Bahn, and the newer ICE3, apart from being a really interesting route.
    Ok there are some performance issues on Munich area - despite I noticed some improvements a week after it was launched - , but I have run several trains, without problems. Even with Scenario Planner. Furthermore it will be a new big performance improvement coming on consoles.

So the Hamburg - Lubeck, is is interesting for me due to:

- It is a longer route: Around 60 miles.
    - The freight train! I love the Siemens Taurus - I bought the 182 - but the freight one it has some differences.
    Also I will get the container wagons, which I like very much! Even as they have logistic company names.(Not at the CSX ones, despite they are real)
    - Yes, the passenger train is not a big deal, due to Dostos - not updated to this route - and BR112 is similar to BR 243, but at least it goes faster.
    As Sam mentioned the BR146 will be available there too.
    - Using Scenario Planner I could run also the S-Bahn, there and other trains.

Question: Sam mentioned it will be 2 timetables for the BR101.
    Then I believe getting this route I could get this loco and passenger cars, which I love!
    Is this right?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Ruhr Sieg Nord is not limited to S-Bahn trains.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

You still have to buy the BR 101 separately, unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mkdog45

Thank you all for your response, if the Cathcart circle or 313 gets an article before next Thursday, then I may hold out for that.
    The thing that intrigues is that you can run back and forth on the route which I like. I also don’t have a doppelstock wagons yet. Will the doppelstock from HBK add a Layer on SKA?

• Like Like x 2
  18. grdaniel48

Yes I know that Paulo. Thanks
    But today I can not buy it, as I do not have the HRR.
    Then this route will give me that chance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

You will still need to buy HRR to get the BR101 as that is its base DLC, HBK will not give you the BR 101 layer unless you have both HRR & the 101.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

No since they are different models, and not the ones used on the layer system.

It is silly how the game cannot detect if you have a newer version of rolling stock, especially since DTG are reusing more and more of it.

• Like Like x 2
  21. grdaniel48

Matjamca... Yes you are right!
    I wrongly mentioned that route, but I wanted to refer about Hauptstrekce Rhein- Ruhr instead!
    So many routes with the Ruhr name!.... :(

• Like Like x 3
  22. grdaniel48

CK95... Ohhh, these are bad news for me!. Thanks about it.
    As I mentioned on other thread I will not buy a hole route, just to get a locomotive or train!

It is a pity locomotives are limited to a route, when they are sold as a specific DLC.

Ok it will be launched for a route. But then might be available for other suitable ones too, like this new one coming.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Mkdog45

This is the same as me, wanting the 101 but don’t have HRR. I’d like to see a system where u can buy any loco and if you don’t own any routes with that loco, u don’t see it on the route but can still use it in Scenario Planner.

• Like Like x 1
  24. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s abit silly how in this train game you cannot simply buy a train.

DTG really need to make progress on these pretty daft technical issues like what stock the game can detect you own and simply buying a train without needing a route you don’t intend to use it on.

• Like Like x 2
  25. solicitr

There is a technical reason having to do with either Steam or consoles why, although they intended to, they can't have locos that exist separate from a route.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I will still get this route but on sale. I am in no hurry to buy it because I still have other routes I haven't played yet. I am sucker for German routes because of how busy they are and I have recently started to love DB and how they operated. I usually spend my time watching cab ride videos whether they are S-Bahn, ICE, etc. Any future DLCs that I am interested in that comes pre-TSW 2 Rush Hour will buy on sale.

• Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This ironically isn't a issue in TS2021. You can buy a loco without owning a route that it's technically based on and use it on whatever ts2021 route you like. I am pretty sure dtg can sort out this issue if they actually tried which it seems they haven't

• Like Like x 1
  28. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

I think it's a console store issue, DTG might not be allowed to sell a product that requires another DLC to have full functionality without it being locked to that DLC.

29. tallboy7648

This can't be the problem. In dirt rally 2.0 for example you can buy a BMW rally car on the Microsoft or Sony Store and you can use it wherever you like in the game. You wouldn't need to own a specific track to use the car in. I feel like this is a issue that can easily be sorted out because other console games don't have this type of dlc system in place

• Like Like x 2
  30. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think it’s more that DTG put the tutorial & scenarios into one route, so if you didn’t have that route you couldn’t access that part of the content, meaning you would be paying for something you cannot access, there’s not really a good solution for that.

• Like Like x 3
  31. tallboy7648

Well I think a solution for a tutorial would be if you by a specific train but don't own the route that it was intended for but own another route that the train runs on in reality like the db br 101 on hhl, you can put the tutorial for that train on that route that it can be used in game or dtg can create a test track like some railroads such as Amtrak have in real life to test the trains and learn how to use it.

• Like Like x 1
  32. solicitr

Not possible.

33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah if there’s any solution for it, it’s not going to be simple, at least unless DTG remove the scenario packs and sell them separately, but then you have a DLC requirement for a DLC requirement for a DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  34. tallboy7648

Personally I don't use the scenarios so it wouldn't bother me that much although I do get why some others would be upset about losing scenarios. I just wish the ts2021 system of when you buy a train, you dont need to own a specific route to use that train especially when it can be used on another route like how the db br 101 can be used on hhl was implemented. It would not have people complain about having to buy a certain route that they may not use all that much just to use a train that they wanted to use on another route

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I wouldn’t be too bothered about losing scenarios after, they only ever seem to be A-B runs with a red signal thrown in now anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  36. a.paice

That’s true, there’s only usually two with a decent difficulty level too.

• Like Like x 1
  37. tallboy7648

Not to mention that it's so easy to get a gold in those scenarios as well

38. Mkdog45

So Hamburg Lubeck has been released, I’m yet to get it as I’m working my way through through the East Coastway journeys and achievements. For when the class 313 comes out.

So if you have purchased it, would you recommend it. What are the pros and cons of it?

• Like Like x 1
  39. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Haven't played much so far. Did the tutorials and half of the scenario's
    I like the route in itself. Also like the 112 although it will take a bit of getting used to. The throttle is a bit sluggish, as it is in the 143. But especially the brakes will take a bit of time to get the hang of. Imho they're not as responsive as some of the other German trains. But that's ok, once I'll get used to them it'll be fine.

At this point the only let down for me is the 182 MRCE. I only did 1 scenario so far and I already had to make 4 threads in the Technical Section about bugs. And I have found more bugs since then:

- PZB lights don't work on the dashboard (major issue for me)
    - AFB doesn't work properly. When you reduce AFB speed, the train will brake far lower than the speed you selected (eg: I had it set to 70, reduced it to 40 kph, and the train almost came to a stop before going back up to 40)
    - In the no.1 cab, instrument lights are not lit, and pushing the button to increase instr.lights doesn't work
    - In the no.2 cab, instrument lights are lit, but pushing button to increase or decrease intr.lights doesn't work
    - In the no.2 cab, left hand side multifunctional screen does not work
    - In the no.2 cab, opening windows does not have any impact on sound whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  41. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Fixes are only for RSN.
    HBL has no planned fixes as of yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1