PC Rro Waiting For Red Signal More Than 15 Mins

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Purno, May 7, 2021.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Service starts at 09:53, but the very first signal keeps on showing red, even at 10:10. That's a boring long wait before I can even start my service. No indication how long I still need to wait before that signal will finally allow me to start my service. AI trains keep on passing me, while I wait, and wait, and wait even longer. Might be realistic, but it's not fun.

Signal finally clears at 10:11. Happened while I was typing this.

Attached Files:

2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Freight often has to wait a while . Just be patient , the signal will go green eventually

• Like Like x 2
  3. hoagy

hoagy Member

Yeah, but the OP addressed that: "Might be realistic, but it's not fun."

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That is the point of making this sim as realistic as possible, otherwise what's the point. I find that if I have to sit await so be it, in real life freight trains often have to wait at certain spots along the line.

5. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Whilst I have no issue with a red half way through the route, you certainly shouldn't spawn into a cab with 15 minutes until the very first signal clears. That wouldn't even be realistic anyways, as diagrams are written with getting the driver to the loco ready for departure (which would be when the red signal cleared).

6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

But the game isn’t about it all being fun and games , where you do what you want . This game is about being a realistic simulator

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

A long wait before a freight train is allowed on the main line is perfectly normal. All passenger trains take precedence. I don't consider it a mistake.

8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

A long wait is fine if it's a through driver. However a driver would rock up to the train shortly before departure time (with the appropriate mob allowance) if they were just taking over the train.

This is neither realistic nor good game play.