Nec Rush Hour

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dave Mel, May 7, 2021.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

this is just a thought. i remember i bought a switcher called Sw1000 that i paid separately to run on this route and i also remember buying a cabcar separately.
    Since DTG scrapped the original route i was now wondering will DTG put the switcher and the cabcar which i paid for and others did on this route for free then we can have them back, or will they give us a refund.

id be happy to have them back on this new NEC route even if they dont run on it

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's not the same route. At all. It's the north end of the Northeast Corridor, whereas the old 2020 route was its middle part around New York.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

You bought a DLC for another game, that doesn’t entitle you to it for free in this game.

NEC is the name of the entire track, the 2 featured parts in TSW2020 & TSW 2 are 150/60 miles apart in different cities, they’re completely different.

The new NEC DLC is also bundled with 2 other large routes for the price of 1, so I’d say you’re getting your monies worth anyway, even so, it’s not like you cannot use the TSW2020 DLC on TSW2020, and it isn’t advertised as coming free for TSW2 either.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Just to clear up some of the confusion I'm reading about this route, Amtrak operates the entire North East Corridor, which is about 450 miles long, from Philadelphia to Boston, crossing 8 states. This is modeled in short sections, such as Baltimore to Washington or New York City to New Haven. This latest section is the 40-50 mile run from Boston, Mass. to Providence, RI. None of the sections that have been modeled can be connected. They are hundreds of miles apart. Comparable to the entire WCML from London to Glasgow.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Neither the SW1000R or the Amfleet Cab Car run to Boston, so we won’t see the return of those on the Boston-Providence route.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

DTG didn’t scrap the route, it just never came to TSW2. It is still there and usable in TSW2020. If you bought the switcher DLC then you can still use it in the game it was made for, so no refund is applicable.

• Like Like x 1