Route Suggestion: Hannover - Wolfsburg & Celle /w Ice 2, 1440 & 424

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by anas.hera, May 8, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. Only if the route was on sale

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Note: This is a redraft of my first suggestion - which was this route. I have corrected many mistakes and made this more detailed. I do hope there’s nothing wrong with this.

Key Information:

Route Length:
    Without Celle branch - 80 kilometres (49 miles)
    With Celle branch - 108 kilometres (67 miles)

Stations:
    Hannover Hbf - Hannover Kleefeld - Hannover Karl Weichert Allee - Hannover Anderten Misburg - Ahlten - Lehrte (to Wolfsburg) - Immensen-Arpke - Dollbergen - Dedenhausen - Meinersen - Leiferde (Gifhorn) - Gifhorn - Calberlah - Wolfsburg Fallersleben - Wolfsburg Hbf
    Lehrte (to Celle) - Aligse - Burgdorf - Otze - Ehlershausen - Celle

1FBB586D-BA10-485E-B9D9-772BBAEBD4B2.jpeg 6FE4758A-667B-47DE-9CFC-CF70E8171D7C.jpeg

Services:

ICE: Hannover Hbf - Wolfsburg Hbf; ~35 minutes; ICE 2

IC: Hannover Hbf - Wolfsburg Hbf; ~35 minutes; DB Br 101

S6: Hannover Hbf - Hannover Karl Weichert Allee - Lehrte - Aligse - Burgdorf - Otze - Ehlershausen - Celle; ~35 minutes; DB Br 424

S7: Hannover Hbf - Hannover Kleefeld - Hannover Karl Weichert Allee - Hannover Anderten Misburg - Ahlten - Lehrte - Aligse - Burgdorf - Otze - Ehlershausen - Celle; ~45 minutes; DB Br 424

RE 30: Hannover Hbf - Lehrte - Immensen-Arpke - Dollbergen - Dedenhausen - Meinersen - Leiferde (Gifhorn) - Gifhorn - Calberlah - Wolfsburg Fallersleben - Wolfsburg Hbf; ~60 minutes; Enno 1440

Rolling Stock:
    DB Br 424, ICE 2, Enno 1440, (101 layer)

[​IMG]
    An Enno 1440 at Hannover Hbf preparing for the service to Wolfsburg

Route Description:
    The Hannover - Wolfsburg railway is part of the Hannover - Berlin High Speed Railway - it will start at the Lower Saxony state capital of Hannover and run all the way to the city of Wolfsburg reaching speeds of up to 200 km/h for a large portion of the route. Starting at Hannover Hbf, alongside the main line is the Hannover S Bahn. The S3, S5 and S6 all terminate at Hannover Hbf, and continue along the mainline with the S3 and S5 stopping at Hannover-Kleefeld, Hannover Karl-Weichert-Allee, Hannover Anderten-Misburg, Ahlten and Lehrte - while the S6 only stops at Hannover Karl-Weichert-Allee and Lehrte. At Lehrte, the S5 and S6 branches to Celle and the S3 branches to Hildesheim - while the mainline continues on its way to Wolfsburg at 200 km/h. The remaining section between Lehrte and Wolfsburg is packed with beautiful countrysides, woods and lush greenery. You can sit back, relax, and watch the scenery go by.

[​IMG]
    A Br 424 at Karl Weichert Allee - S3 service to Hildesheim Hbf

Rolling Stock:
    There will be 3 rolling stock included in this route, with one more as a layer.
    The first one is a common sight on the route, the ICE 2 performing regular ICE services between Hannover and Wolfsburg:
    [​IMG]
    The ICE 2 (picture’s location is not in the route)

Secondly, this route will include the Enno 1440. Owned by metronom, I doubt there’ll be hassle for a license due to DTG previously obtaining the original metronom license for TS20xx. These will take over the RE services:
    [​IMG]
    Enno 1440 at Wolfsburg Hbf

Lastly but certainly not least, the 424 will be included - these will cover the S6 and S7 on the route. Similar to the 425, with only a few differences between the two units:
    [​IMG]
    DB Br 424 at Lehrte

As a layer, the 101 can be included - handling very frequent IC services which can make the route very lively: (Yes, most of those services operate without cabcars)
    [​IMG]
    DB Br 101 near Wolfsburg Hbf

Conclusion:
    The Hannover-Wolfsburg railway is a bustling and busy route which has a diverse option of services which allows the route to have more variety. The rolling stock - high speed and commuter services can all make the route more lively - with that and the nice mix in scenery, this can become a very diverse TSW2 DLC. I hope this reaches DTG as I’d love to explore my former local lines and I honestly see it as a good route for DTG to model!

Thanks for reading! :D
    [​IMG]
    ICE 2 at Hannover Hbf

• Like Like x 16
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and you might need to consider the existing German routes that will add layers here. Examples are Rapid Transit giving DB BR182 freight on RRO RSN HRR HMA SKA and Main Spessart Bahn followed by Main Spessart Bahn giving DB BR146.2 with Dostos & DB BR185 Rallion logos to SKA HRR HMA Haputstrecke Hamburg-Lübeck Ruhr-Sieg Nord & RRO.

3. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Well unfortunately the 101 is the only realistic layer for the route - unless you want to add freight layers between the Lehrte Megahub and the Celle RBF - but that would be pretty useless UNLESS DTG somehow adds in the Hannover freight bypass to at least the Minden yard which I have already suggested.

But this route is also meant to give layers to other routes:
    ICE 2 gives layers to HMA, RRO, HBL and HRR
    And the 1440 could be given a DB livery and layered to RRO for a realistic S Bahn service without using the 422.

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Ok then but how about the DB BR424 what German routes will it be layered on? The DB BR425 can run on HMA as a regional train but not Main Spessart Bahn even though in real life the DB BR425 operate Frankfurt Aschaffenburg Gemünden Würzburg Bamberg services. Along with RB58 to Laufach from Rüsselsheim via Frankfurt Airport.

5. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Unfortunately the 424 does not layer anywhere - it is exclusive to the Hannover S Bahn. But if the HMA timetable gets updated to late 2022 then you could see some 424s on the Munich S Bahn between Hackerbrucke and Pasing iirc.

6. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I really like this idea, the route is awesome and I love the Enno trains!
    But I would not expect the Celle branch to come with the route as it would just be way to long.

7. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Thanks; and on the topic of the Celle branch, the route would be just as long as the Dresden - Riesa route so I don’t think that it’ll be too long - there’s certainly not the same amount of detail needed for Dresden - Riesa too so it’ll be much easier to model the route.

• Like Like x 1