Rush Hour - Can You Switch It Off

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by junior hornet, May 4, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I asked this before but it has got buried in the Rush Hour thread. In tonight’s stream, Sam said they would answer whether you could switch off Rush Hour and play in standard TSW2 mode and then they completely failed to answer it.

So I ask again, if you wish to play the supplied routes or any future converted routes without the Rush Hour features, will this be an option?

I can see this being a problem with people owning an existing route then finding it difficult to play following and update to Rush Hour that they didn’t ask for.

• Like Like x 3
  2. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

Good question, I don't know the answer. I know this is a personal thing but I would rather they announced stuff when they felt they could tell us more about it. Instead of this is coming, it'll be great but don't ask us about it cos we aren't telling you. Sam gets frustrated (understandably sometimes) about people asking the same questions on the roadmap stream, well, if you half announce stuff it doesn't help. Personally, I would rather they announce stuff when they can tell us more. Does sound great though!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. junior hornet

This is interesting. They tell you not to spam questions in the stream but to put questions in the forums as DTG read them. They also apparently don’t like you tagging them in a post.

However, I have asked a perfectly reasonable question, one that Sam said they would answer in the stream but did not do so. However, my question has been totally ignored by DTG. What am I supposed to do to get an answer?

• Like Like x 1
  5. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

Call me thick but is this Rush Hour thing a whole new TSW2 format or just another package of routes?

6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

It's not something you need to switch off as such, it's not a feature. It describes an aspiration for busier timetables (which everyone is asking for), and busier platforms. If you don't like the busy times, just drive in off peak times.

• Like Like x 12
  7. junior hornet

Thanks Matt.

8. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

How have you managed to do that on a technical level. Because for example console version xbox one and ps4 already have a limited time table compared to PC like GWE and reduction of trains in platforms like Paddington. Is it a reduction in graphics or are more trains using portals. Or is it only in certain scenarios/time tabled services that get this feature.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Dlc pack

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Consoles handle the busy parts of the timetable in SEHS very well, at least my PS4 does. If the busy timetables in Rush Hour are like that, one train following another close behind, and another behind that, with only a couple of unique train types then the memory limitations of the consoles shouldn’t be an issue. Scenes of stations teaming with several different trains all moving on different tracks at the same time is unlikely to be how this rush hour thing will work. Consoles passengers will likely still be fewer than PC and rush hour will mean 10 passengers instead of 6 :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

A modest increase in passengers will be welcome, reflective of the time of day. But what I would like to see and hear is an actual rush hour, with more noise, public address voices, hustle and bustle, busy and animated parking lots and, of course, more trains arriving and departing. Seasonably dressed and diverse passengers would be better than simply greater numbers. And they should get on and off trains in a lifelike manner. I'm not, realistically, expecting much of what I've just described, so my main interest will be the new routes and driving the new and not so new trains.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

You can acess a better timetable on console by doing some thing secret and I’m on a one s, didn’t notice any increase in lag whatsoever

• Like Like x 2