Rip Gwr Trains

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by brfan#9132, May 8, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

2. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The IET/A-train/IEP/80- trains aren't being suspended. They are just being taken out of services whilst they check them. Some units are reportedly back out in the network.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe the fault has only been identified on the GWR units, the rest of the AT300s are only being checked over, assuming nothing else crops up they should return to service shortly. Not good timing though for the AT300s to start showing cracks (literally) or Northern's Civitys for that matter with the new timetables being introduced in the next few weeks.

5. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Every 8xx train was grounded, some have made it back into service

• Like Like x 1
  6. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

I voted yes because the seats in standard class are akin to a paving stone....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Also the ICE-Ts.

9. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

I worked on the IET (Azuma) project as an "ambassador" During the Virgin/LNER Launch. The Hitachi Class 80x Under TOPs are of superior quality to the now iconic HST and other stock they replaced. All stock has teething problems especially British made stock when it was rushed out.

The only quality issue with the IET/ Class 80x is the comfort quality that was specified by the Department for Transport that was very difficult to change due to the contact signed with Hitachi. The GWR sets are the DfT spec interior. First Group and Virgin where lucky when they asked to specify a change to the colour scheme on the interior. Even livery changes were and issue.

The upside to the tax payer is we are not paying for these failures, as the contact signed with the DfT means Hitachi must provide so many sets a day to meet service or face penalty charges. So I suspect the government are clapping their hands today and so should the British Tax payer.

I must point out I no longer work for LNER and it would be wrong of me to disclose why here and shed them in a bad light.