Other Issues With Hamburg - Lübeck

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Task, May 7, 2021.

1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

So first of all the route by itself looks very nice, good job there. I also really like you updated the signal colors and many of the signs.
    I still spotted some issues in the stream that should be fixed in my opinion so I'm posting them now so you have them a little earlier to fix them.

Low Entry Dostos
    Something you already said you won't fix but I still want to mention: I really dislike the decision to take the low entry Dostos instead of the high entry Dostos that are used on the route in reality. This is especially problematic because of two things:
    1. We could see in the stream that the passengers have problems to get into and out of the train because of the wrong door height. Matt even fell between the platform and the coach.
    2. It at least looks like the route didn't require much of vehicle work so the least you could have done would model those two new passenger cars.
    No New Rolling Stock
    The route don't really having a new experience rolling stock wise is a wasted opportunity. While the 112 is correct, you could have at least modeled a new freight loco like the 193 or the 152.

Passenger Information System
    • The line numbers (for example RB 81, RE 8) missing from the on train destination displays is a real bummer and I hope it gets fixed after release. This may even be my biggest problem with the route for now (as the two mentioned before can't be fixed anyway and I kind of accepted them).
    • The font on the 112 destination displays looks wrong, the one on the route art looks way more like In reality.
    • Platform numbers are missing from the platform departure boards. How can something like this happen?
    • Line numbers or at least service type (RB / RE) are missing from the platform departure boards, now there is only the service number on them. I don't want to have to guess what train it is every time as there aren't even the service types on there. But best would be the line numbers.

MRCE BR 182 is not Available on Other Routes

As far as we know the MRCE BR 182 is only available on RRO and HMA. It really is a shame that we get a new freight loco and it isn't really available for use on different routes.

BR 112 Substitution
    As far as I know after my research the BR 112 isn't used on freight services at all, please remove it from the "substitution pool" for freight locos. It also isn't really used on routes other than RRO on passenger services so best would be to remove it from there too but freight would be most important.

Wrong Pantograph Selection (on cab car run trains)
    Services running with the cab car in the front (so in the direction of Hamburg) have the wrong pants raised, it looks like it doesn't switch pantos when switching direction in Lübeck. But maybe it's just wrong when spawning in? This issue is also on routes like HRR, maybe even everywhere cab cars are used.

Destinations Setup in the Timetable
    So in the stream yesterday we saw a weird setup for the IC service in the direction of Lübeck: The displays showed "From Lübeck via Lübeck to Lübeck", correct would be "From Frankfurt via Hamburg to Lübeck", maybe even without "via Hamburg". I don't know whether the other IC service has the same problem, I really hope it shows "Frankfurt" as the destination on the platform and on the train.

Feel free to also post your issues in here when you have some.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The 500hz magnets seem conspicuous by their absence too.

Also, level crossings had their lights pointing the wrong way and some on the forum have said the lights on crossings should be a static red, not flashing yellows, but I don’t know too much about that to know.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. fce

fce New Member

The mileposts are on the wrong side of the track coming from Hamburg.

4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Strange no one else seems to have noticed that, am I going crazy?

AFB brakes well below the target speed if you use it for braking (going from a high to a low Vsoll - not for holding speed).

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You are not going crazy. I didn’t notice it while watching it at the time (because I was busy looking at other aspects of the route) but it is there in the video.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Wait, DTG is still using the "yellow flashing" crossing light from RSN?
    That is so wrong in so many ways. And DTG knows the right system (at least they used it for TS1)

And it is not like you can't find any videos about the closing procedure for german crossings:
    Railroad Crossing - Eltville (DE) - Bahnübergang Taunusstrasse - YouTube

7. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

Is it not still in finals for release? Like it is still being looked at for such errors?

8. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Not final since RT?
    Highly doubt it.
    These wrong crossing lights exist since the first german crossing made it into this game.
    :|

9. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

PZB is an absolute state too

10. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

How is the PZB and LZB indicators on the ES64? (182) do they work and light up? (Hopefully reports on Playstation) otherwise will be a no-go.
    Thank you.

EDIT: Talking about driving Dosto-112/143 combo. Those locos doesn't have auto selection of pantos so if you drive a dosto with a 112 or 143, then you should set up the panto in the loco first before heading to the cab car.

Last edited: May 13, 2021