Sceanrio Designer Creates Unnecessary Deviation From Main Route To Platforms That Are No Stops

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by darkman222, May 9, 2021.

1. darkman222

darkman222 Member

I created a scenario for Schnellfahrstrecke Köln, from Köln Platform 8 to Aachen. Which makes it possible to select stops on the route. I know if I chose the other Köln platforms to start from, I would not be able to select stops in between destinations. But I just wanted to have one stop in between, thats why I did so.
    As expected my service is deviated from the main route to the platform I chose to stop. But randomly I the service had to deviate two more times to platforms that were no stops in the schedule, which was totally unneccesary, as there is no other service than me in the scenario. It was not for being overtaken by another service either.

Edit: I was unnecessarily deviated at Horrem and Langerwehe.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I feel your pain- its really annoying. I pretend there’s a track defect on the mainline or something.

It would also be nice that if a stopping train does stop in the loop, the faster train behind would pass on the mainline.
    Unfortunately at the moment they just pull up alongside you on the mainline and wait for the stopping train to leave first.

I don’t expect the signaller to do this on its own but if there was a way we could manually script it in with a priority system. Maybe you could choose the maximum time you’d want a train to wait for another train before the signaller allocates your path. You could select to wait for a few minutes giving time for a faster train behind to pass.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah the planner is waaaaay off even being good at the limited stuff it can do, there’s no intuition with it whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  4. darkman222

darkman222 Member

I think I understand now whats going on. The point is, there is no other train in my scenario to overtake. Just makes no sense, but a possible explanation is:
    If my service starts at Köln 8 or 9 you can pick all the possible stops in between for your service. I just chose one platform to stop at and left the other ones unchecked. But I got send to all these platforms anyway. Even if I did not chose it as a stop in the schedule.

If I chose Köln 6 or 8 as start, it only shows a direct connection to Aachen, with no stops in between. Thats why you'd stay on the main track all the time.
    Sorry DTG that is just lazy.
    [​IMG] Screenshot 2021-05-09 15.05.23.png

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  5. a.paice

Yes that is exactly what’s going on- each path is pre-set and does not change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Exactly. Paths are predefined from A to B via C, D, E,... and there is no way to change it. Try using the ICE path, which is the direct route.

7. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Don't worry!
    It was added purely to put an extra feature in the game description across all stores where the game is sold.
    The response you will get from DTG on the matter is either:
    "We are not Microsoft!" which means DTG's resources are extremely limited, or
    "If it's not on the roadmap..."

Next to Mastery, it is a useless feature and it's far from the "Get creative" statement that they advertise it as.

"You are free to do what we tell you!"
    This is the kind of creativeness you get out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. darkman222

darkman222 Member

This is so sad to hear. Because the potential of TSW2 is huge. PZB, LZB work really good. Grapics are amazing. TS2021 feels like a hacked end-of-ife product compared to TSW. But TSW lacks the possibility to create a variety of interesting scenarios for the player.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As much as I agree, some routes and some combinations (fairly rare) can create scenarios worth playing. It is a big time-consumer, but there definitely are occasions where it works. It needs upgrades though...

10. a.paice

Absolutely, some really great scenes can be created with various trains passing each other. In fact it’s the mode I play on 95% of the time as I find the timetables lacking in trains and red signals.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

We need a path editor, or even better a path editor + like Zusi where you can choose the random chance of a diversion at diverging points.

• Like Like x 2