Wow What A Difference. Xbox One To Series X.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stevenwalker1985, Apr 30, 2021.

1. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I have been playing train sim world and tsw2 on xbox one for years till tuesday. I got a xbox series x and put on tsw2 on my 55 inch bad boy tele, lol. OMG i noticed a total difference in the graphics, more crisper for sure. So yeah am super happy now. And when the main update comes it may even be better.

• Like Like x 6
  2. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Im jealous you’ve managed to get one ;)

My Xbox one is starting to make strange noises, get extremely hot and act unpredictably. Does anyone have any experiences of Train sim world on a series S ?
    That console seems easier to get hold off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevenwalker1985

Good deal on ebay i got it from.
    My xbox one was starting to crash alot recently hence why i had to get a series x.

4. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Series S runs TSW 2 very smoothly as well, only at 1080p resolution because it doesn't have a 4K mode.

5. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It's fantastic on Series X- almost like a brand new game coming from basic Xbox 1.

Vastly improved loading times, better and smoother frame rates, and 4k textures

Highly recommended if you can luck into one- took me five months and happening to read an email from Gamestop promoting a bundle at the exact right time- and it still took literally 50 page refreshes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

The SSD helps as well for loading

• Like Like x 1
  7. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

Just needs a dedicated patch now for next gen

• Like Like x 2
  8. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

So here is my question...do I upgrade from one to s/x or do I go for a mid range gaming pc? I feel like pc offers so much more options because of mods....

9. bones.n.hombre

I’ve been genuinely having this discussion internally due to difficulty of getting a new Xbox or PS5

My main gripe is I find TSW is what I call a ‘sofa game’ and I wouldn’t want to be sitting at a desk to play.
    (I am well aware it’s possible to connect a pc to a tv, but I imagine it would be a ball ache)

10. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I switched to PC last year for ‘Sofa’ gaming. Apart from being noisy, which no doubt I could fix, the only other issue is the space it takes up (I recycled an old case and motherboard instead of buying a smaller one).

Generally I prefer the PC, I still have an XBOX controller attached + a Bluetooth keyboard. Very easy to set up.

Of course the major issue is the cost of repurchasing DLC. Which wasn’t a problem for me as I only used to play the Gamepass version on Xbox and already have TSW2 on my main PC.

11. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

My mid range gaming PC is hooked up to my 55" Sony tv and it's easy to connect to. Just use an HDMI port on the graphics card and you're good to go.
    I play TS2021 from my sofa whenever I feel like it as I have the gaming pc in my main room (it will be moved to another room once that room has been sorted out).

12. stevenwalker1985

Yes then it should be so much better and longer routes would be nice likes.

13. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Definitely great on series x, would be awesome to see an actual series x update

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This also applies to TSW 2020 provided you have it on game pass on Xbox One 2013 edition with or without an External Hard Drive your loading times range from 30 seconds all the way to 5 minutes. However, on Xbox Series X, it takes 30 seconds in some cases instantly due to the SSD & power installed on Xbox Series X. I do have gameplays on what TSW 2020 looks like on Series X First up is LIRR Train 750 NY Penn Station to Hempstead 19:30 departure 20:16 arrival

If you're recording on the Xbox Series X using the built-in console record function 2 minutes for 1080p but it's 10 minutes for 720p to which you can upload to one drive then use Microsoft movie maker to stitch the 10 minutes 720p clips into actual route gameplay. The Television I used to play series x is a 2007 Sony 42-50 inch HD TV.

15. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

holy speed much? lol

16. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Question....got an option to spend 900 on a really kick butt gaming pc...how much money would it cost me to repurchase my dlc on pc? Are prices lower on pc for it on steam?

17. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The prices are the same but PC (DTG and Steam) has a lot more sales than XBox or PS.

18. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

How long is it now before they drop XBox One and PS4 support? Two weeks ago they were reporting on streams that there was no "next gen" version in the works and suddenly it comes along, so it's surely a matter of time before my original XBox One and the PS4 are abandoned.It's not like I can afford a Series X or even S even if they were readily available.

19. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

It will probably be quite a while, and if anything you'll probably just miss out on layers.

20. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Theoretically, apart from the faster loading times and more consistent frame rates, the XBox Series X experience should be similar to that of the XBox One X. It's the same story for PS4 Pro and PS5: my experience of the latter is great performance but mediocre graphics. This summer should be joyful as Xbox Series X and PS5 owners will at last have a version of TSW 2 optimised for those systems.

21. CaptainSwing

CaptainSwing New Member

I swapped from a PS4 to a Series S. My PS4 kept crashing and a Series S was the best option. I was extremely impressed with how crisp the game looks on the Series S.

• Like Like x 2
  22. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Similar thing happened when I swapped from Xbox one to Xbox Series X, it almost looked like an entire graphics update especially with the 4K

• Like Like x 1
  23. bones.n.hombre

I don’t have a 4K tv, and yesterday managed to grab a series X.

The game looks much sharper, from the start, can’t wait to see when it’s fully optimised and I get a 4K tv.
    Loading times are about 10 times quicker.
    The smooth speed of the way the camera swoops around without any ‘juddering’ has blown my mind.

Very pleased.
    Roll on Rush Hour

• Like Like x 1