Getlink Tunnel In Train Simulator 2021

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tesnerfmonte, Apr 4, 2021.

1. tesnerfmonte

tesnerfmonte New Member

[EN]
    Line Proposal- The Tunnel Under Control

Hello, I tell myself that one day see the tunnel of GetLink from Paris Gare du Nord to London st Pancras create by DTG and add a Route Addon to be able to go to Calais.
    At the level of the trains, be able to ride with the old TGV TMST (e300, max speed in the tunnel is 160 km/h max ), the New ICE Velaro D (e320, max speed in the tunnel is 160 km/h max) and the shuttles (max speed in the tunnel is 140 km/h max) sold separately with the addon line.

[FR]

Proposition de ligne- Le tunnel sous la manche

Bonjour, je me dis que voir un jour le tunnel de GetLink de Paris gare du Nord jusqu’à London st Pancras créer par DTG et ajouter une Route Addon pour pouvoir aller à Calais.
    Au niveau des trains, pouvoir rouler avec l'ancien TGV TMST (e300, vitesse max dans le tunnel est de 160 km/h max ), les New ICE Velaro D (e320, vitesse max dans le tunnel est de 160 km/h max) et les navettes (vitesse max dans le tunnel est de 140 km/h max) vendu séparément avec la ligne addon.

[ES]
    Propuesta de línea- El túnel bajo el canal

Hola, me digo a mí mismo que ver un día el túnel de GetLink de París Gare du Nord hasta London St Pancras crear por DTG y añadir una Route Addon para poder ir a Calais.
    A nivel de los trenes, poder rodar con el antiguo TGV TMST (E300, velocidad máxima en el túnel es de 160 km/h máx ), los New ICE Velaro D (E320, velocidad máx en el túnel es de 160 km/h máx) y los transbordadores (velocidad máx en el túnel es de 140 km/h máx) se vende por separado con la línea addon.

[DE]

Vorschlag für eine Strecke- Der Ärmelkanaltunnel

Hallo, ich denke, eines Tages den GetLink-Tunnel von Paris Gare du Nord bis nach London st Pancras zu sehen und eine Addon-Route hinzuzufügen, um nach Calais zu gelangen.
    Auf Zugebene können Sie mit dem alten TGV TMST (e300, max. Geschwindigkeit im Tunnel beträgt 160 km/h max), den New ICE Velaro D (e320, max. Geschwindigkeit im Tunnel 160 km/h max) und den Shuttles (max. Geschwindigkeit im Tunnel 140 km/h max) fahren Wird separat mit der Addon-Linie verkauft.

[IT]
    Proposta di linea- Il tunnel sotto la manica

Ciao, ho pensato che un giorno vedere il tunnel di Getlink da Paris Gare du Nord a London st Pancras creato da DTG e aggiungere una Strada Addon per poter andare a Calais.
    A livello dei treni, potere viaggiare con il vecchio TGV TMST (E300, velocità max nel tunnel è di 160 km/h max ), i New ICE Velaro D (E320, velocità max nel tunnel è di 160 km/h max) e le navette (velocità max nel tunnel è di 140 km/h max) venduto separatamente con la linea addon.

Thanks you, Charlie alis Tesnerfmonte

2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The Channel Tunnel. If you want a route to join you have two options high speed one United Kingdom ebbsfleet to Folkestone and LGV Nord Paris Gare Du Nord Calais. End to Distance from London St Pancras to Paris is 305 miles that is if a Community member were to emerge Channel tunnel with high-speed one and LGV Nord. Duration is 2hr 15 minutes

3. tesnerfmonte

tesnerfmonte New Member

and it's perfect

4. dcr raptor

dcr raptor Member

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thanks for telling me about it and for the group they need to do HS1 Ebbsfleet to Ashford International while the French side needs a connection to Paris that will be LGV Nord Paris Lille. When completed it will be London to Paris via the channel tunnel 30 mi 47-48 kms. Still shorter by 3 miles 5 km 33 mi 53 kms proposed Union Workshop route Seikan Tunnel Hokkaido Shinkansen Hakodate Aomari. Also a proposed Gotthard Base Tunnel 35 miles 57 km dlc. If made St Pancras to Paris Gare Du Nord is 2hr 15 trip 2hr 30 via Ashford

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Honestly, this would be a pretty crap route. 30 miles of tunnel with two stations? How about no?
    This project has been dead for ages due to licensing issues. It is pretty much impossible to license the Channel Tunnel.

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Can't say driving through a tunnel for 30 miles is extremely engaging. Even at high speed, that's still several minutes and you're better off going to get a coffee or glass of water or something, which is not ideal for gameplay.

8. Doomotron

People complained about HS1, which is a relatively long tunnel travelling at 140mph. Now imagine travelling a 100mph, seeing absolutely nothing, for 35 entire, real-time minutes...

9. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

btw license is also required for the Eurostar trains

10. Cyclone

That was a fairly short tunnel going at speed, maybe at most five minutes for the video I watched in each of the segments on the St. Pancras.or Faversham or whatever route that was. The major problem about this idea, though, isn't the tunnel itself; it's the fact that this is all it is, and two stations. Just build it for the Workshop and connect the two routes if you really want to (assuming the other half gets created). I don't know what purpose this would have since there is no straight-through service, but if that's your boat, float it.

11. slenderman7676RBLX

slenderman7676RBLX Member

I would love to see a Waterloo route set in the 90s pre HS1 when the 373s ran on the third rail between Dollands Moor and Waterloo. Or that period where the first part of HS1 was built and trains switched between OHLE and 3rd rail at Fawkham Junction.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doomotron

DTG could probably sneak the 373 in without getting a Eurostar license by putting it in GNER livery (and what a spectacular combination that was!).

• Like Like x 1
  13. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

From what I've seen on these forums, a 373 overall is unlikely due to one needing to get a Eurostar license for the 373 body itself. I dunno how that works, but hey, it is what it is.

14. Cyclone

In general, it involves an agreement to sell merchandise bearing the company's trademarks, which are owned by the companies entering into the agreement. The loss of certain DLC is because the company entering into the license ceases to exist, and DTG out of an abundance of caution is thus instead dropping the DLC with that trademark where applicable. DTG in fact pays for the privilege (not necessarily a right) to use the logo as it sees fit, within reason of accuracy. For instance, they can't just slap a First Great Western on an engine traveling in Canada. (We can, but they can't. It's silly, mind.)

Now, I continue to say the negotiations were poor on DTG's part for DLC that was retired. They never included a clause that any products already completed can continue to be sold by the developer. Had they done this, agreeing not to continue usage for new products, we might not have lost North Wales Coastal. Or the Arriva 158 (from Steam, anyway). Or the CrossCountry 220 (which is replaced by the JT Voyager anyway, same skin is among the set). Or the Virgin Pendolino, still twisting along the WCML. And BNSf products that continue to be sold might not have been limited to an American audience only. Maybe this is something I'm not understanding, but I think such a clause could have shielded DTG for products already produced. The Welsh Marches incident, I feel, is likely to keep BMG out of Steam in the future, something hinted at by their debranding EVERYTHING in Welsh Marches except their own livery. As such, I'm glad I got the branded version of the route now.

15. slenderman7676RBLX

slenderman7676RBLX Member

How about if DTG instead made the 373 and put it into the SNCF livery with the grey front? SNCF did use a few 373s since they are in essence a TGV built to a narrower loading gauge and it is reffered to as the TGV TMST. DTG should have no problems with the SNCF licence since they already made TGVs and still have them up.
    Here is an image of one of the SNCF 373s
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cyclone

Nice picture. That is an interesting look on the front engine side.

17. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

Whoever said that the 373 body is trademarked by eurostar is probably talking out their rear.

18. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Probably not the first time, probably not the last.

19. Doomotron

If anybody owns the rights to the body, it'll probably be Alstom.

20. oscarmuskdahan

oscarmuskdahan New Member

Maybe, what they could do is that they could do the HS1 bit from london to the channel tunnel and then they could teleport you to the lgv nord and you can continue your route to Paris.

21. Cyclone

First of all, no. That would ruin the immersion to teleport across the map. Second, the game isn't designed to do that for player trains. Third, take away the tunnel and the route is even less useful for play.

22. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Active Member

I don't know about the French side of the route, but there are three stations between St. Pancras and the Chunnel itself (Stratford International, Ebbsfleet International and Ashford International), not to mention Dollands Moor Yard for freight services and the Le Shuttle "station" (more akin to a ferry port) near Folkestone. It's potentially an interesting route if the full range of services are covered.

That said, the very quickest trains take approx 2.5 hrs to cover the distance of just shy of 300 miles, so I feel it is more than likely too long for any commercial developer to commit to, both in terms of development time and the potential for system instability that such a large route could invite.

23. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

I'd get behind that.

It would be so busy you wouldn't need the tunnel or France. End the scenario once hitting the tunnel portal at speed or even having a rolling start out of the tunnel.

Two ideas:

1. Entirely 1990s and do:
    - Waterloo to Dollands Moor entirely via classic line.
    - Stewarts Lane to North Pole
    - Ashford to Clapham Junction via Redhill

Include Class 373, Class 92 and Class 411.
    Scenarios to include freight via Redhill and maybe what if scenario where the Eurostar is diverted via Redhill or had to go to Kensington Olympia when Waterloo is out of action (both planned for but never happened).

2. Mixed era.
    - Full HS1 to St Pancras
    - Full Classic to Waterloo
    - Link between two at Fawkham Junction.

- Class 373, Class 92, Class 411.

All 373 liveries to be unbranded or fictional.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

I suspect a shortened tunnel that only takes 5 or 10 mins would be fine.

If people are whinging that it needs to be full length then that lessens the argument that nobody would play it if it was full length.

25. Tazz71go

Tazz71go Member

this route will come out, but not thanks to our friends from DVG. They are bound by commercial obligations that the "artisan" user is not required to respect, because he does not produce for profit but only as a fan. So let's go back to the project: it exists, it is tangible, I participated in it with a couple of buildings, look for it on the French forum and you will see some screen shots to make you lick your ears Those who tell me that driving in a tunnel is boring, leave the simulation and yes stick to simutrains. The simulation is precisely to simulate, to recreate the exact conditions found by those who do it for real. And I can already imagine the train driver of the TGV Paris London who says to his boss: it's no this shift I don't do it because driving so many minutes inside a tunnel is boring ... maybe you think that the aerial simulation allows you to skip all the procedures of check list and put yourself directly at the controls of a 737? if so, IT IS NOT SIMULATION, it is a video game. Anyway you have the internet, it's easy: the tunnel is 50 km, you travel for its total length at 160 km / h, a train that travels at that speed without slowing down, travels 50 km in 18.25 minutes. In the comments I read 30 minutes, 35 minutes, let's be serious at least

Attached Files:

• Chrl.jpg
      Chrl.jpg
      File size:
      183.5 KB
      Views:
  26. Cyclone

That's fine. And in a real life setting, you would be doing it as a paid job. In the aspect of a simulation, there is just very little scenario potential and thus there would not be a huge draw to make scenarios for it. That's what people are trying to say. But clearly it exists, and I may take a look at some point, as may others, and that's fine. :cool:

27. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you had travelled thru the tunnel you would know that is incorrect.
    Your figures assume a clear run and the train is passing both ends at 160kmh which does not happen
    There are also Shuttle Trains and Freight services on the same line which are not going faster that 125kph/70mph - you can only go as fast as the train in front of you.

I have travelled thru the tunnel over thirty times since it opened and with a clear run you can see a time of 19min 30sec - never faster.
    On a slow day the transit was 26seconds plus.

I don't see the route as just being Folkestone to Calais - the original proposal was Ashford to Lille Europe.

I hope the Class 373 is made by some developers as the train is/was seen on may routes away from the Chunnel
    00-06-28-Eurostar_3302_York.jpg
    Peter

• Like Like x 1
  28. Doomotron

That would have been an interesting journey - I am dumb, which is probably why I have no friends.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  29. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What a strange remark - it is not like you would use a TS route to travel on.
    The original route was Ashford High Speed with stations at Ashford, Calais and Lille Europe