Sw1000r Back Again?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cookiemonster1983, May 10, 2021.

1. cookiemonster1983

cookiemonster1983 Member

Now that Rush Hour has been announced and features the NEC, what are the chances/possibilities that DTG will convert the Amtrak SW1000R switcher and cab car DLC as part of the preserved collection?
    I know that the original NEC isn't able to be updated for various reasons but will those same reasons also stop this add on being re-added?
    I quite enjoyed it originally and have only kept the original TSW on my hard drive so i can still use this DLC.

2. bsrdj

bsrdj Member

I do enjoy the NEC and do play it often like SW100r switcher. hope they bring it over to the new NEC later this summer?

3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I think they can re-use the 3D model, but would need to redo the logic layer that makes it behave and sound like a loco.

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I don't know if Amtrak even uses Switchers at the Southampton Yard though, what I can see through Google Maps and other places online, there isn't any sign of them in the yard. The only things I see are the Acela, ACS-64's, P42's and NPCU #406.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Right. The SW1000Rs are only used in Washington, D.C. and LA.

6. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well while I was searching to see if was any switchers at that yard in modern days, I stumble across Amtrak's 5-year asset plan. From it did list out the passenger equipment roster (both coaches and locos), and maintenance facility locations (amongst other things in there). And from facility list (pg. 28), not only Amfleets, ACS-64s, and P42s (to name a few) that serviced in the yard, but also discovered an 'MP-15' is on that list as well:
    Capture.PNG
    Not sure if this is accurate, since it would depend on how modern is the Providence Line's gonna be (since DTGs term of modern is '2011+' in the code. But I know the City Sprinters are included, so at least 2017+ is my guess).
    But as Anthony said, there were no SW1001Rs operating in Boston, nor ever operated in New York. So, it's not possible to bring it back to life, unfortunately.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  7. cookiemonster1983

cookiemonster1983 Member

Darn it!
    I can but dream!
    Thank you all for the responses, very informative as always :)

8. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Yeah but I do see MP15 on that list........