Anyone Get Stuck Finding The Last Collectable?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cloudyskies21, May 10, 2021.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I've never really bothered to look for these (maps etc) but if I come across one I will place/fix it. So, I finally decided to find all collectables on East Coastway last weekend.

But, now I've got one missing bicycle station to find (currently found 49/50 collectables) and that's it... except I cannot find it!

My question to you all, have you for any of the routes struggled to find the last one, two or three to complete?

2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yep. You might want to take a look at this guide.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Yep, they need to improve the map and maybe indicate like rdr2 a general vicinity for collectibles which can be turned on or off to protect the hardcore searchers vs the casuals

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Yes, it is always hard ofr ordinary people. Just keep trying and finally you will find it.

5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

How do people chase collectible, do you drive a route, sod the time table and stop at every station? I’ve heard of some collectibles between stations, are you running the line at 10mph looking?

• Like Like x 1
  6. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I'm tired of collecting collectables and use SAM instead

7. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Collectables are a good idea to explore routes as they are placed at some locations which are not always accesible during regular gamrplay. But I sometimes get also tired of them specially in the cases where they change scenery in a noticeable way (like route maps, fences or lamps). Having to track 100 items just for enabling all scenery assets in route turns a bit no sense sometimes. I would prefer them to be optional so that you could just decide un unveal all in settings and have a 100% complete route or leave them hidden if you prefer the hunting like now. Or just have smaller amount of collectables at some very specific locations, like easter eggs so to speak.

Cheers

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

It takes a few different tactics really. Easy collectables like maps can be found with the free roam camera during passenger loading times at stations, and I normally note these down and come back when spawning on foot. However for things like fences using scenario planner is good - I used a Class 66 between Brighton and Lewes on here to do this at a good slow speed.

Another tip I've noticed is that there are always hints (for the most part) in which collectables outside stations are located. For example, between the long stretch of line between Lewes and Polegate on East Coastway, if you see any small structures or level crossings, it's a good chance you might find something to fix.

9. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I use Scenario Designer and the Steam Guides, Scenario Designer is a nice thing for collecting.You don't have to stick to any timetable and can use your favorite Train. So you can also push your statistics up at the same time, for Achivements "Drive any train .... kilometers / miles.

• Like Like x 1