Lirr: Looking Forward To The Updates!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Turbojugend, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I haven't touched this route since TSW2020, stayed away on TSW2 because of frame rate issues and other hiccups. In any case, I decided to fire it up again and it is a really nice route. Seems like there's quite a bit of diversity as far as TSW passenger routes go. The best thing is that when you check out the roadmap, LIRR seems to be getting more attention than any other route in the Preserved Collection, which (presumably) means it will be even better.

Anyone else a fan of LIRR and looking forward to the improvements? Are there any fixes in particular you are looking forward to?

• Like Like x 7
  2. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I've always liked it, but have stayed away a little since TSW2 due to the audio issues.

Audio fixes are the part I'm most looking forward to. Any FPS improvements would be nice also, as the frame rate drops quite dramatically around New York Penn.

Many of the other fixes listed are also most welcome, and I'm looking forward to seeing the full list when the patch notes come out.

This should be an awesome update :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it seems we will have to wait a little longer for these fixes to arrive, they're not included in today's update.

I personally have been anticipating this update since the end of February, so it does surprise me a bit that we're still waiting on it. I am really looking forward to the updated skies, improved track rendering, the PIS boards, and the fixed M7 sounds. These were some of my biggest pet peeves, and seeing these addressed and fixed will hopefully breathe some new life into this route. Fingers crossed, maybe it'll come out with the next round of updates :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

you'll have to wait a bit longer then

5. Turbojugend

Yeah, the latest roadmap says it's close to release but is held up in a testing queue. Sounds like it won't be much longer though!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

you guys should check out the removed from roadmap section

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

it’s been consolidated :cool: Edit : as per below :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Turbojugend

They moved all of the individual LIRR updates into a single update. No LIRR updates have been removed from the roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m definitely looking forward to this release. I just hope we get it before the rapture takes place.

10. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I have held off playing LIRR for a few weeks knowing the improvements are coming. Bit disappointing they didn’t come out today. I was led to believe that it improvements to US routes come out when a US route is releasing the same week. Unless I misunderstood that

• Like Like x 2
  11. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to playing it again in TSW2. I am hoping sounds are much better (rain and air conditioning sounds drown out other sounds).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Yes I like the LIRR as it's my favorite route. I haven't touch the route all that much in TSW 2 as I am waiting for the improvements to come whenever that will be. I think it was my second most played route back in TSW 1 days right behind NEC.

13. Turbojugend

Well, the LIRR update is here and I'm wondering what everyone's impressions are. I only got to play for 5-10 minutes this morning, but I did seem to notice a slightly smoother frame rate (PS4 Pro, 4K disabled). Nowhere close to the 60fps of IoW, but better.

14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well the pis for the lirr in the game is incorrect which is a surprise since they had to redevelop the pis specifically for that route since the system is different to the british and german routes in the game

15. lordragnarr

lordragnarr New Member

Will we ever get Any MORE, of the long Island RR route..?? Mabry even connecting NYCSubway lines, from Manhattan, and of course including Grand Central Station to connect to the-LIRR

16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

No none of those things will happen. We could get additional bug fixes and more services in the future though

17. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I doubt we get future service. The fact that Rapid Transit(finally also upgraded) increased more services now to 302 while LIRR still stuck at lousy 181 services with big service gaps on few services(mixed with MORE bugs after update) makes me think DTG caters more to German content than ever..I HATE to think that way but I'm sorry...and don't get me started with the PIS system, copy and pasting the SEHS way smfh

• Like Like x 2
  18. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Fps at Penn Station improved a lot, but the route is still affected by countless hiccups, framerate drops and micro-freezing. I gave up on LIRR since it came to TSW2 and this update didn't change my mind.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Turbojugend

I'm seeing quite a few quality of life improvements thus far. The PIS addition is neat, and with the timetable adjustments I'm no longer running 3-4 minutes behind on every service. :D

Oh, and the TSW2 sky upgrade. So much better.

20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Have there been timetable improvements?

21. Turbojugend

It seems like it, I'm no longer running behind schedule but maybe I've just improved.

Oh, and does anyone know if I can still unlock the LIRR Mastery Challenges in 2020 and have them in TSW2?

22. MrbKlegend89

Let's jus say some fixes were improved but now even more issues on the dlc..they need to increase timetables cuz this is not "the busiest US railroad" as this game said it be smfh

• Like Like x 2
  23. MrbKlegend89

I do like they improved the services that used the wrong tunnel(leaving Penn Station going express to Hicksville)...and the trains from Henpstead to NYP are ACTUALLY using the express tracks after Jamaica

• Like Like x 1
  24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

OTOH, the Port Washington trains at Penn Station bizarrely wind up across a switch, with the front of the train on the right side and the back half on the left side of the platform.

25. Dam

Dam New Member

Although there are some welcome improvements, overall the route still needs work. The audio is still wrong and the destination boards still don't work on the M7s. Glad to see some of the speed limits/signal placements have been updated though.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, because now we're running 10 minutes behind schedule thanks to the ATC which got even buggier than it was before...

• Like Like x 1
  27. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

I also like this route. It's bigger than many other TSW routes.