Game Crashed And Lost All Custom Liveries

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jcgxjx, Mar 20, 2021.

1. jcgxjx

jcgxjx New Member

So i spent the last few days making alot of custom liveries. During the making process, the game would crash, but i always made sure to save progress so i wouldnt lose any livery i was working on. Then i was on the Livery Editor screen and the game crashed again. However, this time it deleted all my saved custom livery trains i spent hours working on. I had almost 30 custom ones that are now gone. I figured there is no way to recover my liveries, but does anyone else have this happen to them where it all gets deleted?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Q: Have you saved any ‘application saved data’ recently for TSW 2 *after* creating all of your liveries (saved to a standalone usb stick or saved to the cloud if you have a PS Plus membership)? If so, you could try restoring your TSW 2 application saved data with all of your liveries back to your PS4... not really sure the livery work is actually saved to the TSW 2 app saved data files, but it might be worth a try. Good luck getting your files (and all of your hard work) back... please post another text to this thread on your results (good or bad).

Also- how often does TSW 2 crash on your system- how many times per day or week? And do you have any other games that crash on your PS4, or does it seem to be an issue only with TSW 2?

3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, more than likely am, but if I remember correctly I think there are separate data files to the game data for liveries and scenarios. Also there was a known bug that deleted them but they said they were safe and would return once bug fixed. Not sure if bug fixed, of not it could be that.

4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is a known issue across all platforms and not just PlayStation

5. Stockton Rails

...good info, thanks for the reply. Wonder if anyone else here can confirm that the livery and scenario files are separate from the applic saved data files? I’ll do a forum search here shortly and see what I can find out... will update the thread once I’m done. I also wonder what (if anything) DTG is doing to resolve this issue- especially given that it affects all platforms? Any issue with TSW 2, or any of their train sims, that appears to delete files containing work that players have spent many hours/days working on would be pretty high-priority on my list of things to fix. Wonder what priority DTG has assigned to this issue, and when this issue will finally be resolved?

(DTG- Does anyone on your side care to respond to this issue and some of the questions I’ve listed in this post? Have you looked into this issue? If so, what are your findings so far? Are we close to resolution on this? If so, how close are you to rolling out a fix?)

• Like Like x 1
  6. jcgxjx

jcgxjx New Member

No, unfortuantly i did not save the files to a USB or anything else that I can recover them from. I honestly should have done that because i knew about the bug, but nothing like this ever happened to me before. Ive been playing TWS2 for a few months now, never had any crash issued until recently when i started making custom liveries.

As far as how much the game crashed, it depends. One day i was playing for 5 hours or so and it only crashed twice in the 5 hours. But another day i was playing 3 hours and it crashed 5-6 times. There doesnt seem to be any reason for the crash as it does it randomly. But when i lost all my liveries that was the first time for that. Usually after a random crash i would reload the game and all my saved stuff was still there.

7. Stockton Rails

To anyone at DTG that cares to respond-

Not sure any of you have seen this thread or my note to you above... so here’s another chance for someone on your side to fill us all in on what (if anything) you guys plan on doing about this issue. As I’ve stated in other threads in the forums about this problem, you guys need to step up to the plate and take ownership of this issue... the problem clearly lies in your court, and your paying customers are clearly affected by it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

No, they don't care. In fact, they cheer in the DTG offices whenever people lose their custom liveries. "10 points!" shouts Matt, as Natalie and Sam drink a celebratory pint.

I'm joking; obviously they care about the issue, but it isn't an issue that's widespread or major enough for it to be put at the top of their to-do list. They certainly don't need a press release about it as you seem to be suggesting...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stockton Rails

...wow- you try putting in all of the effort that some of these people have put into this work, and then lose it all, then let me know how you feel. Pretty nervy to write your post and diminish the importance of this... try telling the folks that have been impacted that this is not an important issue. Think about it- from their perspective.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

IMO he gave a pretty objective view on how DTG likely see the issue, and didn’t diminish it at all.

DTG do indeed have a long list of things to fix that effect more than a handful of people, it comes down to priority, unfortunately it’s the way it’s got to be.

It does suck to lose something you put time and energy into, but that’s why I back up my saves to the PS cloud, it’s a known issue and as it stands that’s one of the only ways to circumvent the issue, until a fix is released.

• Like Like x 2
  11. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

DTG really seem to need to Re-Trench their software departments and put more people onto bug fixing, what they have already sold us, less on bringing out more new modules. Although of course from their perspective, bug fixing does not bring them more money, but new modules do.