Rapid Transit: Where Did The Full Services (full Line) Go In The New Timetable?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, May 12, 2021.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Could be me, but in the new updated timetable I can't find any services that run from end to end, as the old timetable had. Am I overlooking something?

• Like Like x 2
  2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I guess it must be realistic with the stock they have available but I miss doing the full runs.

You can however make some good full runs in the scenario planner now as they have opened almost every platform at every station to be used.

3. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

I thought that it would be different train formations, that you could choose between with "Q" in the menu and every formation (3/6 cars) offers different services (same with LIRR or Class 465 on SEHS). But it's not working for me.

4. mc_pater

mc_pater New Member

I believe only the br 182 runs this service. The talent 2 runs services from the Leipzig area to Bitterfeld and the br 143 runs from Bitterfeld to Dessau. The timetable surely is an improvement, but for people without the br 143 and 182, they can't run the full line in the new timetable...

• Like Like x 1
  5. mc_pater

mc_pater New Member

Unfortunately the scenario planner is bugged when going from Petersoda to Bitterfeld. The path takes the wrong track to Bitterfeld station.

6. a.paice

Is that where it goes over the flyover both ways?

7. mc_pater

mc_pater New Member

Yup, when going from Petersoda to Bitterfeld it takes the flyover instead of the right-hand side track.

8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I did check, but no, the Talent 2 offers no different liveries/train formations.

I don't find scenario planner a good replacement for the lack of a good timetable (although I guess there's still the old timetable). Biggest downside of scenario planner, IMO, is that it takes too long to set up some AI traffic.

If only TSW had good old Quick Drive mode...

I don't have the 182 indeed. I'm lucky to have the 143 for a bit of variety, but since the 143 services and the Talent 2 services don't seem to run on the same section, I don't see how this timetable is supposed to give me an increase in traffic. Yes there are more services, but they're notably shorter.

And if one were to buy Rapid Transit without any other DLC, I'd say this new timetable is terribly. Why create a route DLC from point A to point B with 1 type of train, if that type of train doesn't run the whole route from A to B?

Looks to me I'd be better off with the old timetable. I don't see how the new one is an improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. a.paice

It’s kinda cool though to have to slow down and maybe even wait for another train to use the bridge.
    It might not be realistic but I pretend there is some engineering going on on the lower section.

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

At the time RT was released, the 1442 did run the full length. And the new version is a huge improvement in value over the old one, precisely because it can take advantage of layering from other routes; previously in RT you had the Talent 2 and nothing else, no matter what German DLC you owned

• Like Like x 3
  12. a.paice

It pains me to say it as I appreciate the amount of time they put in to the update but you are right the timetable is not really an improvement.

I’m not impressed by the number of services if they are all identical copies of each other at a different time. I’d rather have fewer services with more interest like depot runs and full line runs.

Layers really bring the other German routes alive but the layers might as well not exist since you never see the other trains unless you own the BR182.

• Like Like x 2
  13. solicitr

That's the nature of commuter and regional rail. Same thing, multiple times a day. That's how it works.

I do regret the lack of depot movements; but considering how much DTG gets beat up over "realism," should they then have included end-to-end services that don't exist in real life?

14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

But the same could've been achieved improving a timetable that's based upon a time back when the 1442 still ran the full length, couldn't it?

While I believe the new timetable might be nice for those of us who own the right DLC for layering, Rapid Transit as stand alone route DLC offers either the old timetable with few traffic, or the new timetable which only uses a small section of the line. It's not a DLC I'd recommend to anyone new to the hobby. Wasn't the whole point of the perservation to keep DLC interesting, not only for long term players, but also to new players?

I don't understand why they chose to base their timetable on a year when the 1442 didn't ran the whole line anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well, that's basically how most passenger routes operate, and not really a problem IMO. I'd appreciate seeing a tad more traffic though.

It sound like the BR182 is pretty much required to make the new RT timetable interesting. Without it, it's plain, not a lot of traffic, and only uses small sections of the route.

16. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

TBH I'm very happy with the new timetable and route improvements. My only problem is there are still some annoying bugs, but the DLC as a whole is much better.

• Like Like x 3
  17. minghao#7840

minghao#7840 New Member

Actually, after December 2017, S2 which previously run the whole modeled section later have a new terminus at Leipzig Stotteriz and separates the current route at Leipzig MDR, where it is ended in the new TT. However, one thing disappoints me is that they don't allow a S2 line substitution by Talent 2 where in reality most of S2 services are carried out nowadays. Also, BR182 + Dosto is kind of rare in S-bahn services in 2021.

18. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Complaining about the DLC requirements of the new timetable is pretty unneccesary as long as the old timetable is available... And if this new timetable with 1442 only going to Messe is prototypical, maybe the route should be sold as a bundle togethter with the Taurus+dostos (for TSW2).

• Like Like x 4
  19. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

E
    Exactly. The old timetable is still available if you want to play it. It was not replaced. And on the topic of the 182, we should remember that it’s value will diminish greatly tomorrow, and that putting a bit more services into the pack is kinda important to keep it relevant.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

RT and the 182 are quite old (RT was the second DLC IIRC). I'm sure you will get a nice discount for both of them the next time there is a sale.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  21. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yeah, picked them up myself only late last year (the last German DLC missing from my collection), and back then the discounts were already quite good. I personally feel the new timetable is a very good improvement (I do own the 182, keep that in mind), maybe not everything we might have wanted was added to that timetable (like freight, IC and RE services), but it's still an improvement. A lot of things, from shiny catenary poles, people crossing tracks and an overall dead feeling (which all bugged me a lot), have been solved. The LZB is very buggy on the 182 and the route, but still better than nothing, and the sounds on the Talent 2 are really silent in the cab, but those are my two main issues remaining.

The preserved collection team had to learn a lot of things for this route, and set themselves high goals, most of which have been achieved in my opinion. It's still not a flawless route, and far from the best one out there, but a lot better than it was, and all that for free. I understand that for a lot of things the preserved collection crew just doesn't have the experience needed to get everything perfectly right yet (who does on their first try?), but with that in mind, I really appreciate their work.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  22. solicitr

No German route is going to be especially interesting as a standalone. Traffic comes from layers- which previously RT didn't even have. Now it does.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear my posts are seen as complaining. Having watched the live stream I was looking forward to a new timetable with improved traffic, as they described it. It's a bit of a dissapointment in that regard, even though I have lost nothing.

Firstly, that's not an answer to my question.

Secondly, I'd say Ruhr Sieg Nord and Main Spessart Bahn do offer a pretty nice timetable without any additional content required.

• Like Like x 3