Suggestion: More Metro/tram Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fm13, May 12, 2021.

1. Fm13

Fm13 New Member

It would be nice to see some more local tram or metro routes in addition to the Underground Bakerloo line. There are many routes that have beautiful city scenery, whether it be the BART metro system in California or the above ground urban Chicago L train system, or even some local European metros/tram systems in Austria, Germany, Poland, etc. It would bring great diversity to the already big collection of longer distance intercity routes available. These routes would also be great if you ever decide to integrate the Rush Hour feature to more routes than already planned.

• Like Like x 4
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Blackpool has been requested a few times, including by myself.
    There is also the famous Kusttram which runs along the Belgian Coast.

Sometimes I do think DTG have become fixated on the dogma of 40 mile heavy rail routes and don’t consider the other possibilities that could provide an entertaining driving experience.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

London Overground and NYC Subway would be cool dlc ideas in my opinion

• Like Like x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The Metropolitan transit authority New York State NYC subway system should work and some of the routes do need Thameslink style ATO operation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I've always thought TSW is well suited to shorter metro routes that usually only have a few train types operating.
    Perhaps DTG should do a spin-off metro simulator based on TSW but dedicated to metro style routes, like world of subways.
    I.e. light rail transport systems like more London Underground, NYC Subway, Paris Metro, Berlin U-bahn etc. Even trams.

• Like Like x 3