Hamburg -lubeck - Lzb Ende Impossible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ravi, May 13, 2021.

1. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I was driving the 112 in Hamburg - Lubecke and there is a LZB section in the middle and of course, it ends. I tried pressing the PZB release and PZB acknowledge but they don't really work in releasing it. So my train just stops and sits there when I am frantically pressing LZB End. This is a problem I noticed in BR 182 after the update yesterday when driving in HMA. But looks like it was just foreshadowing for this release. Does anybody else run into the same problem?

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Does HHL has an LZB section?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I didn't think so either. I am suspecting its a bug. It just randomly turned on and tried to turn off. It wouldn't accept the PZB Release and went into a Befehl 40 state. I have never seen this before.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

upload_2021-5-13_22-6-3.png
    It shouldn't have

• Like Like x 2
  5. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Uhm, besides that, where would you turn on the LZB in the 112?

6. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I use the ctrl + enter shortcut in the cab to turn on safety systems. it turns on LZB if available.

7. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Look up, above your windshield. ;)

8. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Speaking of LZB on 112, do you have any idea how to learn the current authorised speed?
    I'm now driving it on SKA, LZB kicked in as expected, but the speedometer bug still indicates the AFB position, so outside of HUD I do not know how to find out the current speed limit.

My display is also blank so I don't know what is the next limit (although the distance meter indicates > 9900 m, so perhaps that's why?).

(It would be so much easier if these things were coming with a proper manual...)

9. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I guess I will turn off the LZB for now and create a ticket. Its annoying that this happened. I was almost to my stop and the loco wouldn't start back up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Let me know if you can release the LZB when it ends.

11. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Either I miss something important, or it is really bugged. I got a braking command due to speed limit being down to 80, but it was not displayed anywhere. So I only got the G lamp telling me to brake, I got the distance meter telling me where is the new limit, but if I did not look out of the window to the signal, I'd have no clue how much the limit was. So either LZB works somehow very differently here and something needs to be manually activated, or it's bugged.

upload_2021-5-13_22-42-19.png

I can confirm that LZB Ende confirmation worked for me on SKA.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Nope :) It turns on LZB always, even if unavailable (the message on the screen). You can check eg Main Spessart Bahn with BR 182.
    If there is an LZB section (HHL), B/U should illuminate, also on the HUD.

PS Are you sure the problem is with LZB Ende? I know you aren't making it up for a joke, but it sounds unbelievable. I watched Matt's stream, his run 112 - LZB is nowhere to be found.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Ravi, maybe this is more about this issue: link?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2021
  14. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

No, that is not the issue. It was LZB there for a second and then it ended. Refused to release LZB after multiple PZB releases. it was so abrupt and it happened around 3 kms from Bad Olesloe driving from Hamburg. Let me see if I can trigger it again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

No, I meant if its available in the loco. There are some that don't have LZB. I believe 146 doesnt have it and so does the Dostos driving cab.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ashleigh.turner.gaming

ashleigh.turner.gaming New Member

I was just driving the DB BR 182 to Lubeck with LZB switched on and also just came across this issue which then automatically applied emergency brake. The emergency brake was trigged roughly within the box on the attached photo (about 10km until Lubeck) but I didn't quite catch the exact point.

PZB/LZB override cleared the fault and I could continue the journey.

Note to self, don't bother turning on LZB on Hamburg-Lubeck since the route isn't equipped with it anyway.

upload_2021-5-14_21-27-11.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I think there is a very big concern about the highlighted portion (I opened a complaint with the DTG support): between the 10 and 13km departing from Lubeck. For my part, I have big freeze of 1 second, to the point of thinking that my computer crashes. Why? Only DTG will be able to answer them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I think I ran into it on the other side of Bad Olesloe in the one after tutorial scenario. Glad it was not just me. In my case though, the PZB release didnt clear the LZB. The Befehl 40 light came on.

19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Gentlemen, aren't you talking about the place where there is a reduction of 160 > 90? If you confirm the distant indicator at speeds above 100, you will also get 1000Hz as a gift, which means speed reduction not to 90 but below 80. The braking curve will be evaluated. Penalty braking. There you have to brake almost 2 km earlier, near such a viaduct. I did almost the entire Journey without any weird stories like that.

But I believe in bugs in TSW! I am not suggesting that you are making it up. I'm just speculating :)

20. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

So here's the sequence of what happens. the U lights up indicating the LZB came on and immediately you get the LZB ende message along with the G speed indicator. All this happens before you even have time to react. Only happens if you have the LZB on.

21. pbandyopadhyay29

pbandyopadhyay29 Member

I think I ran into the same bug. I was doing the evening rescue scenario and after picking up the stranded train and passing Reinfeld the LZB just kicked on and the emergency brake came on before I can process why or what just happened. This combined with the PZB 500hz magnet issue is a bit frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

So, maybe this scenario is broken?

23. pbandyopadhyay29

pbandyopadhyay29 Member

Not a 100% sure. To be sure I would have to run it again at least once and see if it happens again but the impending disappointment and time wasted if it is broken is making this tomorrow me's problem.

• Like Like x 1