Lirr & Rt Preservation Crew Updates

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, May 11, 2021.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

So we may have had to wait a while, but the preservation crew updates for Long Island Rail Road & Rapid Transit have finally come out. I want to use this thread to go over some of the more noticeable changes that have been made to these routes in this update.

Long Island Rail Road:

Probably one of the biggest changes made to the route in this update is the fact that there is now working PIS on pretty much all stations along the route. Below are a couple of images of this in action at some of the key stations along the route.

New York Penn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Long Island City:
    [​IMG]
    Hunterspoint Avenue:
    [​IMG]
    Woodside:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Atlantic Terminal:
    [​IMG]
    Jamaica:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Belmont:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Floral Park:
    [​IMG]
    Hempstead:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hicksville:
    [​IMG]

Also, one other thing that I would like to mention here is that this route longest running issue, passengers not getting off the train at certain stations and just standing on the corridor, has now finally been fixed.

Overall I do like what they did to Long Island Rail Road, even though I do think the PIS system looks similar to what is being used on the UK routes that has been altered to fit within the existing PIS boxes on this route. But it still looks decent on this route.

This is part one of this post covering Long Island Rail Road. Part 2 will covered Rapid Transit as there is a lot of covered with that route.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. WonterRail

Rapid Transit:

So the biggest thing to come to this route with this update is a brand new timetable based on the 2021 data. The old timetable has not gone away and can still be selected from the timetable selection, similar to how you change between the Modern and Diesel Legends timetable on Great Western Express:
    [​IMG]
    The old timetable had 130 services (I say that because there are three BR 182 services that are not listed that run way past midnight), the new one has 312 and features S1,S2, S6 & S8. The BR 143 from Ruhr-Sieg Nord can also be used with this new timetable.
    [​IMG]
    The BR 1442 has 162 services and is focused on S1 & S6:
    [​IMG]
    The BR 182 has 37 services and focuses on S2
    [​IMG]
    The BR 143 has 38 services and focuses on S8
    [​IMG]
    The Doppelstock has 75 services and focuses on both S2 & S8:
    [​IMG]
    Like with LIRR, this route also now has PIS on every station and again, here are some images of it in action and some of the key stations.

Dessau Hbf:
    [​IMG]
    Dessau Sud:
    Also should be worth noting that the level crossings now work apparently
    [​IMG]
    Bitterfeld:
    [​IMG]
    Leipzig Messe:
    [​IMG]
    Leipzig Hbf:
    [​IMG]
    Leipzig Markt:
    [​IMG]
    Leipzig Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz:
    [​IMG]
    Leipzig Bayerischer Bahnhof:
    [​IMG]
    Leipzig MDR:
    [​IMG]
    Leipzig-Connewitz:
    [​IMG]
    Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz:
    [​IMG]

This image was taken on the old timetable just to prove that it also works on that timetable.
    [​IMG]
    So a lot has changed on this route with this update, some issues have come out regarding not being able to start the S6 services but hopefully that will be addressed pretty soon. But overall a pretty decent update over than that with a much bigger and more interesting timetable than the old one on TSW 2020.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m eager to know for sure the collectables are properly fixed on LIRR before I start trying to collect them myself. I don’t want my stats showing incorrect collectable numbers like it has done in the past.

4. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Very nice to see that they updated and improved the routes and not just launched and forgot about them. Nice work DTG, can't wait for next updates.

Getting off topic. Well, they could do the same thing with Train Simulator 2021.

5. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

The patch notes say:
    • Renamed collectables so that they have unique names. Removed two NEC collectables from Penn Station and two collectables from Sunnyside Yard.
    So I believe they are fixed at last which is good.

6. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

I still have to try the update out. Anyone can confirm if the M7 destination display is working as well?

7. sinnere

sinnere Active Member

Not to sound ungrateful but I saw nothing about fixes to the ATC/ASC bugs on the LIRR which was a main concern for many.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

The M7's destination display remains untouched I'm afraid.
    I suspect they might retrofit ACSES into the M3 and M7, as well as fix the bugs with it once NEC 2.0 releases, as that'll be bringing back a rebuilt version of the systems iirc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

Frankly, Adam's team did some very solid work, giving new life to both routes. Are they perfect now? No, but they're much closer to the standard we got with the latest releases (HBL aside lol). Regarding the upgrade to trains I didn't expect much, since Adam said many times that their train artist was not yet fully trained, so I'm guessing that's why they didn't address the PIS on the M7. I do agree with WonterRail that the PIS on lirr is basically a slightly modified version of the ones used on the uk routes, hopefully they'll update the styling to look closer to the real thing next time around. However this is absolutely the right way to go, and has increased the value of these routes considerably.

• Like Like x 4
  10. WonterRail

For reference this is what the PIS on Long Island Rail Road is suppose to look like (Circled it so it can be pointed out):
    LIRR PIS_LI.jpg
    Also, when looking back at the patch notes, I noticed this at the bottom that I'm surprised more people haven't taken notice of it:

So it seems that DTG is planning a second update later in the week in time for the release of Hamburg–Lübeck that will add more of what is seen in the patch notes. Hopefully the S6 Services on Rapid Transit will have been fixed by then.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaica_station

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

My question is on RT is how long before the gates go up after a train passes at Dessau Sud? They stay down for so long before a train comes and when it passes.

12. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

That might be a Game limitation, as far as I know, in-game gates only re-open when all trains have left the signalling block, and on RT those blocks can be quite large. Not sure if that is the issue, but it would seem like a logical explaination.

13. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I hope it can be activated by a certain distance rather by a signal block

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No such update today.

15. WonterRail

After today's update, I might as well use this thread to highlight some of the changes made since last time:

Long Island Rail Road:

Now when this update first came out, there was a massive problem of the 4xx services to Port Washington stopping at New York Penn across two platforms. Lucky, that has now been fixed and those services now stop on just one platform. But there has also been a few tweaks to the PIS system that was introduced in the last update.

Now the PIS system on Long Island Rail Road was just the system used on the UK routes that was modified to fit the PIS boxes along this route and while that's still the case even after todays update, DTG did make a few tweaks to try and make them more like what they are in real-life, such as making the lettering in caps, replacing the 'calling at' with 'stopping at' to describe the stops a service makes and describing the length of a train in cars instead of coaches. The system now also displays destinations beyond the end of the route, such as Port Washington and Ronkonkoma

New York Penn:
    [​IMG]
    Woodside:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hicksville:
    [​IMG]

All in all, while still not accurate to real-life, it is certainly an improvement on what was there before.

Rapid Transit:

Probably the biggest headlining issue that came with this entire update was that the southbound S6 services didn't work as the train was stuck inside the buffer on the turn-around siding which meant the train derailed before the service even started. That has thankfully now been fixed (Before anyone asks, yes, I have now started making pdf timetable for the updated Rapid Transit timetable after this fix, I hope to have that out in the next few days) but there has also been a few changes to the loco allocation on this timetable.

Now when this timetable first came out, the BR 1442 was only allocated to S1 & S6 services which meant it didn't any further than Leipzig Messe heading south. This isn't a problem if you had the DB BR 182 or Ruhr-Sieg Nord as they fill in the other services on this route, but if you didn't have either, all you would get is services involving the BR 1442 in the Leipzig region and nothing up towards Dessau. Thankfully, after todays update, 12 S2 services that were formerly allocated to the BR 182/Doppelstock have been given to the BR 1442 which means you can now drive it up to Dessau again.
    [​IMG]

Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck:

Now I also want to bring up Hamburg - Lübeck here to as there has also been some changes to the PIS/destination system on this route.

Firstly, platform numbers are now present on the PIS boards.

Hamburg Hbf:
    [​IMG]
    Lübeck Hbf:
    [​IMG]

But most importantly, passenger trains now finally show their train numbers alongside the destination.

RE8:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RE80:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RB81:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm glad that this has finally been added, although one piece of feedback, you may want to shrink the size of the destination font on the BR 112, or at least, move the route number closer to the RE/RB to free up more room at the end of the board as if you can see in some of these images, the destination doesn't fully shown up as it is cut off at the end of the board. But maybe that will be addressed in a future patch.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Destination boards on the 112 are broken and incorrect because the Service and Number are written Together as I post on another Thread.
    BAC0F90C-F125-4CE2-9920-82B9F2F2780E.jpeg

17. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yes and thankfully they also fixed the signals showing your red at every station you stop at, so you no longer have to crawl into every station at 15MPH.

Overall a nice hotfix.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

Hi, have either of the two recent patches enhanced the amount of "life" / traffic on LIRR? My understanding is that the M3 simply replaces the M7 without adding any additional life to the route. Is that still the case? Context: I've been holding off getting the M3, which is now on sale.

Thank you :)

19. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately still no added traffic or ai.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Sadly, no. To give LIRR more traffic, they need to update/fix the signaller and ATC first, as those are the reason LIRR has such low traffic. But currently it hasn't been touched, but hopefully in the not so distant future, as they've brought up the topic a few times by now. So at least they know what they have to do.

But the timetable had some improvements in that regard that nonstop services will now take the express tracks in the middle, and some unneccesary track changes has been taken out. Like when leaving NY Penn where you were routed through a 30MPH switch onto the other track, just to instantly be routed back to your original track 50m after it.

So no more traffic yet, but at least there are some improvements. I can recommend the M3 if you like the classic feel of it, as it's a fun train to drive and it gives a bit more life to LIRR to see 2 types of trains instead of only one. Though it's also a bit buggy still, so keep that in mind when deciding to make your purchase. But if you like driving on LIRR, I can recommend it even despite the issues.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

I really hope the preservation crew are able to implement those changes - so much more potential on the route.

A super helpful / informative response, thank you!

Last edited: May 25, 2021