Got Stuttering On Pc With Gsync Or Vsync Monitor? - Microsoft Have Released A Patch

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

[SystemSettings]
    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
    r.ViewDistanceScale=5
    r.LightFunctionQuality=3
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.75
    r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2
    foliage.LODDistanceScale=5
    r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
    r.LandscapeLOD0DistributionScale=4
    r.TemporalAASharpness=2.0
    r.TemporalAASamples=2
    r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
    r.TextureStreaming=0
    r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
    r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
    r.Streaming.UseFixedPoolSize=1
    r.Streaming.PoolSize=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    s.ForceGCAfterLevelStreamedOut=0
    s.ContinuouslyIncrementalGCWhileLevelsPendingPurge=0
    gc.TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=0
    gc.LowMemory.TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=0
    s.UnregisterComponentsTimeLimit=1
    s.LevelStreamingComponentsUnregistrationGranularity=10
    s.LevelStreamingActorsUpdateTimeLimit=1
    s.PriorityLevelStreamingActorsUpdateExtraTime=0
    s.LevelStreamingComponentsRegistrationGranularity=10
    r.Streaming.NumStaticComponentsProcessedPerFrame=10
    r.Shadow.WholeSceneShadowCacheMb=2048
    r.DynamicRes.FrameTimeBudget=0
    r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
    gc.LowMemory.TimeBetweenPurgingPendingLevels=0
    s.AsyncLoadingTimeLimit=1
    s.PriorityAsyncLoadingExtraTime=0
    They're my settings in the spoiler, I run with DX11 and it seems like it's just the textures that disappear. It could be possible that the most recent update is to blame, but I can't say for sure because I changed my config and updated the game at a similar time. The most recently added ones are the lines at the bottom and some value changes to the "s." variables, before them, I had no issues with missing textures.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  2. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

hope to see improvements with the next core update and the 4.26 of UE4.
    Let me dream :)
    flickering, textures, stuttering, clipping, the game has all we need :D
    very sad because the potential is here

3. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Oh my god Hamburg - Lübeck re-introduced hitching for me BUT only with the DB BR112!
    I observed when the loco falls slightly under the set speed and accelerates again the FPS drop. And the loco is doing that all the time :)
    This might not really be related to the ini settings but I need to do some more runs before I begin tinkering ...

4. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

No, you’re spot on! hyperlord it’s the worst it’s ever been for me!

5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

The "s." variables are sound related ones (at least according to documentation) and are the same values I use too. We included them there just because they affect the tile loading process. The only one related to LODs I could imagine to create problems with textures not displayed would be r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.75, but default value is 1 (so less detailed than your setting) and I´m even using a higher setting than you (0.25) without having any issues. The r.SkeletalMeshLODBias is one I don´t use, but that should be dealing with trains details not collectables (I expect them to be static meshes as the rest of buildings and so on). Just keep it in case it didn´t produce any problems in the past to you.

What you could try is to avoid using 0 in the "gc." ones and in the r.DynamicRes.FrameTimeBudget, in case that produces any problem after latest patch. Try with something like:

gc.TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=300
    gc.LowMemory.TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=300
    r.DynamicRes.FrameTimeBudget=1​

This will just schedule the cleaning every 5 minutes and book 1ms per frame for the dynamic res, which is still a valid solution and are the values I´m using as well (default scheduled cleaning is every minute).

Last thing you could try is to increase a bit the static objects amount, in case what you are experiencing is the effect of a very low amount of objects processing when loading tiles. Try the following instead of you current 10 value:

r.Streaming.NumStaticComponentsProcessedPerFrame=20​

Cheers

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I thought I had a pretty good Engine.ini. Until Hamburg Lübeck. I.m getting terrible stutters under DX11 and far worse under DX12.

I tried going back to a standard ini file as shipped and it’s exactly the same, so I’ll keep using the tweaked one, but if anyone finds something that helps, it would be great.

• Like Like x 2
  7. maxipolo12

I can still remember people saying me that there is no stuttering on TSW :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

My i7 4770k + 1070 gtx feels like Celeron + 6600 GT on Hamburg. Massive stuttering, like i have the game on HDD (i run it on SSD). Munchen is smooth in comparison to this.

9. Perks390

The stuttering is unrelated to the config several of us use, I tried it with most of the settings removed (just draw distance and details still in config) and I still had stuttering, so must be on the game/DLC side.
    I had no issues with the PIS boards when I removed most of the config except for detail and draw distance, so looks to be config related. I'll give those settings a go later on, and report back. Thanks for your advice!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shaun123

I went back to DX11, which vastly improved the stuttering, as a very slight cost to FPS 50-55 in places instead of a constant 60.

11. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Same problem for me on HHL, it lags and freeze of 1 seconde sometimes (I even thought my computer crashed the first time) with a Core i9 10th, NVidia RTX 2080S, 32GB, Disk SSD.
    Never had any problems with other DLCs, even on the HMA road and in Ultra (config).
    It's a nice road and I hope DTG can fix it with a patch.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shaun123

Similar spec to me JBViper - apart from I’ve got an i7-9700

Noticed an increase in stuttering/lag lately too. With massive FPS drops in place, relating to tile loading.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I ran HHL as smooth as HRR yesterday. Take any loco other than the DB BR112 and the game is back to normal.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Chiming in on HHL stutter. Im experiencing this as well - way more than the usual tsw2 stutter

In my case I took the 11car 101 svc from Lubeck to Hamburg and it was not very smooth either

I personally dont think its attributed it to ini settings. Ive got a few but nothing crazy - I can run CRR pretty smooth and its fairly demanding

15. maxipolo12

Best option is to wait UE 4.26 and core update and pray but I know DTG for a long time so I don't place my expectations to high.
    Funny would be that the experience become worse :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I've been playing around today trying to improve the stutter. I've been trying various levels of detail mostly and I haven't had much success however my last run (DX11 and no Engine.ini settings) I capped the frame rate at 60 (normally I'm getting around 100) It was the best it's been so far, but still worse than other routes. So later I'll try again and see if it was just a one off.

Interested in what hyperlord wrote above. All my runs so far have been in the 112 as I'm finding I quite like it. Will try the 101 service later.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Perks390

Having changed these settings, I now don't experience the loss on PIS board functionality. Must be related to one of them settings.

• Like Like x 1
  18. stevulko.lego

stevulko.lego New Member

I have been having similar problems as some people here. I have got an i7 8700, 16GB of RAM and GTX 1070, which should be more than enough to run TSW2 according to Steam, yet my FPS drops. On ultra settings In most parts I can keep around 70-60 fps, but when I go to the station in Hagen (Ruhr Sieg Nord) for example, the fps drops to like 40-30. This can also happen randomly on all routes in any circumstances. I don't know how to change DX12 settings, so I would love some help, because this seems as a potential solution for me. It's really getting annoying to play TSW2 on 50-40 fps on average on a 144 Hz monitor with random stutters, while I can play War Thunder on 4K, max details and having around 100 FPS.

19. 5cip

5cip Active Member

if u mean how to use dx12 then just put the command "-dx12" (without quotes) in the advanced settings in steam inside the launch options from game.

20. 5cip

5cip Active Member

hello,

when i use this engine i have texture flickering in -dx12 but not in -dx11.....
    which command is responsible for that ?

thanks

edit: finally i could find the command which causes that flickering in -dx12 ..it was = r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
    so after deleting that line the engine.ini runs good.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  21. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i have the same problems on that route its unplayable so...i have stutters up to 5 sec in dx12 and a lot of shorter stutters in dx11.
    is there an official statement from DTG if the problems which we encounter are confirmed and if there is a hotfix on the way ?
    would be very happy about an answer

cheers