Train Sim World 2 - Doppelstock Departure

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, May 13, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Read the article here.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Despite all the negative comments, I think the add-on is really good. I like the DB BR 112 and was really surprised when I saw it substitute on all German routes, except Rapid Transit

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I still think the platforms have been lowered, but I can’t tell from the screenshots.

4. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Doppelstock Recycling should called the Headline hahaha. :D
    The low entry Dostos are annoying on this Route, I Fall between the Train and the Bahnsteig really often, or can’t even leave the Train.

• Like Like x 9
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah the drop between the platform and the dostos has definitely decreased since the stream last week.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bobbobberdd

I think so too. I tried briefly to get between the train and the platform. It did not work :|

• Like Like x 1
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I Falled between today at a Station.

The Sounds from the 112 and 182 are terrible bad, like on Rapid Transit the DB 182 and the Talent 2.
    Why not asking Maik Goltz or Linus to make the sounds correct.

Also the Sounds are looping and howl like all trains on TSW 2.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As expected... curing the symptom, not the disease. "Wrong coaches don't fit the platforms, let's make the platforms wrong"... *sigh*

• Like Like x 8
  9. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Clinchfield still appears as the latest add-on via the TSW2 game page when accessed from a PS4 console. The BR 101 and Hauptstrecke Hamburg only show up when searching for them specifically. I don’t know whether it’s a region-specific or general issue with the PS store, but I thought you might want to know DTG.

Anyway, I’ll speak with my wallet and wait for a massive price drop. Blame the deliberate use of incorrect passenger coaches.

• Like Like x 4
  10. bobbobberdd

Because it doesn't work as easily as you might imagine. For this, contracts have to be negotiated on salaries, working hours, and so on. DTG cannot just go to others and say "Do our work". And is not even sure if they can do it as easily as you imagine.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

You knew what you were getting, you bought it, what’s the issue?

• Like Like x 3
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Because I‘m German and bought all German Stuff what is available.

• Like Like x 2
  13. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Taking a first drive, the route seems alright. Price can be a point of discussion, but for me while not great, it's acceptable. But there is one thing: the sounds. WHY is the 112 giving off 146.2 vibes, with that high pitch that is supposed to be the traction motors? Besides, the cooling fans -just like on the 143- are way too quiet.
    Haven't driven the 182 yet, so can't comment on that one.

• Like Like x 4
  14. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

I have just completed the first full-length run, I also looked around the timetable loading some services. Genreally I like the route, I only found some minor issues.

As for the platforms, I did fall in once, but I also had a problem getting into the train at Hamuburg Hbf. The cabcar would not let me in, through an open door. Which is doubly ironic, as the cabcars really are low-door in real life. Rather amusing, although not a game-breaking bug to be sure.

I noticed that when approaching Luebeck Hbf one of the advance signals did not have its 1000 Hz magnet on, even though it warned about a speed reduction to 60 km/h. Also when arriving at Luebeck, the 500 Hz manget was not active, even though the signal was red (the 1000 Hz worked as it should there).

I saw a PIS glitch, having loaded the IC service from Luebeck to Frankfurt. The displays at Luebeck only showed "Hamburg Hbf" as the destination, as if they were unable to process an off-map destination. But this does not seem to be the case, as in Hamburg it correctly displays "Frankfurt (Main) Hbf".

Also on the IC service, I'm not fond of the consist with the two BR 101s. Of course I know it's a workaround due to the cabcar not being available, but I think that from the gameplay perspective it would be much more interesting, if the loco was running around the coaches. A minor detail though.

One more thing which is a bit disappointing, although not altogether unexpected, is the emptiness of Hamburg Hbf. It's a pity that there are no AI trains headed towards different destinations. This must be possible to implement, as it is done in ECW, where some trains will depart e.g. towards London, and the number of services at HHL does not seem to be so huge as to prevent it from the perfromance point of view.

But altogether these are pretty minor points, and I'm quite happy to have bought it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

I like the use of the 363 in the tutorials to add a bit of traffic in the yard.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

There is quite a big sale on PS at the moment , not sure if the 101 is included . HBL certainly not .

17. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

I think his post outlined the issues fairly clearly.

• Like Like x 4
  18. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Exactly, I was very surprised too see that :) Just wondering why they didn't include the 363 in timetable mode. It would be nice to have it to have some switching scenarios.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Nielsen

That’s unrelated to my point. The BR 101 and Hamburg simply aren’t formally categorized as TSW2 DLC on the PS Store.

• Like Like x 1
  20. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

The sounds... Honestly, since the Rapid Transit Update (which was supposed to fix the sound of the 182, wasn't it?) and todays release, which introduces a "completely-new" loco: the 112 and a half-new loco: the MRCE 182, both of them suffering from that really annoying high pitched sound and the clearly audible sound loops as well, I'm certainly not getting my hope up anymore that further updates for the German preserved collection rolling stock is gonna fix anything. Guess it's just gonna stay like this. Quite sad, I actually really really like the 146.2 or also the 185 if it wasn't for the horrible sound. While the 185 is still somewhat playable, the 146.2 just isn't. The sound is just so loud and actually annoying. Even when it drives past you while you drive another train. But hey, DTG is probably gonna be like "just turn your volume down then". Hugely disappointing.
    At least the core route itself looks very good, I really like it. If it wasn't for the non-working and emergency brake inducing 500Hz magnets.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Nielsen

:|

It's pretty normal to buy something and then leave feedback afterwards.

• Like Like x 7
  22. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Change the 112 Sound to this from Linus, I know you have a cooperation.
    Even the TS Version from VR looks much better as your Modell, because of the wrong Lights

9111AB90-AAFF-45D7-B917-C41AE4FAAD49.png

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  23. bobbobberdd

I hope you are aware that it is not possible. You cannot transfer TS Sounds to TSW2 so easily. TSW2 has its own audio format. If it were that easy, you don't think DTG would have simply used the TS Sound on all there Trains.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

They used Armstrong Powerhouse sounds for the Class 465, the sound structure is different but they can use the same samples. But of course they used the 143 sounds.

At 4:06 you'll hear some familiar sounds if you own the 465 in TSW

25. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I know they need to reworked the Audio Datei from the TS Mods/Sounds, but it’s possible to used it for TSW.

26. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Hey!
    This route made new layers on Augsburg - München and Köln - Aachen. Now it's possible to avaiable locos equipped with LZB as RE- and freight trains with LZB active even in Mode M. I just tried the 112 on K - A and "the black one" on A - M. Anyone else?

I also tried the new LZB area at Rapid Transit after the update. Only used by Doppelstock trains though.

This is fun!

• Like Like x 1
  27. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, that in the DLC artwork the loco looks absolutely right, so DTG more or less acknowledged that their model looks wrong and even corrected it in the DLC artwork...

• Like Like x 1
  28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They said this last week on the Live Stream about the the 3 Headlights are wrong.
    But they don’t wanna change this.
    It’s Vintage Dovetail Games, that’s why I’ve been so frustrated and criticized the Work about all this Issues.

The Virtual Railroads BR 112 for the TS is absolutely Perfect what I post here earlier.
    Sadly I don’t own Train Simulator because I’m a Console Gamer.

• Like Like x 1
  29. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

In a perfect world they'd give us the high door dostos and a corrected 112 as an apology... Oh well. This is what I absolutely despise about them, they know they're doing so much wrong but refuse to change it. And when you complain about it you're told "oh well, don't buy it then if you don't like it". Maybe make us want to buy it then ffs

• Like Like x 7
  30. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

It did not add new layers, it just added possibility of driving a 112 within already existing layers as a substitution for 143/146. Not exactly the same thing, as there are no new services.

It's fun though, although LZB seems not to work correctly on 112, as speed limits are not displayed (or perhaps I'm doing something wrong, manual would help of course, but I'm beyond expecting manuals from new releases now...).

That said, this is of course a very welcome addition, and I enjoyed driving the 112 on SKA.
    Also, I think it's not only HMA and SKA, but all German routes, except RT.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

If 146.2 still has the same annoying high pitch AFTER the MSB gets an update, I will seriously reconsider any further TSW investments.

• Like Like x 5
  32. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The sound issue is due to the route being brought over from an older game

33. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

M7 sound issues are also from the porting and have NOT been fixed with this update.

• Like Like x 1
  34. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Same. I remember back in Autumn/December somewhere around there, there was an update which was supposed to fix the sounds as far as I remember and it didn't do. Thats why they moved it to the "preserved collection team". But at this point I'm really not getting any hopes up anymore that anything will be fixed. I just don't get why they don't want to improve their game.

Thats known already? Its nothing new, it should still get fixed though.

Maybe even throw LZB functionality in for the 146.2 and 185.

• Like Like x 3
  35. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I looked up the BR101 IC2220 schedule, and this train also runs between Wuppertal and Hagen as well. Hopefully a future layer for 2 services on RRO.

36. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Totally new around here, but played a lot, high pitched 'engine' noises from the new loco in scenarios - 5.1 surround (right side / front- I had to almost mute :(
    MRCE 'colour' version is a beaut to drive though.

37. Speedster

Speedster Active Member

Judging by the Steam reviews maybe a more apt title is "Doppelstock Disaster"

• Like Like x 6
  38. bobbobberdd

So either DTG has a spelling mistake in the German word for Coffee or some Guy named Klaus has opened a Boutique with the Jamaican Singer Koffee here in Hamburg Central Station. :D:D 0ee42db9-9e62-4455-aeb0-87deb3a0cdba.jpeg

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  39. johnmi_ckel

johnmi_ckel New Member

Niche games need a way to keep running. It is expensive to make all this content for a game that doesn’t have a vast Kodi nox audience.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1