Did You Buy/will You Buy Hamburg-lubeck?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lmcpfc2014, May 13, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    34.9%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    43.0%
  3. Maybe

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  1. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Just wondering how many have bought this route, I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. I might just wait for Class 313 and Cathcart. I can't edit the maybe bit, I mean "Will you buy it in future"

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

Maybe ?

3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

If they were to ever introduce the correct dostos, then yes, but fire the time being it’s unlikely, keeping my money for the pep and Cathcart circle and rush hour

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I like German Routes and I liked this one in TS2021 so yes, I’m buying it

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for some bugs to be fixed, the most important of which being the PZB 500Hz Magnets, Taurus AFB not working correctly, and the reversed screens. If these get fixed I might consider getting in on sale. If they improve the sounds or the headlights of the 112 I might consider getting it at full price.

In the current state, definitely no, but overall maybe.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Nah I'm waiting for the 313 and probably Cathcart Circle

• Like Like x 4
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No. Bugs aside, it offers nothing new in the way of either rolling stock or gameplay. Little things like headlights, PIS displays and even wrong Dostos aren't dealbreakers for me, but the non-addition of anything to my TSW2 collection that I don't in effect already have is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

I haven't bought anything since Munchen, I now wait to see what the feedback is like prior to buying. Needless to say I haven't been very enthusiastic on spending. I'm afraid I'm losing confidence in this mob as time goes on...

• Like Like x 4
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

No because no new rolling stock is offered. I don't like the db br 143 and a 112 is pratically the same as the 143. I will never buy this route

10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Same as others, nothing new to offer here, and the development of it seems uninspired and passionless.

• Like Like x 6
  11. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I’m waiting for time been my money working for 313 for east coastway Cathcart ⭕️ and rush hour for the Brighton mainline/Gatwick express

• Like Like x 3
  12. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I didn't buy this. I'm waiting for a UK route which isn't third rail, isn't in southern England, and is set before 1980. I think my money's pretty safe for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I'm not buying this at full price. DTG said vote with your wallet so I will. A poor external 3D model of the 112.1 cabs, wrong and reused Dosto rolling stock. Only things new are the 112.1 internal cab and the MCRE 182.5 internal cab but even that has errors with MFD screens.

Lubeck station is the only impressive thing about the route.

Not worth the full price at all in my view and seems rushed. I love all the German stuff and this is a big let down and quality slip for German rail fans. I might pick it up when it goes on sale or a t full price if DTG addressed the issues I have with it but they have stated they won't.

Poor show DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Bought it yesterday and kinda wish I didn’t now. Frame rates are choppy most of the time, no 500hz pzb magnets, and wish I could get a refund but, I don’t I can get one. As I’m on Xbox.

• Like Like x 2
  15. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I was sceptical about the route at first but I bought the route at midnight on its release for Xbox Series X

the frame rate for me runs very smoothly and have not noticed any issues with it (even in heavy rain) the only issues I have really noticed are lack of Numbers for onboard and platform destination boards such as RE8 etc and some onboard destination boards not fully displaying destination, and the direct brake for the 112 doesn’t currently do anything helpful but I’m aware this is a known issue

the scenery of the route is very nicely done especially with how busy Hamburg feels, I’m pretty sure they upped the amount of cars driving round near Hamburg Hbf aswell, both Hbf’s are really nicely done aswell as the other platforms along the route

112 whilst similar to the 143 has always had a special driving cab look to it that I’ve liked since using the 143 and the front headlight difference to real world I do not notice

as with the dostos I hold out that they may eventually do the high doors for a different route and put it in as a swap out for the route

On a side note I own the DB 101 and it’s a lot of fun to drive along the route especially going a longer distance with it

• Like Like x 2
  16. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I won’t get HBL unless it is on sale on Xbox . So in other words - I won’t be getting it

• Like Like x 2
  17. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

My 'wishlist' atm is GCC • 313 • HBL • WSR • HMA so I'm not 100% sure. I'll stick with maybe

• Like Like x 2
  18. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

I've not bought it, and probably won't either... I'm not that bothered by the German routes, they all mix into one after a while and the locos are all pretty similar in operation too.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Gave in and bought it yesterday, I lasted just over 24hrs from release which is pretty good for me and German routes xD.

I'm really enjoying it so far, it will depend on the kind of player you are as to whether the issues it has will ruin it for you. I'm able to have fun and not get too wound up by any of the issues, I'm not sure if I have encountered the PZB issues, because generally I'm crap with PZB anyway. Those PZB issues will probably be a big issue for many, but if they're not a deal-breaker, I'd recommend to look past some of the harsher posts, it genuinely is a playable route, and one you can have fun with.

There's quite a nice simplicity to this route that's almost a bit like going back-to-basics. It doesn't have a ton of layers or ICEs, it's just a relatively steady back and forward timetable mostly utilizing the same rolling stock, there are no portals left, right, and centre with trains disappearing into the ether, it's almost self-contained. For me at least it's just the right length in terms of end-to-end time to drive it, and it's the kind of route that's gonna be enjoyable to learn, because it's not overly-complicated in terms of speed changes, but it can get busy and throw up an unexpected red from time to time.

The scenery is great, probably the best thing about it, the foliage all looks great and whilst it's not a photorealistic interpretation of Hamburg, it's good enough to make it feel like a proper departure from a big city, through it's suburbs and sprawl, and out into the countryside, that transition in particular is pretty superb.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

No, by far the worst looking German route so far, I've only seen the DTG streams and there have been already so many bugs. In addition, in my personal opinion, DTG took a lot of bad decisions when creating this route (mainly with regards to rolling stock and variety). I will buy it eventually, but I will certainly wait for a higher discount than any other route before (maybe something in the ballpark of 50%), and even then I'll think twice about it. I hope the Rush Hour routes will be better, and that the routes after will add more variety, also rolling stock wise, not only route wise.

• Like Like x 3
  21. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

I shall definitely be keeping my money for now then. There's so many forums with loads of responses complaining about this route and yet people proceed to buy it, I wish people wouldn't so that DTG know they've messed up, although I'm sure sales won't have been great. I haven't bought anything since the Class 465, and the only German route I haven't bought in TSW, other than HHL, is RRO. I was really looking forward to this one until we saw the pictures, I'm so sick of the 143 and the same Dostos and they'll be on BRD in Rush Hour too, but at least I will only be paying the price of one route and the one I'm most looking forward to is the BML. Thanks for voting :)

• Like Like x 3
  22. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I decided myself to get it and the route itself is amazing. And like you have noted the frame rates are very choppy across the route makes it hard to really enjoy. I found the training tutorials to be the worst with frame rates.

23. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Canadian here, and I love the German routes. However, if I can’t drive it with PZB operable, I “ain’t” buying it.

24. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Bought and being enjoyed.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The route is nothing very special, I think. I will wait for Cane Creek and Rush Hour. This one and Cathcart should have a nice discount first.

• Like Like x 1
  26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I love it \o/ A very good passenger timetable :)

27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ll be sitting this one out for quite a while. I don’t need new stuff and I want the stuff to work properly and smoothly when I do get it. As I’m probably upgrading to a PS5 sometime around when Rush Hour releases, I think all new route purchases will wait until after then, even Cathcart Circle which does look better than Hamburg Lubeck, and Cane Creek which I was looking forward to, but could go either way quality wise. I’m quite happy to catch up with the huge amount of unplayed stuff I have in my collection and despite the route looking lovely, uninspiring Hamburg with its slightly different trains and dubious reputation can wait until heavily discounted. I think a PS5 will do all routes old and new more justice and some things I already have need that extra power, but this route will be bottom of the list for purchasing for a long time I reckon.