Other German Translation

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by dubaut, May 8, 2021.

1. dubaut

dubaut New Member

I just bought Train Sim World 2 with Köln-Aachen and switched the language to "German".

I wonder why you even bothered to provide a German translation. The first five minutes of the tutorial alone contain obvious errors in translation that, if you follow the written instructions, make it impossible to complete the tutorial. Did anyone with native German ever check these texts in the context of the actual game before you released it?

Just as an example: One of the instructions is: "Betreten Sie den Führerstand." (engl. "Enter the driver's cab."). If you do so, nothing happens, because you are not supposed to enter the driver's cab, but chose a seat and wait there for a moment.

Normally, I don't care a lot about translations and little errors. But in this case, I lost fun playing the game already in the tutorial, because I got stuck.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The translation is for people who don’t speak English . Not everyone here is British , and speaks perfect English

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

At least it should be, but there are many mistakes and like the topic opener, I doubt that the translations have been checked by a native German speaker.
    Also, I'm tired of pointing out these errors because apparently DTG has decided to ignore them. Instead they create new errors with almost every new DLC.

dubaut: In the tutorials you are supposed to go via every checkpoint and do exactly what you're told, nothing more and nothing less. It's tedious but when you know how it works you can adopt to that.
    Especially when walking, you may miss one of the target designations.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Coastway trainspotter

I think the translation fixes have been implemented for a few languages , but not all of them

5. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

That may be the case, and then I have the next question: Why not all of them, and why aren't the translations correct at release?
    Surely this is not how professionals work ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coastway trainspotter

DTG probably fixed the translations which were used most commonly first .

7. dubaut

dubaut New Member

No translation is better than a bad translation.

Considering the Train Sim community, I'd say, that German is a rather important language. Especially for German routs.

8. Coastway trainspotter

Isn’t German the second most popular nationality to play TSW2 ?

9. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

You just made a terrible mistake.

Have fun :D

• Like Like x 2