Between The Nordics - Helsingør - Lund Via København H W/ Litra Et, Vectron, X2000

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by anas.hera, May 13, 2021.

?
  1. Of course.

40 vote(s)
    93.0%
  2. Only if the route is on sale.

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. I wouldn’t buy this route.

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Starter Note:
    Firstly, Eid Mubarak to my Muslim brothers out there. Secondly, yes I know TSW don’t have the licenses for these trains but if they consider this route then hopefully they can obtain the licenses needed.
    Key Information:

Route Length: 113 kilometres (70 miles) including tunnels

Rolling Stock:
    • DSB Litra ET/X31K/X32K
    • DSB Litra SA
    • DSB Litra EB (Vectron) + Dostos
    • SJ X2000
    Stations:

Helsingør, Snekkersten, Espergærde, Humlebæk, Nivå, Kokkedal, Rungsted Kyst, Vedbæk, Skodsborg, Klampenborg, Ordrup (S), Charlottenlund (S), Hellerup, Svanemøllen (S), Nordhavn (S), Østerport, Nørreport, Vesterport (S), København H, Ørestad, Tårnby, CPH Airport, Hyllie, Triangeln, Malmö Central, Burlöv, Åkarp, Hjärup, Lund Central

7BAA120E-4942-4E26-98B6-DA888516B670.jpeg
    Services:

Regionaltog (Litra ET/X31K): Helsingør - (Kobenhavn H, some trains terminate here from both ends) - Lund Central
    Regionaltog (Litra EB): Helsingør - Kobenhavn H
    Øresundståg (Litra ET/X31K): Østerport - Lund Central
    SJ (X2000): Kobenhavn C - Malmo Central (to West Coast Line) - Lund Central
    S-Tog (Litra SA): Klampenborg - København H

[​IMG]
    A Litra ET outside København H

Route Explanation:
    Hello my friends who are reading this. I’ve been focusing solely on German routes for weeks but today I’ve decided to look at a very unique railway, one which goes across the borders of Sweden and Denmark, over and under seas in beautiful bridges and elaborate tunnels, this will cover part of the Øresundståg, between Helsingør and Lund Central via Copenhagen and Malmo. One of the most important and busy railways in both nations, this is very a fundamental and really busy route which requires as much as 5 trains an hour at times. This route has Express trains, Regionals and Suburbans for passenger lovers.
    You can drive the SJ X2000, flagship of the Swedish railways between Copenhagen and Lund in Express services; the Litra ET (known as the X31K/X32K in Sweden), the newest generation of the IC3 operating Regional services across the entire route; the Litra EB which is the newest generation of DSB locomotives (and is also a Vectron!) which hauls the DOSTOS cars which is also the same as the 4th generation German DOSTOS operating regional services between Copenhagen and Helsingør; and the Litra SA, in Suburban stoppers (identical to S Bahns) between Klampenborg and Copenhagen (can be expanded west of Copenhagen if DTG can handle it).
    This route also features lengthy lines which allow for 200 km/h operations - so don’t worry about slow speeds.
    Along with such variety, you have breathtaking scenery ranging from gorgeous coastlines and fields, villages and cities, bridges and tunnels; this route genuinely has it all in scenery. The route’s main attraction would be the Øresund Bridge - the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe, where cars travel above the trains on the bridge and adjacent to the railway in the tunnel. Because of the simple scenery for ~20 miles of neverending waters and deep underground tunnels, the 70 mile length of the route shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
    [​IMG]
    An Øresundståg Litra ET crossing the Øresund Bridge
    [​IMG]
    A Litra EB departing Østerport Station towards Kobenhavn H

Rolling Stock:
    This route will include 4 rolling stock, of which none will be layers.

Firstly, you have the Litra ET or the X31K in Sweden - which handles the bulk of the services between Helsingør and Lund Central, with some services terminating in Malmo and Copenhagen. They are also the newest generation of the IC3 units:
    75525B68-45A9-4BA6-8148-38053E1AB4ED.jpeg
    Litra ET in Malmo Central

Next, you have the prideful flagship of the Swedish railways, the X2000. These operate services between Copenhagen and Lund - being able to speed elegantly at 200 km/h, you’ll be able to fully experience the mighty roar of the X2000:
    [​IMG]
    X2000 in Goteborg C (station not in the route)

Next you have the very highly anticipated Vectron, or the Litra EB in Denmark. These are very brand new and operate solely between Ringsted and Helsingør, while this route includes half of the service up to Copenhagen. These haul 4th generation DOSTOS which have already been added into the game so this shouldn’t cause much hassle with DTG:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, you have the S Tog units - the famous Litra SA which handles the suburban services between Klampenborg and København H, acting exactly like S Bahn services - completing the circle of passenger services on the route:
    [​IMG]
    Litra SA in Hellerup, heading towards Klampenborg

Final Notes:
    Because TSW is lacking with routes outside of Britain, America and Germany, why not include this route which features Danish AND Swedish stations. This is a very unique route, one with all sorts of passenger services, all sorts of scenery, all sorts of speeds, and would definitely help TSW grow more in the “World” part in the name. This would become a very diverse route, and with the rush hour update coming soon, this will definitely blend in with the theme as this is one of the most busy and popular routes in all of northern Europe. I really hope DTG considers this route because I honestly think that it will be of good use to the players. As always, thank you so much for reading! :D

Pictures:
    [​IMG]

Øresund Road and Rail Bridge

[​IMG]
    Helsingør St

[​IMG]
    Nivå Station

[​IMG]
    Klampenborg Station

9DA4A672-9F05-47B7-9810-C7BB1C56CA33.jpeg
    Hellerup St

[​IMG]
    Østerport Station

[​IMG]
    København H

[​IMG]
    Copenhagen Airport

4472094A-B90B-410E-8C9B-69E25643B8EC.jpeg
    Malmo Central

88DD66F8-AD2F-4942-A323-90ED5CDF8918.jpeg
    Lund Central

[​IMG]
    Litra EB and Yellow-Liveried Litra ET passing through Klampenborg

• Like Like x 16
  2. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the rolling stock, but any route suggestion outside the seemingly never-ending UK/Germany/US loop, and especially one in the Nordic countries, gets my upvote.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Yeah, the rolling stock isn’t my favourite but we definitely need routes outside of the UK/Germany/US

• Like Like x 2
  4. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

At least the EB looks decent. Do you have a photo for the cab? Can't find one.

5. flystentz

flystentz Member

This would be a great route, with new countries, and a very unique train in the IC3!

6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent ideaand of these trains only the ic3 can layer on to Hamburg Lubeck since before 2019 it's actually routed as Hamburg-Lübeck-Puttgarden. At Puttgarden it's actually loaded onto a ferry to Rødby where it follows Rødby Copenhagen Malmo Railway line to the final Terminus at Copenhagen. This route needs a tutorial on how to switch voltages and Train Protection Systems. Otherwise players will assume it's going to be a route that has PZB, LZB & Sifa Germany Austria AWS TPWS DSD UK and followed by North America Positive train control with Alerter.
    Dostos are the easy part because they can be reskinned from Deutsche Bahn paint into DSB Danish Railways Paint. The Hard work is going to be the Vectron but if an Australian route before this one then ÖBB1293 Vectron can be reskinned from ÖBB paint into DSB Paint.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Part of me wants to see this route made, at least with the X2000's, since those were temporarily used here in the US as part of the tests that eventually became the Acela Project.
    87ba146e9e8c184a791a812c369e49d7.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. driverwoods#1787

I agree and if you want the Amtrak paint X2000 it can be sold as a bundle called early 1990s North East Corridor pack since electrification only reached New Haven Connecticut. After December 1999 electric trains can go on to Boston

9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I was just thinking of using the Livery Editor to create the livery....

10. driverwoods#1787

Okay then and for this route they are actually Copenhagen Malmo Stockholm services. If they do make this route what portion for the NorthEast Corridor would you want that on and can't be Providence Boston because in 1993 electrification is up to New Haven, CT where a Diesel locomotive must be used for New Haven Boston South Station. After December 1999 electric trains can go to Boston South Station from New Haven, CT.

11. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Can’t find one too - though I’m not surprised since the train’s only been active for a few months. But my friends in Denmark told me that it’s very similar to the German Cab in that the warning systems, throttle and brakes are all in the same place.

12. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Unfortunately it’s the wrong type of IC3 - the Litra MF went on Hamburg Lubeck. They need to switch voltages on the bridge when entering Sweden too.

13. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

I hadn’t thought of that - nice.

14. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Those would fit really nicely to the Malmö northbound route I suggested and some vehivles could be layered/reused on that route

15. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I’d love to see this. Anything Danish is very welcome. I’d personally like to see an IC3 in there and either an MZ or EG but what a fantastic suggestion!

16. bernhardjocke

bernhardjocke New Member

i need this route to Train Sim World 2 DLC