Dtgs Testing Needs To Be Improved... And Tsw2 An "operation Health"

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Spygot, May 14, 2021.

1. Spygot

Spygot Member

Hello Guys,
    I know that there are many threads about this topic but the release of HHL and RT Fix just made me speechless in Terms of DTGs Beta Testing...
    Context:
    Yesterday, HHL released and I pre-ordered it and began to play today. On my first real service, like the first 20mins of in-game-time, 3 easy spottable errors occured while playing the Route:
    -Control Car doesn't show red lights.
    -FIS Displays stop working when loading a savegame
    -PZB90 500hz doesn't trigger (at least at some signals)

And on Rapid Transit (which was "fixed"):
    -Some services derail before the scenario starts
    -[Talent 2 Sounds is still bad (although better than before) and has no working FIS.]
    -[LZB is only for 160km/h although it should be 200km/h]

How the hell did these bugs (excluding the Talent 2 because they definetly knew) made it in the final release??? How is that possible. Like, did someone even tested HHL with activated PZB or started a SINGLE RT service? Especially the derailment and PZB Bugs had to be knewn. Who creates a realistic line with HOURS of work beeing put into small details like buildings or realistic coach alignment and then COMPLETLY fails the testing??? It's like copy a picture by hand and only look at it once. They could even let the players do most of the testing by releasing a beta for free and let the community spot bugs, But as a customer, who bought a line for 30€, which is a LOT of money for a DLC imo, things like that aren't allowed to happen. For me, lesson learned, never preorder a DLC again regardless of what it seems to be.
    Another problem is the time it takes for bugs to get fixed, especially talking about Rapid Transit. I know that there are many people who claim that "we got it for free and shouldn't ask for too much" but that is, at least im my case, complete bullshit. I bought RT for TSW 2 and wasn"t able to play since the talent made no noise at all for half a year. Absolutly unacceptable.

Looking at many other routes (most of which i own) and trying to give some construcutive feedback I propose something like "Operation Health" was for Rainbow Six Siege: Stopping the work on new DLCs (or stop to make some after Rush Hour is released for a limited time) and concentrate on the following:
    -Fix all the bugs that have been found since release in one big patch
    -Release the editor that was originally announced for TSW 2020 and have been shown in a stream
    -Upgrade all trains from the preserved collection to be fully compatible (Livery Designer, LZB, RT 182 with IC Coaches)
    -Update old timetables and allow for custom ones to be created
    -Test new updates for a extended period of time and let the community be part of the test
    Regards,
    A customer who paid lots of money for various dlcs and is really disappointed.

• Like Like x 23
  2. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

A couple of things regarding your comment:

- While it would be an agreeable concept, that will never happen, I can guarantee it. Simply put, TSW2 hasn't got the same player base as RSG, the numbers are considerably smaller, and their business model doesn't rely on relatively few users buying dlc.
    - The editor will not get released any time soon, as explained in the streams many times. There are too many hurdles to overcome as of right now. Plus, not exactly my concern ATM, I'd much rather fixes got priority

• Like Like x 2
  3. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I am almost certain that with the dostos carriages present in TSW2 they are not authorized to travel at 200Km/h. The Talent 2 should also have approval for 160Km/h. Not more than. Of the DB rolling stock that we have in TSW2 only the IC carriages (of the DB101) have the approval for 200Km/h, but we must also see if 200Km/h are allowed on that section. The presence of the LZB should not be a certainty.

Details aside, I approve of what you wrote. And that's why after 3 years I stopped being a supporter of Dovetail and TSW. Too many (too many) errors. Here we persevere. And this is not good.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Spygot

Spygot Member

Cloadmcally
    I wouldn't be so certain. I think that especially because of the small player base DTG has to fix something. I know that many of TSW2's fans are very forgiving about bugs and problems of the game. But there are also many simulator fans out there that are very demanding and complain about things I wouldn't even think about. Plus, the HHL release and RT fix were even too much for many of the forgiving fans as you can see in the forum. Maybe the fixes won't be announced in such way and not as a single update, but they will have to happen, as the game will be otherwise dead, if every new route is as faulty as HHL. For the Editor, you are propably right, and I wouldn't be too sad about that if they concentrated on fixing the bugs. If they don't do that, an editor would give you at least the option to fix things for yourself.

7orenz You are right, the Dostos are only rated for 160km/h, aswell as the Talent. I was thinking about a possible use of the 101 or 403/406 (or a possible upcoming ICE-T) on that part of the route because it is indeed rated at 200, as the german wikipedia (->Technische Ausrüstung) says. But the LZB Speed Restriction isn't a big problem, so I could live with that not being fixed.

As for my opinion of DTG, I was hoping things would turn out well after the RT Fix and while the release of the 101 was promising, HHL just showed what is going on (or, in some cases, not going on) at DTG. If they are working on the game and stop shooting out faulty content I might buy something again, but until that happens I'm out.

5. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

I agree, they should prioritize fixing the problems, in both simulators, otherwise, less and less people will invest in the game. I don't find it difficult to understand that the less the quality, the less people will buy. I think it's time to slow down the production of new DLCs and focus on fixing the large number of bugs that simulators have.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

The editor is dead. Fullstop. Dont even try to reincarnate it. Its dead and it has been said by official DTG people for several times in the forum and in streams. Besides that I agree with OP.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spygot

Spygot Member

That's bad news. I knew the editor was not to release soon but I didn't knew they completely stopped this plan. Editor would have given players the chance to improve the routes and trains themselfs. But, who knows, maybe the community will find a suitable workaround like it happened in other games.

• Like Like x 1
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I see the quirky DTG rule that you are allowed to swear on the forum at weekends but not during the week has manifested itself once again. :|

• Like Like x 4
  9. Spygot

Spygot Member

I wouldn't say it's actual swearing, just a stylistic device to show one's frustration

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, there is an annoying inconsistency in the application of forum rules for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

There is almost zero moderation at weekends, it is quite dangerous actually. And feels rather amateur.

• Like Like x 2
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

They probably barley read the forums on the weekend

13. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Ha, I got a warning for a non directed “****” I’ll probably get another for this.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. hd9113

hd9113 New Member

It is not the first time I see all the comments mentioned above so I will not expect anything more from DTG anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  15. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

First ride on RT after patch. I found that "train surfing" is also simulated in game and passengers can freely enter the rear cab as well. Shuting down computer after depression...

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2021-05-18 21-43-44.png

By the way the speedometer and real speed do not match on BR182. Speedometer displays a lower speed by almost 5 km/h in some cases (against safety and leading to constant speed profile overspeeds). Bravo!

Cheers

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  16. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Oh my, what is going on at DtG towers!!!?