West Coast Main Line - Virgin

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrChooChoo, Jan 20, 2018.

1. MrChooChoo

MrChooChoo New Member

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned and I know DTG have acquired the licence from Virgin and there is talk of Virgin trains coming to TSW but what about the WCML (broken into sections, of course!)

London to Birmingham, Birmingham to Crewe, Crewe to Preston and then Preston to Glasgow. I think this would work well in Service Mode.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned!

Attachment below is an example of the timetable.

upload_2018-1-20_8-16-59.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 27
  2. Guinevere

Guinevere New Member

A good Place to start would be the section from Stafford to Preston as this is not covered in TS2018 and would complete the WCML in both sims. The rest can be gradually completed as an upgrade, easier said than done I suppose. Still I think it would be popular as it is the missing link and I think all developers are moving over to The Unreal engine now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PredatorMw2

PredatorMw2 New Member

I too have also suggested this route line, however ive suggested the one heading to Edinburgh :) I hope we can push for the WCML however as many said it's a very long line

4. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

I still reckon from Birmingham New Street to London Euston isnt a too big route to be made

• Like Like x 1
  5. Train simulator

Train simulator New Member

I am looking forward get virgin west coast

6. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

While the whole West Coast Mainline from London's Euston Station to Glasgow's Central Station would be too long as one route, I think the southern-most section of it from London to Birmingham would be awesome in Train Sim World!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Birmingham to london euston!
    One of the most popular routes in the uk, and ovee populated when it comes to passengers! It would be a great challenge for the devs and the players, now they have theyre virgin lisence too! And also the new train company would love some royalties i think, i use this line everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I think London to Birmingham would be an excellent route, however that's probably not what we would get. I can see it now, the next route for TSW "West Coast Main Line: London Euston to Milton Keynes" and that's all you get. Plus they'd probably screw up the tilt in the Pendolino somehow or use the horrible new blank white livery. Also no London Overground or Bakerloo Line. It would probably be just Virgin and London Midland (or London North Western or whatever the new operator is called).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Daves Transportation

Daves Transportation New Member

Great idea, I think the WCML would definetly be a great route.
    Carlisle To Glasgow AND Edinburgh would be a very nice route. You could have Virgin going to Glasgow and Edinburgh, with TransPennine Express if necessary, With ScotRail as commuter (156 or 158) and as freight you could use the 66 for container.

Or if that is too much to ask how about just Edinburgh To Glasgow Central via Shotts AND Motherwell, which is technically a WCML branchline. You could have ALOT of new trains in this route. Class 156 or 158 going to Glasgow, Class 380 for the motherwell runs, and maybe VTEC and VT as AI only. With freight options too.

10. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

I don't care what part, I just want the WCML! :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

He's on about it being for TSW, hence why it's in the TSW thread. :/

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Having followed the TSW from its first conception, I recall that one of the benefits of the new platform is that routes can be longer than in TS. However, the amount of work needed for each new route is probably greater. There's been no word from DTG as to whether there will be functionality to enable route sections to be added and joined together. It may encourage people to buy sections of route if there is some assurance that it will one day make a complete route. Seems like an obvious marketing strategy to me.

DTG take note, there's more money in innovative marketing strategies than there is in doing the same old all the time.

• Like Like x 3
  13. MarkRoden

MarkRoden New Member

OMG, I would sooo love to see this happen, except, I'd also like it to branch off towards Liverpool Lime Street, since you suggest it being in sections.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

This needs to be made, even if its two parts? Have birmingham to northampton as part one for £19.99
    Then northampton to london euston for £19.99 but offer as a bundle for £29.99-£34.99 if released at different times?
    Such a major iconic route for the midlands to the capital! Plus with the virgin lisence too could be a killer to get into TSW.

15. mattymoore1992

mattymoore1992 New Member

Would be good..With a 350 to go along with the route.

• Like Like x 1
  16. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Bet you they'll go for the ECML since they have a HST already. Hope not, as that's just pure laziness.