Total Eclipse Of The....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ntypeman, May 14, 2021.

1. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Can anyone please tell me why I seem to have a solar eclipse??? Has anyone else encountered this & can "it be fixed"???

Screenshot_Riviera Line_50.53091--3.59932_07-11-46.jpg

Thanks in advance...

Eric

2. tsonboard

tsonboard Member

A solar eclipse occurs when a portion of the Earth is engulfed in a shadow cast by the Moonwhich fully or partially blocks sunlight. This occurs when the Sun, Moon and Earth are aligned. Such alignment coincides with a new moon (syzygy) indicating the Moon is closest to the ecliptic plane.[1] In a total eclipse, the disk of the Sun is fully obscured by the Moon. In partial and annular eclipses, only part of the Sun is obscured.

A quick restart normally fixes the issue for me

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

Looks like you've installed the Armstrong Powerhouse Bonnie Tyler enhancement pack.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

tsonboard...

Many thanks, all sorted now... :cool:

Screenshot_Riviera Line_50.53090--3.59936_07-09-37.jpg

Eric

5. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Active Member

Instead of a big dark blur, now I see a big light blur

6. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

I had it occasionally on Ohio Steel 2. That one is actually angle specific. In that case there are little dots around the sun in a pattern as well, not just the disc. Might be arithmetic overflow, the brightness value going over 255.

Or some similar silly, like the sky at Horseshoe Curve being full white at 11pm, or the North Jersey Coast being omelette yellow at 5 am on a winter's morning. The lighting system may have been updated over the years, I just noticed shadow outlines a couple weeks ago in Clear Summer weather (nicely visible if you zoom in - trees in front of a building, or people in a station), also numbers on certain UK speed boards having a blurry outline. (And distant Edinburgh-Glasgow snow being pitch black.)