Long(er) Term Road Map?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by darkman222, May 14, 2021.

1. darkman222

darkman222 Member

I was wondering if there was a long(er) term road map.
    I found this one here: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-roadmap-4-may-2021

From what I can read: In production BR420 and the BR232, great news, cant wait for those :)
    and in planning only one route left: West Cornwall Local: Penzance - Truro & St Ives

And whats next? There is only one route and no loco left in "planning" section. Then wait for TSW3 for more content?

2. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Answer : make DLCs as fast as they can before people give up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The 3 routes from Rush Hour are also in the roadmap and you didn't mention them. Glasgow Cathcart Circle is also in development, but in the upcoming section (which means it is pretty much done and ready for QA).

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Glasgow is there....it is listed in the 'Upcoming' section. It moved up a stage since the previous roadmap

5. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yup, I was speed reading and I guess missed it. I will update the post, thank you.

6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

darkman222 : In summary there are currently 6 routes (3 of which will be bundled together as part of 'Rush Hour') and 6 loco DLCs in the pipeline

- Glasgow Cathcart Circle
    - Cane Creek
    - West Cornwall Local
    - NEC: Boston - Providence (Rush Hour)
    - Brighton Mainline: London - Brighton (Rush Hour)
    - Riesa - Dresden (Rush Hour)

- Class 313
    - DB BR 187
    - DB BR 420
    - DB BR 232
    - DB G6
    - Standard 1938 Tube Stock For Bakerloo (Not necessarily new as it appeared in IoW - but new to Bakerloo)

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  7. darkman222

darkman222 Member

Well thank you. So apparently there is not too much I missed. Being located in Germany I was hoping for some more german routes and old rolling stock. But okay the BR 232 and BR 420 are a good start :) Lets see what DTG comes up with in the future.

8. DruidsNectar

DruidsNectar Guest

If I'm reading the OP's post correctly (and some of the replies), then the real gripe is the time it takes for new DLC to arrive. The irony/frustration here is the removal of Steam Workshop. If the community/third party had the tools to develop new routes there would be no criticism. Yet, we are spoon fed some nonsense about licensing and inability to offer a solution...

9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Also they mentioned on a couple roadmap streams back the TSG dlc is still 12 months plus away from being done.

10. DruidsNectar

DruidsNectar Guest

Yeah, they mention, yeah the spoon that feeds you is shiny and clean, but the plate and spoon is empty. However, there are plenty of Steam Workshop developers waiting for the call, but it never comes...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

They also mentioned on one of these streams they will put new items on the roadmap only if they are ready to be worked on, so they are not in the queue for months on end.
    To avoid the number of "When is X coming out?! It's been on the roadmap for six months!!!" comments.

• Like Like x 2
  12. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I assume we’ll see a few more route dlc’s announced in next few Road Map updates? Here’s hoping anyway as it’s still a little thin on the ground.

13. darkman222

darkman222 Member

Well thats a plausible explanation.