Hello From Alabama

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by AlabamaMayhem, May 14, 2021.

1. AlabamaMayhem

AlabamaMayhem New Member

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I finally bit the bullet and purchased TS 2021. I honestly feel a little overwhelmed with all the DLC content and workshop items. Are there certain mods that anyone would recommend for first time user to enhance my experience? Thanks everyone

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forums.

3. AlabamaMayhem

AlabamaMayhem New Member

Thanks Michael

• Like Like x 1
  4. Southerner

Southerner New Member

Welcome to the forums! As a new user myself I would recommend you go through all the Academy engines and see if you prefer any over the other. You do not list any interests so it is hard to narrow down much without a little more information. Being from the states myself I am partial to US content and prefer diesel over steam but that may be just because I find them easier at them moment. There is SO much out there, but do yourself a favor and see what type of engines you prefer from the Academy, then run some scenarios in any DLC that came with your purchase, and expand from there. Wait for sales to expand you DLC library and try to plan your purchases (if you like A, that requires B, put them both on your wish list and watch for emails that they are on sale). I have picked up some western scenic routes like Feather River Canyon, Marias Pass, and Alaska Railroad in addition to NS Coal District and Clinchfield in the east with which I am happy with for now and they all were highly rated and recommended for the variety of rolling stock and scenarios. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. AlabamaMayhem

AlabamaMayhem New Member

I'm doing that now actually. I prefer steam too, mostly because it's what I grew up around. I've done 90% of the academy and while they all are unique and I hope to expand my library in the future, there is just something about the roar of that diesel engine. I just did my first quick drive mission on fife loop and it was rather enjoyable. It's definitely different driving with 15 cars behind you versus just an engine. Im gonna do a few more scenarios and narrow it down between passenger vs freight to see what is more interesting. I definitely have alot more to learn and am looking forward to it. Thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1