PC Br112 Documentation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DampWool, May 15, 2021.

1. DampWool

DampWool Member

I've been searching for documentation for the BR112.1 but to no avail.
    Specifically I am looking for guidance on finding the optimal technique for slowing and stopping .
    When is it appropriate to shut off AFP or set the speed to zero?

2. PeterNeutron

PeterNeutron Active Member

Won't happen.
    DTG is not interested in providing documentation about how the locos work.
    This would mean that the user would spot immediatly any bug which does not work as described.

Instead you have a lazy Tutorial mission.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

Hey all,

Is there a keyboard key that switches the driving programme to "braking only" on the 112 (and the 143)? In TSC, that's done with the 'F' key.

5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

6. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

meridian#2659 that's for the real life loco: I do know which button (or lever, rather) it is in the real life loco, I'm just wiondering what the keyboard shortcut is in the game.

As it's annoying to find and click the lever with a mouse during hectic 1000Hz-and-sifa-is-whining-and-oh-no-I'm-not-slowing-down-fast-enough-ZWANGSBREMSUNG! sort-of-situations. :) Especially with camera sway turned on (mouse keeps missing the target...).

7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

e.leerentveld, pretty sure meridian#2659's post related to the OP. And might I ask, why are you looking for a program in that sort of situation? They're supposed to help keep to the speed limits over long periods of gradients. When you need to brake, you deactivate the speed selector and just brake.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  8. Lamplight

The normal braking procedure is as follows:
    • Completely shut off the speed selector.
    • Brake using the driver's brake valve by reducing the brake pipe pressure by ca 1 bar.
    • Once you've slowed down sufficiently (depending on experience and feeling), release the brakes a bit to a reduction in the brake pipe of around 0.5 bar.
    • (Optional: When you get close to stopping, release the brakes a bit more so that the reduction in the brake pipe is around 0.1-0.2 bar.)
    • Just before you stop, completely release the brakes and secure the now-standing train with the loco brake.
    Doing so around 1 km before the station (adjusted for speed and gradient) will usually give satisfactory results. For anyone curious, I got that procedure from a real driver on another forum.

Never brake by reducing the speed selected on the speed selector, the loco will think it's overspeeding and apply all the brakes instantly. What you can do though is access the electric brake by doing the following:
    • Traction force selector to zero.
    • Speed selector to the 'on' position.
    • Carefully increase the force selector again to apply the electric brake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

My questions stemmed from the way you drive the 112.1 in TS Classic: there, Virtual Railroads (who built the simulated loco for TS Classic) specifically state in the manual that you first switch the 112/1's driving computer to "free rundown" by pressing the "F" key on your PC's keyboard. This will allow the step changer to run down to 0 without the computer thinking it's over speeding. When the tap changer reaches 0, you can apply the brakes (and only then: applying the brakes too soon will confuse the computer and cause it to trip the circuit breaker).

This procedure can be found on page 11 of the manual (for the TS Classic version of the loco):

10. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Reducing the max. power (also F key) to 0 has the same effect. This is what I do before braking. There is a German training video on YouTube somewhere which explains all that very nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the Deutsche Reichsbahn Baureihe 243 Lehrfilm or not?

There's also one for DR Baureihe 250 DB Baureihe 155 Energie-container

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lamplight

That's what you do in real life but unfortunately, we don't have the Freier Auslauf button in TSW. As Jonne1184 said though, reducing the force selector to zero essentially does the same thing as hitting Freier Auslauf.

• Like Like x 2
  13. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Also the Achslastenausgleich / Schleuderschutz isnt modeled in TSW, its the switch at the bottom on the left side. Well its not a big thing, but in real the force by pulling heavy trains is kind of lifting the front axles of the locomotive. That switch gives you better adhesion by pushing the front axle down with a cylinder.

• Like Like x 2