Scenario Planner Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, May 15, 2021.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’m still trying to get my head around the scenario planner. I can scenario plan a particular train onto a desire route but that’s about it at the moment.

Does anyone have a simple and understandable naming formula for all the scenarios you create within a particular route and another simple naming formula for the actual time tables you create in a particular route? For example if I wanted to put loads of different trains onto something like Trans Pennine for example. Quite often the names I come up with are not accepted.

Also and this might sound a bit obvious but all the different trains from other routes you put into a particular route do you only see them passing you etc when you only play a senario planned run within that particular route?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The game can be funny about names. I seem to remember it wouldn't allow Saltburn for some reason. One way round it is to use headcodes similar to what the real railway used (uses?). Use a number first, 1 for express passenger, 2 for stopping passenger etc. Then a letter denoting the destination, L for Leeds say, and then two numbers to identify the train. It's quicker to type as well.

Any services you add which are not the driven train will only appear at the times you've planned them to, if that's what you mean. They won't appear at random for example.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Tonto62. :cool:

• Like Like x 1