How Much Do You Need To Buy For Hamburg?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, May 15, 2021.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I was just curious if anyone has made this route look busy. I was left with the impression from the streams that Hamburg was one of Germany’s busiest stations.

I thought to myself sod it I’ll go for it. Well I’ve played a few hours of this and running the length of the line In the services I have I think the ,mOST I’ve seen is one stationary and two moving trains.

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding the word busy or if “busy” was in relation to the real station rather than the game. I kind of feel now that a busy route doesn’t exist when you have 35km of dual track line.

I have 5 German dlcs and it still quiet, I’m disappointed too the Taurus isn’t automatically on other routes.

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah they didn’t model any AI or S-Bahn so.

If you have the BR 101 you get 2 IC services, one upto Lübeck at around 12pm, then it sits idle in Lübeck until 4pm where you can do the return run back to Hamburg.

That is the only extra layer for the route, the rest is all substitution between the other German locos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. chieflongshin

That’s a shame. I’m too far in to refund this now. I think cathcart and Cornwall will need some real consideration on my part. I don’t know what it will take to get a living world and train driving short of playing grand theft auto or red dead. Things move in that

• Like Like x 2
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

DTG have done the “busiest station” line before and I think it’s really really disingenuous, because they don’t even add additional passengers to these stations, let alone anywhere near the level of trains you’d see.

You have to be really careful with the way DTG advertise their content because a lot of the time it’s in reference to the real thing and not what you’re getting.

• Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  5. chieflongshin

Spot on. That’s how I feel I’ve been burnt

• Like Like x 2
  6. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

It's corona time guy it's normal that the stations are not crowded.
    Once again DTG offers the in fidelity as we can expect !

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

But dtg said they don't simulate covid so then the stations should be full of people

• Like Like x 1
  8. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

They are right. They just forgot to write that 80% of the traffic from Hamburg goes south (Hanover, Bremen, Berlin) and not north-east. A bit like Koln-Aachen, there is no BR101 for IC services because it is not a primary line.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1